Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The $500 saved from the scrapper Cabriolet

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    real good deal
    -Tyler-

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Yeah, really couldn't turn it down or fight about it.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Was checking over the car so we can make out parts list for when the insurance check arrives and discovered the knock sensor is not even hooked up. The casing is still mounted to the block, but the wire is completely torn off and wrapped around some other wires, don't know how I missed this till now.

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    That's more than I got for my Syncro TDI B3 wagon... just saying.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Oh, if the dash is shot at all, I've got one in my garage you can just have.

Edit: I think, unless I tossed it out. Maybe I should go check...
    -Tyler-

The dash is mint, thanks for the offer though.

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    You seem to be making money on this thing. Have you thanked the neighbor for turning your $500 car into a $1500 profit?

Not yet, I might if he sees me installing all the parts he just bought us!
    Speaking of which just opened the envelope with the check on it Heading out I'm a bit to drop it off at FT for the hub and wheel bearing replacement, not looking forward to seeing the Chris list after it's visit.

but you'll learn so much more about the car this way
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

It will be a nice looking Cabby yet!

I sure hope so! Confirmed that I am getting the new fender and door Saturday.

Just got home from FT and there was only a couple of things I hadn't noticed on the Chris list. But I did notice they missed the bad knock sensor, so I told Ethan about it.

So nice driving it without the grinding wheel bearing sound and no shaking

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Nice! What was the issue with the knock sensor? wire insulation coming off?

The casing on the part that bolts to the block is completely busted and the wire isn't even attached to it anymore. It's wrapped around the wires for the oil sensors in the filter flange. But to be fair, if you read a few posts up I didn't even notice it till the other day.

Stopped on the way home and picked up a new OEM locking gas cap.

My gf repaired the one split seam on our new top today.

Before

Quality control manager Chloe was keeping a keen eye on her work!

After

When she was done I scrubbed the headliner.

Just finished ordering $1100 worth of parts for it.

that has to be one of the more expensive orders I've heard of..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

It includes everything to redo the suspension, tune up, stereo, wind deflector and random other parts. About 90% of the parts shipped today.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    Just finished ordering $1100 worth of parts for it.
    That's got to hurt. I had some of those for that darn bunny.

Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    That's got to hurt. I had some of those for that darn bunny.
    Technically it didn't cost us anything, all money from the insurance check.

Got the new fender on today.

Forgot I had these pics on the camera. My daughter scrubbed the new piece of rear carpet for me when she came down a couple of weeks ago.
    Before

After

Got the new led's in the center console gauges.

1st delivery of parts came today, stereo came too after I took the pic.

Unboxed

+ Reply to Thread