Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Things that need to be clicked on

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar

Things that need to be clicked on

this link, for example.. and tell EVERYONE you know to sign it. As of Monday, there were 7k votes out of 100k needed. It rapidly climbed and leveled off today at 56k or something. Lets try to get this happening with a new surge of sigs. MB caused this in the first place out of greed. They bought the politicians. Lets at least require a response..

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...s-and/PhZ4RMgz

Ooh... signed
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Signed it the first day it popped up.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Signed!

Spread the word as well guys
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Call me cynical, but I think it is pointless. 57 million people could sign the petition, and the current "government" would do nothing. Even if both houses were to agree on it (highly unlikely) it would never get signed into law.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

I was hoping that there was going to be something important to sign. This, at best, is a trivial issue.

How about we demilitarize our police force, get big money out of politics, stop the systemic destruction of our planet, and then get back to worrying about importing foreign market cars?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    Signed. I wouldn't waste an opportunity to tell the govt. that their bullshit is bullshit.
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    While I do not think this is going to repeal the law, it does require them to issue a response. This will at least bring it out there. Many people dont have a clue that there are cars that get 200MPG that you can buy right now, brand new, but are not allowed in the US.

Aaron, I agree there are far more serious matters that need to be changed, however you and I both know that getting greed out of politics and corruption out of government will never happen.

all three cars we rented on our last trip to Europe got 40 - 50mpg, and still performed pretty well. It's completely silly that the same options don't really exist here, especially since the federalization rules are basically designed to ensure that it's difficult and expensive for foreign manufacturers.

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Signed... but, alas:

Quote: Originally Posted by Arsigi View Post
    Call me cynical, but I think it is pointless. 57 million people could sign the petition, and the current "government" would do nothing. Even if both houses were to agree on it (highly unlikely) it would never get signed into law.
    Until they find a way to make money on it, it won't happen.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    While I do not think this is going to repeal the law, it does require them to issue a response. This will at least bring it out there. Many people dont have a clue that there are cars that get 200MPG that you can buy right now, brand new, but are not allowed in the US.

Aaron, I agree there are far more serious matters that need to be changed, however you and I both know that getting greed out of politics and corruption out of government will never happen.

Ehem. Adam. Next time I stay at your house, I'm going to write my name on your head whilst you sleep.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Haha! If you only knew the day I had... I knew it started with an A and Aaron had messaged me right around the time I saw that.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Signed!

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by girdwood View Post
    Signed... but, alas:

Until they find a way to make money on it, it won't happen.
    That is a component, sure, but I think it is more about personal freedom and government control, and those in power who always takes sides on an issue based on less of the former and more of the latter.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

Normal Member electromage will become famous soon enough electromage's Avatar
    The White House petitions are a joke. It's really nothing more than a place for people to vent, just saves them a trip to DC. The Executive branch doesn't have the power to do most of this stuff, and those who do just don't care enough or they're busy with lobbyists. Just look at the crap people post: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions - I wouldn't take it seriously either.

I consider it more of an opportunity to bring awareness to the issue. Not that the govt would change the rules to benefit the citizens.. With enough pressure, it could, but yes this petition will not change it. Lots of people think you can just simply "import" any car..

agree with Chris. The petition itself does nothing other than increase awareness, and get the executive branch to comment on the issue if enough signatures are gathered.... with are both good things

Normal Member electromage will become famous soon enough electromage's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    agree with Chris. The petition itself does nothing other than increase awareness, and get the executive branch to comment on the issue if enough signatures are gathered.... with are both good things
    I can't argue that it increases exposure, but it's in there with a lot of downright silly things.

Agreed. we still dont have a deathstar..

exactly

+ Reply to Thread