Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a quick aba 16vT question answered

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar

Need a quick aba 16vT question answered

Anyone know what the CR is going to be if I slap a 16v head on an ABA? The internets are not being very helpful. I blew the engine up in my vanagon last week two days after replacing the transmission I blew up.

So I figured more power is order, logically..

ugh.., I remember talking about compression ratios for exactly this years ago.. don't remember now. It was something like 9:1 iirc, but I know that's not a helpful answer
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Damnit! I suck for not following up. Its 8:1. got it sorted. parts on the way.

that's quite the drop in compression. Isn't an aba with a counterflow 1.8 head going to run at around 10:1?

Maybe I'm just forgetting numbers like usual...
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Yeah, that sounds about right. Might even be closer to 10.5:1. Need more area for extra valves. Think about the 16 piston crown that is flat with relief cuts just for the intake valves. Drop in compression means room for boost

I used to want to switch to an aba-16vT on the gti. That combo makes good sounds

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    8.5:1 or so is what I remember. It'll probably run like the old Porsche 930 turbos. Absolute dog until the OMG TURBO!!!
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

Hence the ball bearing turbo

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    And from what I hear from the G60 Corrado guys, the OBD1 ABAs are the ones to have. Oil squirters, forged internals and such. But of course this you probably already know.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

Yup, thats the bottom end I am using

+ Reply to Thread