Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PNWfahren GTG, May 9th, Tacoma

PNWfahren GTG, May 9th, Tacoma

Call or text me at 253-271-4040 if you need help getting here

the masses have spoken... May 9th works for most people. Chris, we'll get something happening after you're done with your crazy work.

what: our first PNWfahren GTG in a few years.
    when: Saturday, May 9th, 2pm to whenever.
    where: my house in Tacoma, near Titlow Park and Narrows Marina. Please message me for the address, and I'll post it here on the day before.
    bring: your significant other, and kids if you like. Bring food or a snack, soda, etc. Message me if you want to bring your dog as well. Ours is well socialized with dogs and could probably out play most other dogs

We do have a cat. Someone who is very allergic to cats may want to avoid the house

We want this to be a family event. Feel free to bring your kids, significant others, etc. We'd love to see the babies as well.. if Ryan & Arron

It's a pot luck. Come and hang out for the afternoon. We have plenty of parking, and lots of space inside.

Please do invite anyone who you think would be a good fit for the group. This is a great way to meet new people and get people to the forum . Just let me know if someone you know is planning on coming so that we know how many to expect.

Updates will be posted as needed. Feel free to ask questions.

people coming:
    Joel +1
    Ryan (buddylove) +2 (main dish ?)
    Mat (girdwood) +2 (quinoa salad + something else)
    Tony (Mr.Nobody) (big bag of chips)
    Alex (alxdgr8)
    Johann (bingthejew) +3 (side + root beer)
    Chris (Helios) ?
    Arron (VDubVirus) ?
    Tyler (twardnw) (beer + ?)
    Mike (ExplosiveToaster)

Address is:
    1824 S Walters Rd
    Tacoma, WA 98465

you can take either 6th Ave from the Jackson Ave exit off Hwy 16 and turn left onto Walters, or you can take the 19th St exit and follow it all the way down to our house. Both 19th and 6th have some nasty bumps and pot holes down the hill from Jackson Ave/Bridgeport, so beware.

It's best to pull into our driveway from Walters rather than from 19th. Our driveway looks like an alley.. it's our driveway though.
    Last edited by joel; 2015.05.09 at 09:33 AM.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

I'd love to play poker.. if enough people want to play and can stay a while later, maybe we can get something going. Or we can just have another poker night

edit: we'll talk about a poker night at the gtg
    Last edited by joel; 2015.05.04 at 16:56 PM.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    It's a Saturday afternoon/night...I may be able to make it as I'll actually have that night (9th) off. It'll just depend on what time I wake up and if I'm really in the mood to drive all the way down there on my one night off.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

I know what that's like. Message me for the address and no worries if you end up not coming

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    I'd love to play poker.. if enough people want to play and can stay a while later, maybe we can get something going. Or we can just have another poker night
    I'd be up for a semi regular poker game.
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Should be there, and maybe the gf too. I've got a cat allergy, but I'll see how long I can last!
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

Quote: Originally Posted by bingthejew View Post
    I'd be up for a semi regular poker game.
    I miss playing poker so much. I have a few other friends who I know play as well. We'll definitely need to get something going

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    We'll be there as long as we're not moving. I'd love to stick around for some poker, too.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    I will be there, but I forgot I have to work at our sidewalk sale in the morning, so I won't be there till like 3. And the gf is not sure she can make it.

sounds great.. will be good to have you

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    So this is getting close, any suggestions on what to bring?

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    We were thinking we'll bring a chilled quinoa salad (killer Stone recipe that I'm going to experiment with), and something else... not sure what else, though. Should we break up what to bring somehow, or at least start a list at the top or something?

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    How many people are we expecting? There will be the 3 of us. Just so we know how much food to bring.

I am going to be by myself.

Yeah, start listing how many are coming and what you're bringing. I'll list things in the first post.

We'll have a main dish and a dessert.. not sure what yet.

Ryan.. are Lisa and Parker coming? We'd love to see you all

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    I probably won't know for certain if I'm going to make it until the day of. Depends on what time I wake up.

I'll try checking in before I leave though and grab something that is missing/short the day of.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

Yeah, don't worry about it. I'm just trying to pressure you into going by adding you to the list

I am not much of a cook, so I can go get some mega bags of chips at Costco.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Yes, Lisa and Parker will be with me. We will probably get there between 2-3pm. I am thinking about bringing a main as well.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I'll be there, will bring beer + ?
    -Tyler-

awesome

There will be 2 adults and one kiddo with us.

You and two adults, or you and one adult?

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    You and two adults, or you and one adult?
    haha sorry... poor clarification there. 2 adults and 1 child total.

+ Reply to Thread