Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Because two convertibles is better than one, 99' Cabrio Thread

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar

Because two convertibles is better than one, 99' Cabrio Thread

So I know most of you know the girl friend totaled her Golf last Tuesday and unfortunately it was her fault. She only had liability, so we were on the hook for the car. Luckily, but sadly we had money saved up to move, which is now delayed. So the search was on for another MK3 Golf or Cabrio so we could transfer her suspension, exhaust, intake etc.... over.

We lucked out and found a 99' MK3.5 Cabrio right away. We are the third owners, it is in really great shape. There is one dent that we plan on getting a estimate for because the rest of the car is so nice. Couldn't get pic of it though. Really doesn't need anything right away. Needs a oil pan gasket, a tube for the SAI system(the one thing I don't like about the car) and some random lights needed fixed, I already fixed those.

Really haven't done anything to it yet. I got the stereo switched over, floor mats in and some parts are on order. Will start transferring parts over in the next couple of weeks. Any way some pics.

Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2015.05.24 at 16:05 PM.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Finally! Looking forward to the transformation.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    So is the gf, she is complaining about the stock suspension already! When she got home last night she said "Once you have had good suspension you just can't go back to stock suspension".

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Looks clean!
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Nice, looks pretty clean!

Got a couple more things switched over tonight.

Having two convertibles instead of sharing one = Winning!

Installed the most important part today!

Can't say enough about windesa, they are a great company! Girlfriend ordered it Monday afternoon and it was here Thursday from Germany! Quality product too!

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    I assume it keeps the buffeting down? Had that a bit with the S2000.

Yep, does a amazing job of it. We got one when we got the Cabriolet, doing 70 on the freeway and there is barely a trace of wind inside. And we also noticed that it makes it easier to talk with it installed when driving on the freeway, compared to when it isn't in.

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    I've never had a convertible, but I've always wondered about that. Hard to tell, but does it re-tract all the way down when not in use, or do you need to remove it in order to use the backseats?

You remove it, but it takes less then a minute. The is two clips on the bottom and two snaps on top. It comes with a storage bag, it just rolls up.

You swapped the tranny already? Nice!
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

No, it is staying an automatic. That gets everyone, it's a MOMO automatic shift knob, the button is on top and you push it down. You notch a shift surround from a stick to make it work.

Weird..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Had Mark from Leading Edge Glass install a new windshield today and once again he did another quality job! He discovered the old windshield had been replaced not to long ago, but they did a shitty job, he said that it was probably going to start to leak soon and it was a good thing we got it done.

I need to call him again. I called a couple of weeks ago and he didn't call back

He has been really sick lately, we had the same problem. He had an allergic reaction to some medication.

Made a ton of progress on it today. First things I did was got the intake installed, replaced the bad SAI pump hose and a couple of bad vacuum lines.

Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2015.05.02 at 18:33 PM.

Next I swapped tail lights, the ones on the Cabrio had cracks and the Golfs were perfect. Also installed some smoked side markers.

Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2015.05.02 at 18:34 PM.

Last things I did were swap suspension, wheels and the cat back exhaust over. I Didn't take pics of the exhaust. Almost forgot always change the cabin filter after buying a car, because God knows when it was last changed! The one that came in the car was foul!

And of the day it's starting to come together. New wheels have been decided on, just waiting on funds.

Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2015.05.02 at 18:35 PM.

Looking good! Looks like it could use some spacers.

It's getting different wheels all together soon, also I am anti spacers.

Those smoked sidemarkers look great on the car. Nice work today

+ Reply to Thread