monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1559 of 1629 FirstFirst ... 1509 1539 1549 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1569 1579 1609 ... LastLast
Results 38,951 to 38,975 of 40703

Thread: PNW Chit Chat Thread

working at home today, and the wife is gone now, so I can turn my music up.

I need some half-decent speakers for the garage..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Yeah, the comments section of that article was already blowing up with that sort of thing!

Tim Cook says you don't need more than one port - get with the program!
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by bingthejew View Post
    There are 3 houses in my cul de sac that just got posted on the market. Not sure if you guys have been looking at Lacey, figured I'd let you know. One of the three was a foreclosure, the other two were previously occupied. I'll get the address for the 3rd house tomorrow

3601 Banbury Pl SE, Lacey
    http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/36...49405915_zpid/

The foreclosure
    http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/72...49405917_zpid/
    Appreciate it, but the farthest south we are looking at would be Puyallup. Banking on Bonney Lake/Lake Tapps or Edgewood. Apparently we're not the only ones looking there haha

I have shut down Apache on the old server. That server hadn't been updated since probably 2011, but was still running a couple of active sites. I finally found the time to move those sites to new VMs.

That means that I'm ready to move my two servers out of Blue Box (my old employer). The old server will come back to my house, and the newer server (which hosts this site) will be moving to my new colo space in Tacoma.

So, PNWfahren will be down for a few hours, probably this week or next week.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by girdwood View Post
    Appreciate it, but the farthest south we are looking at would be Puyallup. Banking on Bonney Lake/Lake Tapps or Edgewood. Apparently we're not the only ones looking there haha
    Yeah, buddy of mine at work went through the same issue with Fircrest/Tacoma area
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Boy do I have a story for you guys later! Somebody tried scamming us on renting a house, gf is looking into reporting it to the proper authorities.

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    Boy do I have a story for you guys later! Somebody tried scamming us on renting a house, gf is looking into reporting it to the proper authorities.
    Intrigued
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    That means that I'm ready to move my two servers out of Blue Box (my old employer). The old server will come back to my house, and the newer server (which hosts this site) will be moving to my new colo space in Tacoma.
    Just curious - given the nature of the business, is that name an homage to the old phone phreaker hardware?
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

I really have no idea..

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    So me and the gf are looking for a house to rent and last Wednesday my gf found a killer deal on a house, listed in Craigslist . So she emailed the contact email address. Thursday "Arthur" the owner of the house got back to her, stating that he had moved to Chicago before he could secure a real estate agency to handle the rental and showing. Also he had the keys with him, I was leery after hearing that, but the gf wants a house bad and wanted to go look at the outside anyway.

Before we went to go look at it my gf did some research on the property and indeed an Arthur owned the house since new and it looked like he had owned several other properties over the years, but all them were now owned by a trust in his name. So Saturday we went by it and it was awesome, but we had questions and I was really leery of not being able to see inside. Also why we were there we discovered a real estate key lock box on the door, which sent up red flags.

When we got home she contacted "Arthur" that we were interested and he sent a very vague application, that didn't ask anything important. And said once it cleared and he received confirmation of payment he would send the keys via FedEx. So I really stressed to the gf this stunk like a con. So she did more research and found the house listed on a real estate website at twice the price. So my gf contacted "Arthur" about this, he replied that he had been working with them, but dropped them do to fee charges. So she also contacted the real estate agency by email about this.

No word on Sunday or Monday from either, we both stayed home sick Monday also. So today the gf got a email from "Arthur" asking if we were still interested in the house. So she sent a reply asking questions to keep the lines of communication open. She called the real estate agency and confirmed it was a con, Arthur had been dead for two years. She is working on filing a police report and then a report with the FBI.

Yeah.. I remember looking for rentals on craigslist and being really careful about only contacting people that didn't raise any flags for me... the same goes for job ads.

I have gotten both rentals and work through craigslist... it's only as good as the people posting on it though.

I'm glad you guys didn't fall for it

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    Surprising...

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31828184

...but not surprised.

Edit: I've been at my current job longer than Top Gear has been on the air? Wow, I'm officially old.

Double edit: Not old after all!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_(1977_TV_series)

Guess the old Top Gear is as old as me.
    Last edited by benny_mech; 2015.03.11 at 12:22 PM.
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

Yeah... the current Top Gear is quite new compared to the original Top Gear.

Shame about the last couple of episodes not airing. That hurts fans. And I don't really care if Clarkson is an ass. Everyone knows he is... and the show wouldn't be the same if he wasn't.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Yay for migrating really really old PHP sites to new infrastructure

Trying not to break things, but 5.5 + FPM is a long way from 5.3 & Apache workers
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Curious, Joel, if you're running FPM on this machine?
    -Tyler-

this server is apache 2.2 with mpm worker and the php module

my new servers are apache 2.4 with mpm even and php-fpm

need a recommendation for an electrician good with troubleshooting house wiring issues in the Tacoma area.. Mat know of anyone?

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Clarkson makes that show, without him, it would be as bad as Fifth Gear.

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    So me and the gf are looking for a house to rent and last Wednesday my gf found a killer deal on a house, listed in Craigslist . So she emailed the contact email address. Thursday "Arthur" the owner of the house got back to her, stating that he had moved to Chicago before he could secure a real estate agency to handle the rental and showing. Also he had the keys with him, I was leery after hearing that, but the gf wants a house bad and wanted to go look at the outside anyway.

Before we went to go look at it my gf did some research on the property and indeed an Arthur owned the house since new and it looked like he had owned several other properties over the years, but all them were now owned by a trust in his name. So Saturday we went by it and it was awesome, but we had questions and I was really leery of not being able to see inside. Also why we were there we discovered a real estate key lock box on the door, which sent up red flags.

When we got home she contacted "Arthur" that we were interested and he sent a very vague application, that didn't ask anything important. And said once it cleared and he received confirmation of payment he would send the keys via FedEx. So I really stressed to the gf this stunk like a con. So she did more research and found the house listed on a real estate website at twice the price. So my gf contacted "Arthur" about this, he replied that he had been working with them, but dropped them do to fee charges. So she also contacted the real estate agency by email about this.

No word on Sunday or Monday from either, we both stayed home sick Monday also. So today the gf got a email from "Arthur" asking if we were still interested in the house. So she sent a reply asking questions to keep the lines of communication open. She called the real estate agency and confirmed it was a con, Arthur had been dead for two years. She is working on filing a police report and then a report with the FBI.
    Crazy! Hopefully he gets nailed. Good on you guys for being vigilant.
    need a recommendation for an electrician good with troubleshooting house wiring issues in the Tacoma area.. Mat know of anyone?
    Unfortunately, no... haven't been in the field very long, so I don't have any reliable sources yet. What's going on though? I can try to help, or at least give you an out-side perspective, but I can't promise yet as again, I'm new haha I will ask around with the guys I trust, though, and see if they can recommend someone.

Quote: Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    Clarkson makes that show, without him, it would be as bad as Fifth Gear.
    Agreed. But I think that if anything, this is publicity stunt... whether it happened or not, they're getting more viewers because of it and they will air it. Maybe.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Joel, have you tried ODB? I know he isnt really in Tacoma, but he is experienced and will travel last time I asked him.

I haven't contacted anyone yet.. having someone over on Friday to look at our heat pump first. Then we'll need someone to come troubleshoot, but not fix anything with electrical, until we have more money.. we're trying to gauge costs. So I'm not sure how much it'd be worth having Chris come down.

Mat.. this is the same sort of issue I've mentioned here before..... breakers flipping upstairs when we turn something on downstairs

I really need something like this as well..

Quote: Originally Posted by alxdgr8 View Post
    That set does look nice!

I've got this one from Lisle, works well:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Chris... any comment/thoughts on these?

So gf talked to a police detective about the scam and was giving info about reporting it to the FBI.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    the schwaben ones work ok and so do the chinese throwing stars. if you get either of them, get them from a tool truck. do NOT order them online as you will break them. You want to be able to warranty them fast, so get them from your local snap on, mac, or matco truck.

anthony, I doubt the FBI will do much. sucks you guys got yanked around. was this a blue house near 24th?

Still good for the fbi to know. If they get more people filing they can build a case and maybe even eventually catch the guy

+ Reply to Thread