monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1578 of 1629 FirstFirst ... 1528 1558 1568 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1588 1598 1628 ... LastLast
Results 39,426 to 39,450 of 40703

Thread: PNW Chit Chat Thread

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I have spent many many weekends fixing the PO's attempt at sprinklers at our place. The front yard was mostly salvageable, but the back I just completely re-did. Dug all the trenches by had, got sprinklers exactly where I want them now. Oh, and : https://opensprinkler.com/
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    I assume you wrote your own? Or have you used their weather based automated one?

envious that you have a sprinkler system already though... we could use one at our place
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by girdwood View Post
    I assume you wrote your own? Or have you used their weather based automated one?
    I went with the 'pi' version, and am just using one of the open-source projects available for it. There's no way I'd tackle building all that software myself.

I really like it because of the capabilities. For the price of a 'higher end' purpose-built controller, you can get more zones and more features than any consumer grade system.
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    The sprinkler system is great, and works well for the parts of the yard it waters (for the most part). We still have to run the hose/sprinkler. Great idea, just poor execution.

I'll have to look into it more, but I like the idea of the weather-based program... I don't have a green thumb, nor do I pretend. I'm lazy when it comes to yard work, so it'd be nice to never have to deal with it again.

I actually watered some of my lawn tonight.... first time this summer. It was sorely needed.... most of our grass appears to be very dead
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

(⌐■_■)
    Not dead, essentially in hibernation. Unless you plan on giving it enough water to think it is fall, I'd just leave it be, you'll put some heavy shock on it if you aren't getting it enough water from here out
    -Tyler-

I know.. I'll try to start watering it pretty regularly now that I have the sprinklers out. My concern is that our dog is wearing large areas of dirt into the lawn while the grass is dry

I'm trying to talk my wife into letting the lawn go and revamping it next year... need to remove a massive stump, removing part of the side yard, adding/modifying more sprink lines, adding a garden, etc. We don't have enough weekends this summer available already, so I'm hoping early next year to do the yard re-work. Might as well save $ on water this year and just let the yard die

In other news... my wife just got a call from out tattoo shop reminding her of her next appointment. She said no need to call me (same appointment time, different artist) when they said my artist no longer works there. Awesome. I called him up, he's opening his own shop (doing renovations now) and can still do an appointment for the previous time. All is well. Whew.

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Spacing out home improvements really helps. I'm just enjoying my 5 days off, a row, since hours got cut.
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

Agreed, all it ever takes is time and money. Both of which are not the easiest to come by.

(⌐■_■)
    Yeah, we get caught up in money spending really really easy :\ We'll start fixing a minor problem, and before we know it, we're $1500 dollars in, and wondering where it all went!
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    lulz, sitting out on the back patio working, dog is with me, sprinklers just came on for the back grass and scared the shit out of him
    -Tyler-

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    They repaved Chumstick Hwy! That was fun!!!!!!

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Nice! Hopefully next year.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Hopefully, I will be able to put a pnwfahren drive together again, I was just to busy and they were slow on details this year. But, cruising with DBVW guys was a blast, there was probably 50-60 cars.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Hey guys!

Pfft! New guy!

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    Hopefully, I will be able to put a pnwfahren drive together again, I was just to busy and they were slow on details this year. But, cruising with DBVW guys was a blast, there was probably 50-60 cars.
    They really are a cool group of enthusiasts to roll with on a cruise, or to an event. DBVW made Cruise for the Cure super enjoyable.
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

(⌐■_■)
    Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Hey guys!
    ohai!
    -Tyler-

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    hai! Whats new? Sorry, its been a while and FB really has done a number on things.. Some much integration.. not ignoring the reality though.. Nor am I going to sign up for any mailing lists..

Ola!

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Look! It's Chris!
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

oh shit, they know my name! haha! Hope all of you dads had a happy fathers day! Yes, even you that are expecting..

Includes you. Congrats Chris!

+ Reply to Thread