monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1587 of 1629 FirstFirst ... 1537 1567 1577 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1597 1607 ... LastLast
Results 39,651 to 39,675 of 40703

Thread: PNW Chit Chat Thread

I still wish I had an e39 530i. The reason I have an e60 530i instead is because I realized that the prices are similar...
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    E38? D2? A lot of the older expensive cars are super cheap now.
    Not really. C43 is a 308hp V8, in 3 series sized car. Hand built by AMG, and were built to go for over 500k. I don't know how I completely ignored this car. Good examples go for $4-6k right now. They seem to have almost no enthusiast following, likely because of the auto tranny only.

It's hit my "must buy" list. As soon as I get wheels for the W210, I'm going to start saving up for one.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    There's always the C36 too. '97 is the year to get. C43 is still a little faster and lighter, but more expensive to maintain.
    I've though hard about C36's, but couldn't deal with the auto. That and I think I'd rather have an E34 540i/6 or E36 M3 over the C36/C43. And I'd still rather have my S6 Avant over all those choices too.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

Any opinions on Dunlop Direzza DZ102? I need tires for the Audi Coupe and can get them for $335/set after shipping and mail in rebate (which covers the shipping). For $25 more I could get General G-Max AS-03. Or for $70 more get BFG G-Force Sport Comp-2.
    Since it's FWD I won't be driving in the snow, the S6 will cover that or I'll get a dedicated snow set.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

I think those are the tires a friend drove on at the track... surprisingly good. I haven't heard of a bad Direzza tire... of course the Z1 and Z2 tires are great
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

My local Bimmer shop runs Pro 3 and Chump car, and swears by Direzzas.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Cool thanks!
    -Alex @vexartmedia-

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    My local Bimmer shop runs Pro 3 and Chump car, and swears by Direzzas.
    I assure you they are referring to Z1 & Z2s and not the DZ102 tires.. but, yeah

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Giant LEGOs? Yes, please.

http://www.everblocksystems.com/

Pity they are so expensive, though.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

Those are awesome!
    -Alex @vexartmedia-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Arsigi View Post
    Giant LEGOs? Yes, please.

http://www.everblocksystems.com/

Pity they are so expensive, though.
    Holy cow... Very awesome, and way too expensive to make anything worthwhile.

ION, got transferred to a new caseload at work, today. There's a void in Tenino that needed to be filled. Looks like I'm the filler. I'll be working out of the Tenino Police Dept., and there's an opportunity to get picked up as a reserve Tenino PD Officer. So far they have 2 DOC Officers on as reserves, and want another. Bitchin.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Tenino PD... they once pulled me over for a LP light out as an excuse to ask me questions.. then proceeded to waste my time telling me how important the light is, what the law says, and how fortunate I was that he wasn't ticketing me because Thurston deputies would most definitely ticket me. Small town cops....

At least Tenino has more reason to have a police department than just to ticket outsiders

Congrats! I hope it's better..

I wish cops in Portland still had the time to ticket traffic offenses. There's a lot of shitty driving habits going unchecked these days.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Good lord! I wish I had the spare money right now. I've watched this car's price drop and drop. I've talked with the owner on and off for the last week. I almost bought it, but decided to be responsible and bought a new video production computer instead. Pretty cheap car for something fast and reliable.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/5169220871.html
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Youngest daughter turns 17 today, which means only 365 days of paying child support left!

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Good lord! I wish I had the spare money right now. I've watched this car's price drop and drop. I've talked with the owner on and off for the last week. I almost bought it, but decided to be responsible and bought a new video production computer instead. Pretty cheap car for something fast and reliable.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/5169220871.html
    posting removed now

It was a C43 for $2900.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Just heard that he sold the car for $2400.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Assuming all packages arrive today, this weekend I hope to finally wrap up the well project I have been working on on-and-off for the last few months. Adding a bunch of water storage to the not-so-great well. Sensors and relays and pumps, oh my!
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi

Is that fun or interesting at all?

Sensors to keep track of how much water you have?

A bit... I do eventually intend to have several additional sensors so that I can monitor the tank remotely. For now, though, there are only three... two (one is a redundant back-up) that turn off power to the well pump when the tank is full so it won't over-fill, and one that turns off power to the system-pressurization pump if the tank gets down to empty, so that pump doesn't go dry. They are on a 24v circuit that engages the coils in a pair of relays, one 120v and one 240v.

I am actually tinkering with them right now, making triple-sure that I have the wiring correct! Woo, fun Friday night.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Arsigi View Post
    I am actually tinkering with them right now, making triple-sure that I have the wiring correct! Woo, fun Friday night.
    I guess we all have our own ideas of fun

My Friday night fun was a ride-a-long with the Grays Harbor Sheriff Dept. I'll have an application in by the end of September. They're an extremely picky group, when it comes to hiring entry level, but I developed a great working relationship during my time at the Grays Harbor DOC field office. Seems I made a good impression.

Would be a nice pay bump, for sure.

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    bleh, no fun today, trying to track down a server that is sending emails through our SES account, which are bouncing, causing amazon to be mad at us :\
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    success! Finally found it in one of our servers that isn't managed via puppet (GitHub Enterprise)
    -Tyler-

l Arron lSPACE

+ Reply to Thread