Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1623 of 1629 FirstFirst ... 1573 1603 1613 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 ... LastLast
Results 40,551 to 40,575 of 40703

Thread: PNW Chit Chat Thread

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Congrats!

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Congratulations!
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Not looking forward to going back to work Saturday night...

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    So, we're expecting our second kid in early July. It's a girl. It's going to be crazy.
    Congrats!

tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Howdy yall!
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Hiya!
    -Tyler-

Chris
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Regular Member V8-190e is on a distinguished road V8-190e's Avatar
    What do all these scammers hope to get out of posting all that jibberish all the time?... besides wasting Joel's time?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Joel's a slacker, he barely cleans up any of those
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    but in reality, whatever mod sees them first (joel, arron, or myself) just deletes them, or someone reports it and we all get an email and then we delete
    -Tyler-

it's a waste of spammer time.. but they get results by "spamming" and every now and then some thing hits.

So thankful my work week ends in a three day weekend. It's just been OT central since I came back from taking time off when my son was born

I need to take a day off soon... and not just to do something that's already planned. I feel like every time I have time away from work we have something planned that fills it all up.

wow.. the spam users are being created at a super fast pace. I found a usage pattern I can use to ban them from the server.. going to implement that tonight.

(⌐■_■)
    that sounds like more fun than my evening, writing an email automation to remind people to use their already purchased registration codes for this conference. Then later I get to migrate a couple of client sites to a new server for the day-job.
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    I reloaded some rounds last weekend, and bought a bunch more in preparation of this weekend. I'm finally going to break in our ARs and get some good draw fire practice with my carries.

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    wow.. the spam users are being created at a super fast pace. I found a usage pattern I can use to ban them from the server.. going to implement that tonight.
    I didn't get to this last night.. hopefully today

playing with freebsd jails a little.. it's like docker, but a little less abstracted, and with the benefit of having zfs as well. Docker has a nice delivery model though.

(⌐■_■)
    we're doing a bunch with OpenShift at work now
    -Tyler-

we're likely going to Mesosphere at some point. Right now we use docker-compose with ansible to template and orchestrate.. we really need to move to data center orchestration instead.

(⌐■_■)
    likely that we'll end up with a mix of OpenShift and docker-compose. We offer two pricing tiers, so the non-HA customers won't get all the fancy-ness (and higher overhead on our part) of OpenShift. Looks like we're going to hire a new guy this next week, he'll probably be put almost entirely on the docker-for-production project
    -Tyler-

I have heavily templated docker-compose files with large sets of service definitions that help build those templates. It makes the deployment and configuration pretty dynamic and flexible. It's pretty amazing what you can do with some simple tools. We run an haproxy container on each host that keeps track of services on that host, and then our LB's keep track of which hosts are up and knows where the services are.

Doing a lot thinking about engine swaps for the Mk1. I have a ABA, an 020, and a set of webers that were destined to go into it (post rebuild). This has been my plan, except for the last couple weeks after a coworker offered to sell me a complete VR6 swap (engine, transmission, harness, ECU)

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    To thicken the plot, I'm close to putting the B4V up for sale... complete donor car. TDI.

+ Reply to Thread