Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 1628 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 33 63 ... LastLast

Thread: PNW Chit Chat Thread

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    I have a story!

So yesterday, things seemed pretty ok. Amber, Morgan and I were going to meet up with Hank and his wife for some bowling. Seemingly ok so far.. right? Yeah, this is where it goes sideways.

So we meet up at the suggested bowling alley and attempt to reserve a lane. We get there at 19:30 and are told we can have a lane around 20:00-20:30. Ok, whatever, they have air hockey. Yeah, this is where it gets bad. So I am playing air hockey with Morgan and kicking his ass. The puck keeps getting stuck under every rail which results in us having to physically pull it out and put it back on the table. So after a couple of games of me kicking his ass (he never scored once) I do some investigating. Turns out, the table is broken and there is a piece of metal BLOCKING the goal on my side of the table. No wonder!! No matter though, Hank and his wife just showed up. So we go and ask the clerk how much longer (it is now 20:15). She replies with "the leagues dont finish until 9pm. Any experienced bowler would know that". WTF?? REally?? Nice. So we tell the lady to take us off the list cause we are done here. Mind you, 6 lanes were unused at that point.

Next bowling alley. This is the ghetto one in north Lynnhood. The one with all punk kids that are adamantly opposed to pants that are affixed at the waist and the obvious inability to put a baseball cap on straight. We walk in, see about 7 lanes open and ask about availability. They inform us that all of the lanes are taken for the night. Shit!

Next bowling alley. This time we called ahead to make sure we could bowl. They tell us, get here in 15 minutes and tehy will hold a lane for us. We get there in time. We get a lane right away. No problem. Über ghetto here. The people dont seem to be bad, just the facility. Still reeks of cigarette smoke from the 70s. No biggie though. I go to order a pitcher from the barmaid. When I get to the bar I ask what they have on tap. She responds with 'look for yourself'. The taps are an easy 10 feet away. Kinda hard to read also. Especially when the handles are turned away from me. So I stand there for a few seconds looking like an idiot trying to read what they have and order the pitcher. Done. Ok, we are now bowling, we have beer, and the quaint ghetto bowling alley doesnt seem so bad. We close the place down and head home. This is where the poor luck we were having returns.

First thing after walking in the door is the overwhelming stench of shit and puke. Nicht so güt!! Fete apparently was not feeling well and desecrated her kennel. This is 00:30. I take the kennel outside thinking I can just hose it off. Unfortunately, I have to take the kennel out the front door and walk it down the side of the house to get to the hose in back. After about 5 minutes of attempting to hose the kennel down, it occurs to me that it is now 00:45 and I am standing in my back yard in the dark trying to clean a dog kennel. I gave up. Screw it. I will take care of it in the morning and Fete can sleep in our room.

So off to bed we go. Not so much. Apparently, yesterday was the day to clean the sheets and comforter. So it is now time to make the bed. Not just the simple 'pull the sheets back up and straighten the comforter'. It MAKE the bed. Almost as fun as cutting up 2x4s and nailing a bed frame together at 01:00. Ok, bed is made. Time to sleep.

08:00. Fete has not gotten over whatever caused the problem in the first place. It is now time to jump on the bed (she weighs in at 95lbs) and climb around to let us know she wants out. Amber (awesome wife that she is) gets up to let Fete out so she can empty both ends of her body. Upon getting up, Amber has now realised that Fete did not wait. Dairrhea is on the carpet, and has how been tracked all over the bed (please see the part about how the bed was made 8 hours prior).

Fun times today, hosing off the dog kennel, cleaning poop out of the carpet, and nursing a hangover. No more Mac and Jacks. They make horrible hangovers.

Hope you guys liked my story

Not a cool story bro! Actually, its pretty shitty.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Lol! Yeah, pretty shitty.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    something I drank last night basically stopped my digestive system. Puked up IPA and taco's at 10ish, just now got done with a shower and made it downstairs:sick:
    -Tyler-

That sucks man. Maybe it was the IPA?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    nah, I think the last beer I had was PBR, I just poured a glass out of a pitcher on the table w/o checking to see what it is. I can drink a single can of PBR, and the next day is exactly like what I experienced today.
    -Tyler-

That sucks. I'm feeling fine. Had to have been something that I didn't have.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

spent the day at Bremerton on the Alfa Club's Performance Driving School. Got a kick out of the instructors being surpised with nearly everything about the car & I:

"that thing is diesel!? Wow.. I assumed it was gas." (after riding as passenger with me around the road course for a good half hour)
    "what performance mods do you have?" "just suspension and tires" "uh.. really? Wow.. I'm really impressed with this thing!" (got this both from instructors riding in the car & with fellow racers)
    also had a couple guys really surprised that I had no previous track experience (not counting the 7 laps where I threw myself onto the Ring and the waterwerks autocross )

so yeah.. good times. I only had a couple student cars that could keep up with me through the course, so I figure I was doing alright

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Hello PNWFahrers.

Another 'technical' thread here from me if anyone has any input! http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4814337
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

feel free to create a thread here as well Ron
    I know Chris would be happy to add his input here..

I shan't help you on that other forum post here.

Ha! beat me to it Joel!

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Fine, fine... I copied to post here: http://forums.pnwfahren.com/showthre...-and-questions...

Joel, should there maybe be a 'Technical' sub-forum for that sort of thing?
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

The Official Attention Whore wintermode will become famous soon enough wintermode's Avatar
    Washington State DOL can suck a fat one.

That is all.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arsigi View Post
    Joel, should there maybe be a 'Technical' sub-forum for that sort of thing?
    imo.. no, at least not unless we get to a point where there is actually a measurable demand for one. I'm not keen on sub-forums for this site at the moment. I did, however, add a thread prefix, so people can be clear that the thread requires real answers

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by wintermode View Post

That is all.
    DOL or DMV?

I hate the DOL a LOTTTTT more.

don't know much about the DOL, but I can tell you've had much worse experiences in the car licensing offices.. ugh

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    DOL = car licensing office.

Quote: Originally Posted by trip permit View Post
    DOL = car licensing office.
    DOL = Department of Licensing
    they license a lot of things that have nothing to do with cars...

and then there's the place where you go to deal with your driver's license... which it sounds like we both agree is pretty bad

and yes, WA does have it backwards

Quote: Originally Posted by wintermode View Post

That is all.
    Why?

(⌐■_■)
    A+ would read again!!!
    -Tyler-

O... M.. G...

I would take your tires/wheels to Achtuning, if they do patches.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    that website some of your better work Adam?
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread