Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 1627 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 34 64 ... LastLast

Thread: PNW Chit Chat Thread

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    that website some of your better work Adam?

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    I would take your tires/wheels to Achtuning, if they do patches.
    I don't know.. I just view Achtuning as a place where you can buy a few things.. and maybe have it installed. You don't really take things to Achtuning to have them fixed..

Blingtrain:
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

jumping back in time..
    I'm going to use some of my current unexpected down-time to brush up on a few things I might have missed out on working with over the last few years. I took an computer out of storage that had been used as a router/NAT system when I last lived with roommates in Tacoma. I picked up the computer from UW Surplus a couple years before that for probably $20. It's a P3/1ghz with 512mb RAM. I stuck an old cd burner and a 100gb drive in there.

So I just booted this up. It's been turned off since at least mid-2007 and the system clock is only 4 minutes off. I'm amazed at that... since my brand new system (eh.. about a year old, but whatever) is off by a minute or two after a few days.

Also kind of interesting.. the OS running on it is OpenBSD 3.9... which was released in 2006. Ancient...

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    geez Joel, time to update
    -Tyler-

IDKWTF you just said.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

geez Joel, time to update
    installed FreeBSD 8.0 last night

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    wish I could order new hardware for our server that crapped out :\
    -Tyler-

just finished two weeks (some work each day) of yard work. I can't wait to move to a place where yard work isn't written into the freakin' lease agreement.

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Sounds like what you need is a condo!
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Achtuning wont even mount tires on used wheels last time I checked. So I doubt they would fix a tire. I do know of this one place that does a Fine job of installing tires on used wheels. I hear they even do well at Tuning a plug into a tire. Ha!

Sorry, shameless plug. Just dont want Joel to get screwed by Les and his cronies

Quote: Originally Posted by Arsigi View Post
    Sounds like what you need is a condo!
    I have looked at renting a condo, as long as a private garage is part of the deal.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Achtuning wont even mount tires on used wheels last time I checked. So I doubt they would fix a tire. I do know of this one place that does a Fine job of installing tires on used wheels. I hear they even do well at Tuning a plug into a tire. Ha!

Sorry, shameless plug. Just dont want Joel to get screwed by Les and his cronies
    If you guys will patch the tire I'd be happy to take it there. I'm going to be killing those tires this year, so I definitely want something that will hold.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Well, we dont have patches. just plugs. I have plugged all the tires that i have had leaks with along with all of my customers and not one time have i had a return. never. but, there is always a possibility of anomalies. that said, you bring the car and some coronas and the tire will get plugged. highly unlikely that you will have a problem. I will ask bubbles what he thinks as he worked for discount tire for a fair amount of time.

thanks.
    I'll probably wait until next week.. when I should find out whether I'm getting this job or not. Once that's out of the way I'll be able to make a few more plans again.

oh, fyi.. got my tire patched at the Hankook Tire place in Lynnwood. Can't really beat free when you're unemployed and out of money.

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Cool pic - I do love Edsels.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi

(⌐■_■)
    think I'm gonna go home for lunch, then to the bank, then go buy a droid
    -Tyler-

think I'm gonna go home for lunch, then to the bank, then go buy a droid
    Make sure they don't try to sell you one with a bad movitator...
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi

People are still buying iPhone wannabes?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

BTW, how is there not a photography forum on here? Joel?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

People are still buying iPhone wannabes?
    it's not a wannabe.. if it were a wannabe it would suck

BTW, how is there not a photography forum on here? Joel?
    forum? I'm not going to add any new forums without there being demand first. Ever look at other small forums online and notice how they have 20 different forum sections, most with only a few threads and only a couple semi-active main forums? I'm not going to get ahead of demand here..

There could certainly be a sticky 'photo a day' or 'lens flair' type thread though... if there's demand.

I was spotted at Golden Gardens yesterday..

+ Reply to Thread