monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1579 of 1629 FirstFirst ... 1529 1559 1569 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1589 1599 ... LastLast
Results 39,451 to 39,475 of 40703

Thread: PNW Chit Chat Thread

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Was your name a mystery? Do I get a prize?
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    I'm trying to re-invent my stairs and I'm having issues; anyone care to join the fun? I was hoping to have replies by now on the DIY forum... haha

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/de...ime-diyer.html

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by girdwood View Post
    I'm trying to re-invent my stairs and I'm having issues; anyone care to join the fun? I was hoping to have replies by now on the DIY forum... haha

I'm really intrigued by this and I'll contact a few contractors in my family for clarification on some of your questions. From everything I read, the slab would work for an adequate anchor (depending on thickness). I'll double check in the morning.
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I'd put in a landing. Or even move the stairs off to the end of the deck, still with a landing
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by girdwood View Post

PM sent
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Thanks, guys! I'm thinking I'm going to do a real simple rebuild right now just to make it safe and within code; next year we'll probably add onto the deck a bit and do stairs with a lower landing. I'm running out of weekends this year, so need to be selective.

that happens some how.. the summer comes and suddenly the rest of the year is full
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    crap, may need to buy some new hardware for my pfSense router, this PIII Gateway is starting to die I think
    -Tyler-

Too bad you can't buy similar hardware for cheap these days
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

What's Androit Digital Solutions?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    -Tyler-

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Working in a glass shop on a hot day is not the ideal situation! Just glad I am not in the actual "hot" shop with all glory holes and glass furnaces that are a average of 2300 degrees each.

ouch..

I'm glad we live near the water. It was 70F when I left home. I drove up the hill and it was quickly 75F, and driving a little deeper it reached almost 80F.

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    100° over here at the moment... supposed to be as high as 108° on Sunday, for Hoopfest and the Ironman race. Pretty much triple-digits for the foreseeable future.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Was reading back a bit on the subject of sprinklers... man, living on property out in the country, with a low-producing well during a heat wave (and no sprinklers), makes for a rough time water-wise! I was all by myself for the last two-three weeks, had to get up at 5 each morning to spend 90 minutes watering the garden and plants.

Currently I am mid-project, putting in a water storage system. Going to have about 1500 gallons on hand when all is said and done. Slow going, though, because the heat has made it rather miserable to work out in the garage and well house!

Once that is finally done, though, THEN I can worry about sprinklers and I too am kicking around ideas for a homemade Pi/Arduino controller for them.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi

(⌐■_■)
    Hi Ron!
    -Tyler-

Herro.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi

busy weekend.. took our moms to Northwest Trek, napped, then stayed out late playing poker with friends on Saturday. Then Sunday we had church, then I spent a little time at the E30 Picnic, then we spent a couple of hours at Babies R Us to create the beginnings of a baby registry, then went grocery shopping, then came home and watched the last of the current Top Gear episodes and the latest Food Network Star episode.

wow.. just saw some photos from the fires in and around wenatchee

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Kinda laughing inside, seeing the usual "anyone take pics of my car" posts and seeing pics of the same cars that always get their pics taken and only two of mine, while looking at my gold trophy!

That's how it works. Big congrats.. well deserved. I'm glad you had judges who could see what you'd done.

The last time I was at waterwerks the judges simply didn't listen to anything I told them and ignored my mod list... and because they didn't know a thing about sportwagens they thought most of what I'd done was stock. So I went from having a first and second place at several shows, including a first, second, and silver at water weeks, to not placing at all. I was done, at that point
    Last edited by joel; 2015.06.29 at 21:26 PM.

They are doing a point series now of 4 shows(3 last year) and there is a head judge that is being judging shows for awhile from what I hear. Between the two shows I have done all except one judge(4) were the same. And the judging has seemed spot on as far as where cars placed and I don't think that just because I did good. I have also noticed all the top cars are not just the stanced, bagged and ultra low cars that were ruling the trophies the last few years, but complete builds.

Good. The crappy judging I had to deal with pushed me away from caring about showing ever again.

+ Reply to Thread