Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1626 of 1627 FirstFirst ... 1576 1606 1616 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 LastLast
Results 40,626 to 40,650 of 40662

Thread: PNW Chit Chat Thread

have another job lined up?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Normal Member V8-190e is on a distinguished road V8-190e's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    have another job lined up?
    Yes - i will be re-joining a company I worked for quite a while ago. It is a really neat place with some fantastic CNC equipment. Best of all it is 20 min from our house and no travel to China always looming over my head. My current office is about 50 miles away from my house so tons of time wasted commuting to downtown Vancouver.

ugh.. a 50 mile commute in that traffic sounds ugly. But then, my commute is 40 - 65 miles.. I just travel off-hours, mostly.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

It is a nasty commute - great $$ and a challenging job though.

Has everyone here watched Colin Furze on youtube? - some seriously cool builds.

https://www.youtube.com/user/colinfurze

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    ha, yeah, he does some fun stuff, but the budget he gets from places like BBC have a big part in that.

You being in the CNC/machine space, ever watch AvE? https://www.youtube.com/user/arduinoversusevil He's actually up in your area. Some of his teardown videos are pretty entertaining, but he also has a fair number of videos about building things and going through design process
    -Tyler-

Colin Furze is crazy and awesome

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    ha, yeah, he does some fun stuff, but the budget he gets from places like BBC have a big part in that.

You being in the CNC/machine space, ever watch AvE? https://www.youtube.com/user/arduinoversusevil He's actually up in your area. Some of his teardown videos are pretty entertaining, but he also has a fair number of videos about building things and going through design process
    Those are pretty amusing.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    there, some activity aside from the chit-chat thread
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    tried to save a little bit of money on fixing up the Volvo before selling it, attempted to use a 'Trim Restorer' on the bumper plastics, didn't do shit Gonna have to spend $30+ on a bottle of dye now :\
    -Tyler-

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Fellow Audi friend recommended leather dye. I tried it on mine and it has held up well...but then again the car has been sitting in the garage and not exposed to water/sun.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '10 VW Touareg TDI [Tow Rig and DD]
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '03 Audi S8 --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)
    '01 Ducati ST4

(⌐■_■)
    ooh, I'll give that a try, only need to have it last long enough to sell
    -Tyler-

We initiated a refinance on our house last week. The way house values are going up, we're expecting to drop the PMI and have a slightly lower interest rate, and then we're considering a loan for some house improvements. All of this while we're expecting to have a newborn in the house..

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    So, if you haven't heard Photobucket is now charging $400 a year to third party host, which means all my threads are toast. I need to find a new way, tried Flickr and imgur, but can't figure out how to post pics. Help?

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Got it figured out sorta, but pics are HUGE!

In other news, I have a photo shoot Saturday for the Jetta, because I am going to be featured in volksamerica magazine.

good luck on the photoshoot!

nothing is free.. photobucket eventually was going to lose enough money to require payment. $400 is a lot though. Flickr and Imgur are probably the best options right now.. as you mentioned.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Ya, my threads are done as well. I've tried to download my albums off of Photobucket, but I have had no luck.

I went through the main account that my threads are built off and deleted just about everything that wasn't important. Took my total percentage done to 70% hoping it would unlock the account, but it didn't. Just thinking of all the info threads and dyi's lost because of this is mind boggling.

that really sucks

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Anyone have any good leads or places to look for a programming job? I have a friend that lives in the Seattle area and looking for a better job. Any pointers I could give him?

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Hello peoples!
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '96 GTi

hi Chris

inquired about a car in Beaverton today. Hopefully it all works out.. this car is what I want, and I'm not sure another one will come up that is similar.

+ Reply to Thread