Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 1628 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 28 58 ... LastLast

Thread: PNW Chit Chat Thread

Junior Member The_Lunchbox is on a distinguished road
    Joel, you said you're running all this on your personal server, right? What are the specs on it.

yeah.. both of my gallery sites and this forum are on my own server running in a data center in Tukwila. It's an old Dell box.. dual P3/1ghz with 1gb ram and two Seagate 320gb SATA drives in a RAID 1 on a cheap HighPoint controller

It's been running steadily with no issues for a few years.. hasn't been rebooted in 237 days now. But it's definitely not fast enough for today's database driven sites. The server grinds nearly to a halt when the gallery sites are used heavily, and I've watched the load spike quite high since this site has been added as well. Sooo.. it probably won't be very long after this site opens that the new server will be required

237 days is pretty impressive nevertheless, Joel.

I know how to run a server

I'm sure you do "alright". ;-)

ugh I'm exhausted. I can't see clearly... can barely think coherently for more than a minute or two without my eyes closing or my mind drifting off. There's no way I can get home from work safely right now... guess I'll have to sleep in my car for a bit

The Official Attention Whore wintermode will become famous soon enough wintermode's Avatar
    Portugal. The Man released their new album American Ghetto today. Download it.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    For PT we will see, the Harlequin is in dire need of control arm bushings and balljoints. I should be ordering them in the next couple of days.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    oh joy, another company meeting :\
    -Tyler-

The Official Attention Whore wintermode will become famous soon enough wintermode's Avatar
    I've been on the phone for 4 hours with various banks and debt collectors regarding identity theft. And after everything, I feel like I've gotten nowhere. :worried:

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Eek - that's not good.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

Total joke. One of the banks in particular, First Bank, has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with in my life. I feel like every conversation I had with their representatives was pointless, and nothing was solved. I don't currently have an account with their bank, but I can guarantee that I will never, ever create one with them.

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    That reminds me... time to take a look at one of the free credit reports online again. Since you're entitled to one of each of the big three each year, I try to check one every 4 months or so.
    Last edited by Arsigi; 2010.03.02 at 11:54 AM.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

So I knew my credit report had been jacked, because the person got arrested writing a check from a checking account she had created. I got notice of it from the Pierce County prosecuting attourney. Anyway, funny thing (Well, not really), the false information only showed up on one of my credit reports, the TransUnion. From what I've been told, TransUnion is usually the report that people check less often because they generally don't have updated information, so it's surprising that they had the most information. I'll no longer only check one report at a time.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    that blows
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    No good. I just checked my report on Transunion yesterday, everything looked fine. I should probably check the others too.

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    that blows
    She had already gotten away with over $2k worth of camera equipment. This whole credit issue is just a kick while I'm down.

(⌐■_■)
    somebody snagged my moms credit card info when I was a kid, charged a bunch of wigs to it, and even had them delivered to their house. We found that out and had the cops waiting for them.
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by wintermode View Post
    This whole credit issue is just a kick while I'm down.

i wrote a novella last night about your life. The title and content were one word. I called it. "Meh."

Quote: Originally Posted by Bart Taylor View Post
    i wrote a novella last night about your life. The title and content were one word. I called it. "Meh."
    Sounds like a bestseller.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    By best seller, you mean free dowload right?

Robyn.. you are now required to go on the PT cruise. Just sayin'...

much more awake today... I slept in my car for 5 hours yesterday, then drove home and slept another 7 hours or so.

Not sure I could sleep in my car with my current seats... Now, once the new ones are installed, possibly.

yeah... thankfully my wagon's seats aren't too bad. I've certainly had much worse..

+ Reply to Thread