monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: moving.. anyone know of anything?

moving.. anyone know of anything?

So the time has come... I'm seriously looking into moving out "on my own", away from any roommates. I'm pretty low on money right now and can only afford something that's similar to what I'm paying now (about $900 - $1000/month average, rent + basic bills (water, power, heat, garbage, etc.)).

-I need a garage.. or at least covered parking, but a fully protected garage is highly ideal.
    -for the most part, I'm looking in the areas of north seattle/lynnwood/south everett, bellevue/kirkland/juanita/bothell/woodinville, in a decent neighborhood where I won't need to worry about someone breaking into or vandalizing my car or house every night. I'd broaden the area more, but I moved from Tacoma to Kirkland a few years ago and really don't want to move that far any time soon. I'll consider just about any area that's within about 20 - 30 minutes of where I am now (downtown Bothell area) and is within about 20 - 30 minutes of downtown Seattle (without traffic).
    -Minimum is 1 bedroom/1 bath.. don't really need much more.
    -Huge plus if the place has an option to have FIOS installed rather than Comcast. If I have a choice between a place that can get FIOS and one that can't, I will choose the one that can.

With all that in mind, does anyone know of any thing available? A house, townhome, duplex, condo... are preferred, in that order. Apartments are at the bottom of the list, even though I know that it's most likely I'll end up in an apartment at the price I'm looking for right now.

I know that my options are rather limited with those requirements above... but I'm hoping someone may know of something. I've found a few options on craigslist so far.. but the more options available, the better
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Is the $900-$1,000 rent only, or rent+utilities?

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    Is the $900-$1,000 rent only, or rent+utilities?
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    I'm pretty low on money right now and can only afford something that's similar to what I'm paying now (about $900 - $1000/month average, rent + basic bills (water, power, heat, garbage, etc.)).
    so, I guess, by that I mean that the $900 - $1000'ish is the total cost for the rental. I know it's super cheap for around here, but having looked at craigslist ads I'm sure it's possible. I could even do a large studio if everything else fits.. but a 1 bedroom is definitely preferred.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Normal Member RoadRunner is on a distinguished road RoadRunner's Avatar
    Last edited by RoadRunner; 2010.06.15 at 10:58 AM.

Quote: Originally Posted by RoadRunner View Post
    Issaquah is nice
    thanks, but for $1k/month the selection really increases. I can't really afford to spend that money right now

oh, i thought 1k was your budget.

Check out Preston/Northbend/Snoqualmie You're still 30 minutes from downtown Seattle, but rent is cheaper, views are nice, etc.

oh, i thought 1k was your budget.

Check out Preston/Northbend/Snoqualmie You're still 30 minutes from downtown Seattle, but rent is cheaper, views are nice, etc.
    $1k is the top of my budget including other regular rental costs

Right now I'm just looking at craigslist ads... not focusing on any specific area. I could go for the north bend area, but it definitely is a bit far out for me. Issaquah is even a bit far once you get away from I-405, but if the right place came up I'd go for it.

Issy's 5 minutes from 405.....

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    so, I guess, by that I mean that the $900 - $1000'ish is the total cost for the rental. I know it's super cheap for around here, but having looked at craigslist ads I'm sure it's possible. I could even do a large studio if everything else fits.. but a 1 bedroom is definitely preferred.
    Hmm, Casey and I's place is a 2 bed 2 bath with a detached garage for ~$1,300. One bedrooms are $870.00-$1,015.00 with a $150 deposit. Minutes to 405 or I-5.

Issy's 5 minutes from 405.....
    you can also be in Issaquah be a lot farther from 405
    Nothing against the area.. just saying that you can still be in "issaquah" and more than 30 minutes from Seattle.

Hmm, Casey and I's place is a 2 bed 2 bath with a detached garage for ~$1,300. One bedrooms are $870.00-$1,015.00 with a $150 deposit. Minutes to 405 or I-5.
    where at?

Normal Member Steve is on a distinguished road Steve's Avatar
    My sis-in-law has a business and a few rentals in Bothell- I'll see what she has available.

where at?
    A 2 minute walk to the Mill Creek Bostons.

Or in other words, middle of downtown Mill Creek.

A 2 minute walk to the Mill Creek Bostons.

Or in other words, middle of downtown Mill Creek.
    uhmm.. a name of the apartment complex would be helpful
    I'm shopping around for places to contact... much less concerned about the location of where said places are

joel-

do you have layar on your droid? when you use the eye button, it searches all sorts of stuff in your vicinity. i don't know how to explain it, but when i was ****ing around with it earlier, there were several apt listings on it, along with twitter posts and what not. it's really awesome.
    bitches catchin feelings like will i am

Quote: Originally Posted by burbleburble View Post
    do you have layar on your droid? when you use the eye button, it searches all sorts of stuff in your vicinity. i don't know how to explain it, but when i was ****ing around with it earlier, there were several apt listings on it, along with twitter posts and what not. it's really awesome.
    don't think I've heard of that...

uhmm.. a name of the apartment complex would be helpful
    I'm shopping around for places to contact... much less concerned about the location of where said places are
    Yeah, I figured that's what you meant.

http://www.breparkwood.com/

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant.

http://www.breparkwood.com/
    cheapest they have is $920/month right now

Lame.

We need more sweet VWs in the parking lot.

+ Reply to Thread