Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: '81 Caddy fuel filler neck vent

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar

'81 Caddy fuel filler neck vent

Have had an issue with the filler neck vent tube on my Caddy. There is a section of hose that is missing, which causes gas to spill out on the road, when making left turns, with over a half tank of gas.

The next issue is that the space around this missing hose is near impossible to get to, without infant child hands. Anyone have any tips or tricks in replacing this hose? I've searched far and wide for a P/N or an DIY on replacing the hose.... No luck in over a year.

The hose attaches to the the little elbow near the top of the filler in this picture:

SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    Seems like I've seen this issue before on other MK1's. I think the P/N doesn't exist because it's just a length of fuel hose that you can buy from Autozone by the foot. Of course you'll have to measure the OD of the elbow it attaches to, and get the closest size you can find. Spring clamps and long needle nose pliers my be your best bet if access is tight. I got a set of long needle nose, straight, 45 deg, 90 deg from Harbor Freight, and I use them all the time.

“Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Thanks, Benny! I rounded up a few different sizes of fuel line, last year, and I do have some spare spring clamps in the garage. I'll give your idea a go.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

+ Reply to Thread