Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 1991 Honda Beat * AKA * MINI-NSX

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    I had the tires mounted on the rims on Tuesday. Mounted up all of the wheels yesterday and the rears cleared fine. The front tires are hitting on the springs. The old setup was 13x4.5 et 45 (I believe I have the offset correct). The new setup is 14x6 et 39. I made sure to check clearances before I tried to move it anywhere, so that I didn't get any nasty tire wall scraping. 5mm spacers are on order and hopefully that does the trick. If not, then those spacers will end up on the rear and I will need to get extended studs for the front and go with 10mm spacers. There is room as the front is sucked in a lot more than the rear for fitment. The big issue here is that we don't have a lot of good tire options in 14", so I went with the best and basically only one, Dunlop Direzza ZII.

In other news the front has braided stainless lines and the rear looks to have new oemish lines. Also the pads seems aftermarket, and the rotors are slotted all the way around. All of it combined explains why the car stops so well.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Sold it on BaT today. The new owner should be flying in next week to pick it up.

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    What's next?
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '10 VW Touareg TDI [Tow Rig and DD]
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '95 Audi 90QS (1.8T swap) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)
    '01 Ducati ST4

Looking at e92 BMW M3s. Mainly looking to get back into German cars, but I want to try a brand that I haven't had yet. That means BMW or Mercedes.

Normal Member ExplosiveToaster will become famous soon enough ExplosiveToaster's Avatar
    Whichever way you go, pick a model that doesn't have a lot of NLA parts

Actually if you're looking at E92s, why not a 335is? That engine is crazy tunable.
    Last edited by ExplosiveToaster; 2016.11.09 at 22:22 PM.
    - Mike | My Photos | '16 VW Golf R | '87 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16

I've been wanting a v8 for a good while now. So, whatever I pick up next needs to have one.

The Beat left today, the new owner is driving it all the way back to Albuquerque, NM.

Crazy..
    Mind linking to the BaT page?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Crazy..
    Mind linking to the BaT page?
    http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-honda-beat-4/

+ Reply to Thread