monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drones, UAS, Quadcopter, RC flying machines, UFOs

Drones, UAS, Quadcopter, RC flying machines, UFOs

I know the list of people on here that have flying toys is growing. I'm on my 4th year of flying, and my 2nd year of doing it professionally. I'd love to chat with the Fahrenfolk about their drone adventures.

I currently have two DJI Inspires, one with an X5, and one with a X3. The X5 rig is getting repaired from the low battery RTH gone wrong. I also have a Blade Glimpse and a Blade 120SR, as well as a couple little Cheerson CX's for indoor play.

Here's a 360 pano shot with my Inspire X5 setup.
    https://www.skypixel.com/photos/cc42...f-69b4552a03b5

My Inspire X3 rig over Trillium Lake.

And my 2015 Reel:
    https://vimeo.com/151876742

I hope to pick up a FPV racing rig one of these days, but too much money is tied up in remodeling my studio, and in work drones.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

The racing that people are doing is pretty awesome.

I just have a couple of eachine h8 minis and a couple Estes Proto X nanos. They're good for flying in the office at work
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

What's Chris flying these days? Does he still frequent this site?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

He hasn't been here for a while
    I'll ping him on Facebook
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Oh hai! I still have my P2. I built a 250 racer. I have a couple of eachine h8s and one has an fpv setup on it. just picked up an axial scx10 truck too. waiting on my 1500mW vtx so I can build a mountable fpv unit with a action cam to put on whatever I like. this shit is pretty crazy.. sorry. FB tends to drag me away.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    250 racer
    Ahhh crap. Now I'm looking at this stuff

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Lol! be ready, its crazy fast.

Any info on what you used for your build?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I've just got an H8 Mini, but it's so twitchy, looking at other small quads to help learn on, maybe something a little slower to fly around inside.
    -Tyler-

yeah.. I'm not sure what you'd find that's less "twitchy". The Estes Proto-X Nano I have.. I used to think it was fairly easy to fly once I got used to it. Now I think the Eachine H8 Mini is easier to fly. Maybe I've just gotten used to it though.

this is twitchy

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    holy crap
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Any info on what you used for your build?
    zmr 250 frame
    mini mwc multiwii fc with built in receiver
    DYS 1806 2300kv motors
    gemfan 5030 props (and a set of carbon fibre ones that scare me so Ive not used them)
    afro 12a escs

I think thats all for the build

then I got the skyzone 3d fpv setup to go with it

thanks
    I blame you if I spend hundreds on this

Haha!! This has seemingly started to become an issue ever since I got the P2.... my 1.5w vtx showed up today so tonights project is to build a mountable/portable gopro/vxt station that I can put on anything.. Range will be epic. Keep in mind, this power is for those with licenses only

this is twitchy
    http://vimeo.com/86291282
    that's got to be a 3D Heli person who made the switch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5FqYiZb_5s
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

zmr 250 frame
    mini mwc multiwii fc with built in receiver
    DYS 1806 2300kv motors
    gemfan 5030 props (and a set of carbon fibre ones that scare me so Ive not used them)
    afro 12a escs

I think thats all for the build

then I got the skyzone 3d fpv setup to go with it
    Any videos of that thing in action?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

well crap, a quick add up of parts I'm looking at comes to about $400, but at least it should be below 500g with everything on it

this is going to cost me more than I thought.. must find ways to keep the wife from being alarmed

Tell her that you need to get a camera up in the air and this is the first step.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I could care less about having a camera up in their air
    And she knows I don't spend money on photography stuff any more.

I just want to fly fast

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Any videos of that thing in action?
    No, I keep forgetting to turn the camera on. Ive not flown it much. Its pretty unstable by comparison with the p2. I also cant really fly it at home because its really fast and covers lots of ground in a short matter of time.

well crap, a quick add up of parts I'm looking at comes to about $400, but at least it should be below 500g with everything on it
    Where are you shopping?

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Tell her that you need to get a camera up in the air and this is the first step.
    This!

Where are you shopping?
    All over... I've been doing a lot of research. Most of my orders end up being from banggood and hobbyking, but a couple are from smaller sites. So far.. shipping has been fast. I'll have my first orders by Tuesday or Wednesday, then I need to get some electrical bits, the pdb, and video related parts.

well you are shopping in the right places! whats your build sheet look like?

+ Reply to Thread