monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 51 81 91 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2621

Thread: Rants and Venting

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by benny_mech View Post
    Dear South Everett, it's not me, it's you...

http://myeverettnews.com/2015/07/03/...bell-shooting/

Time to move my family out of this shithole.
    Oh, look, this time it's 0.7 miles from my house:

http://myeverettnews.com/2015/08/25/...-neighborhood/

and this:

http://myeverettnews.com/2015/08/26/...-everett-fire/

1.1 miles from my house.

I've lived here for a decade, and never had trouble. Now it's a shitstorm! I'm thinking twice about letting my kids ride their bikes in the driveway.
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

Quote: Originally Posted by bingthejew View Post
    It was a $1200 job cause it's mostly labor, and it was timing belt, waterpump, seals, and pulleys that got replaced. I'm trying figure out how to get the Passat back on the road without selling my Rabbit.
    timing belt on the sportwagen tdi was around $1100, iirc. Thankfully it doesn't need to be done except every 100k miles or so.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by benny_mech View Post
    Oh, look, this time it's 0.7 miles from my house:

http://myeverettnews.com/2015/08/25/...-neighborhood/

and this:

http://myeverettnews.com/2015/08/26/...-everett-fire/

1.1 miles from my house.

I've lived here for a decade, and never had trouble. Now it's a shitstorm! I'm thinking twice about letting my kids ride their bikes in the driveway.
    Crazy. I was just back in Indianapolis (grew up in a suburb of it) for a wedding and the crime there has been crazy the last two years. There were 5 shootings in 10 hours the first night I got there.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

On a positive note, I got word last week while on vacation that Redmond Police arrested the guy that robbed our house and got some of our stuff back. He apparently robbed a house and stole a car a few days before my place, then used that car at my house without changing plates. The day after my house, he was robbing a house in Beaux Arts Village (ritzy town near Bellevue) when the owner came home and they ran. Police helicopter and dog team found them hiding in a neighbors backyard and the stolen car around the corner. Had all my gf's jewelry and everything of mine except my two laptops and safe with documents. Since I had already settled for most of the stuff with insurance the police are handing over most of it. I got to verify everything, wipe the tablets, and get my memory cards back today along with the jewelry. Glad justice was served! Maybe someday they'll find my other stuff, perhaps they dropped that stuff off at a storage unit or house or something. Not sure why they kept everything else in the car.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

hope the documents are recovered some how..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Wow, what an idiot. Was looking through the memory card from my camera and the idiot took a video while riding the bus 4 hours after robbing my house. Video is blurry because it was a manual focus fisheye, but the commentary is funny. I'll have to upload it.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-

And I figured out his name, which led me to this video from him robbing a Newcastle home in early 2014: http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/home...burglar/ndJZ7/
    He's been arrested 3 times this year, at least once last year, and in Whatcom county in 2009 from what I can find. All for burglary/theft. So I doubt he'll change his habits when he gets released again.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-

I place my order for a new Mac Pro. It says it ships in 1-2 days, and you can get next day shipping for extra. I have several projects I need to wrap up asap, so I opt for the next day shipping. 10 days later, and my computer still hasn't shipped. FWP.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Quote: Originally Posted by alxdgr8 View Post
    And I figured out his name, which led me to this video from him robbing a Newcastle home in early 2014: http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/home...burglar/ndJZ7/
    He's been arrested 3 times this year, at least once last year, and in Whatcom county in 2009 from what I can find. All for burglary/theft. So I doubt he'll change his habits when he gets released again.
    Unlawful possession of a firearm

Great guy

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Unlawful possession of a firearm

Great guy
    I paid $10 for his background check. He's been arrested 24 times in the last 7 years in WA...definitely not learning his lesson!
    -Alex @vexartmedia-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Wow, that's crazy... glad to see he's able to be a repeat offender

I've been looking into security systems as of late; this just adds to the case of getting one.

ION, my return flight is not 'authorized' by my Unit... apparently they don't want me to come home as much as they wanted me to come to the school... I love paying out of pocket for business travel. I can't wait to see what doesn't happen to change this for future travel for other SMs... Come Tuesday, I'll be talking face to face with Command about it.
    Last edited by girdwood; 2015.08.28 at 17:41 PM.

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    I paid $10 for his background check. He's been arrested 24 times in the last 7 years in WA...definitely not learning his lesson!
    WA state is #1 in the country for property crimes, yet we don't supervise those offenders after they leave prison. It kills me that the most common crime, which is usually in connection with drugs (offenses we do supervise), isn't addressed better. I have people on my caseload being supervised for felony DUI, DUI assault, identity theft (which is the same as property crime in my book), and possession of marijuana... How in the hell are those things a bigger public concern than property crime?

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that community supervision fixes everyone, or even half, but it at least slows most people down. During this last WA budget crisis, there was a bill on the table to add property crimes to community supervision, and it barely failed to pass. It would have given us more officers and reduced our workloads a bit. Right now, I supervise about 62 DOC offenders. In Grays Harbor I had 37. Let me tell you how low the quality of service is with a caseload of 61... It's horrible. I have to focus on the ones classified as the worst, while the lower classified people run around doing meth and getting away with (essentially) murder.
    Last edited by VDubVirus; 2015.10.22 at 09:38 AM.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    I've been dealing with new back pain since Thursday. All of my previous back injuries have been in my lower lumbar around where I fractured my L3, L4, and L5. Thursday morning I woke up with terrible back pain in between my shoulder blades up to the base of my neck. I just figured I pulled a muscle while out archery hunting for deer and bear. Fast forward to shooting pain from my back to my arms. Ended up leaving work early, spending four hours in the ER to be told have either a compressed disc, a slipped disc, or a bulged disc, somewhere between my shoulder blades and the base of my neck.

Where I get pissed is the ER doctor told that because it wasn't life threatening, they didn't see the reason to MRI or CT scan my upper back to confirm which disc it was, or how bad. Even despite having previous spinal injuries and a slipped disc in my lower lumbar. Nope, doc said "take it easy a few days, here's a script for more pain meds. Oh, and if the pain continues, come back to the ER." Thank you modern medicine and lazy doctors! I wonder what the ****ing co-pay will be for the ER visit and the X-rays...
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

The I-405 Toll Lanes have completely pissed me off! I refuse to buy their stupid ****ing Good to Go bullshit pass. My wife has one and their goddamn website is so broken she can't even sign up for the account. Not to mention the motorcyclists who are exempt from the toll by federal law because their shitty cameras can't read their shitty stickers so they get charged the $2.75 toll anyways, oh yeah, and it's somehow impossible to determine that it's a motorcycle plate.... Yeah, that takes a half an hour waiting on hold to sort that out. Not to mention that 75% of the revenue from this system goes to the company that installed and maintains this shit. That's right, WSDOT gets a quarter for every dollar of toll money. Guess they're going to use that money to pay for their other incompetent ****ups? http://www.king5.com/story/news/traf...lion/73588746/ **** this state, I want out!

Bonus: another Everett Mariner High School student murdered. http://www.king5.com/story/news/loca...lled/73565128/
    — C.G. Jung

Uggg...after 300 miles of trouble free driving in the Coupe one of the rear drums started dragging yesterday. Pulled it off and the wheel cylinder is leaking. Thankfully I can get most of the parts today from NAPA, but nobody has the right drums (4x108mm), everyone has the 4x100 ones which only came on the early cars and are the same as VW. But all the parts stores list them as fitting the later cars. Drums are still in tolerance so I'll just have to reuse them. Gotta fix it tonight since I have an alignment scheduled tomorrow morning.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Having to go through clearance paperwork to get my security clearance reinstated for work. Holy damn, I can't leave any stone unturned. I forgot how in-depth a security investigation could be.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I have no freaking clue how my coworker has ever made it this far in life. He is sloppy and uncaring in everything I can see. Appearance, code quality, grammar, spelling, language. Just, ugh. Oh, he chews with his mouth open, at his desk
    -Tyler-

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Officially ****ing burnt out on OT! At the end of the day I will be at 100 hours since September 1st, I hurt everywhere.
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2015.11.06 at 11:02 AM.

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    ^ I kind of feel like this, this week. Worked about 14 hours of OT, since Tuesday.

Long story short... Don't become an IV meth user. It'll ruin your life. On the bright side, I got to spend a whole day with our Community Responce Unit. My 5-year plan is looking brighter (should I stay with DOC).

l Arron lSPACE

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    I used to work 20-30 hours of OT every week. Last stint I did was around 3 months of it. I don't miss those days.

I'm seriously pissed, upset and depressed about genetic diseases and they're outcome. We just found out a few days ago this will be our German Shepherd's last Thanksgiving. Apparently, besides being prone to hip dysplasia and skin allergies, GSDs with very good bloodlines are also predisposed towards chronic kidney failure. So ****ing pissed my Katja is dying and be going to dog heaven next visit to the vet. ****ing ****

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    ****ing scammers on vortex!

Haven't been on Vortex in years. Don't miss it.
    — C.G. Jung

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    While I was gone in August, my foreman got laid off. They had a replacement when I got back. I've been with him the past 3 of 4 jobs and I'm ready to shove a screwdriver into his trachea. This new job is out of my Local's jurisdiction so I thought that might be a way out. I called the training director asking for help and she pretty much told me to pack sand. So I called the big boss man at my work and told him I'm about to stop showing up unless he puts me under a different foreman. He said I was slotted for a different job but got pushed right and he'll put me with someone else once this one is done (I've never had so much motivation to work harder and faster). At least my contractor is willing to work with me... This Union is a joke. Apparently because my foreman gives me high praise on my reviews there's not a problem... Ok, thanks. And since there is a lot of work and they need apprentices, they can send us wherever they want. Apparently they don't know how to negotiate, it's never been this much in our favor and our last contract negotiation earlier this year was pathetic. When the work is good, we should have the pick...we shouldn't have to go out of the ****ing jurisdiction to work. I'm looking forward to getting my 01 card and walking away. I love the origin on the Union and some of its history, but it's filled with spineless douchebags now.

BAH! Got all setup to practice some welding. Barely got a couple pieces of steel tacked together, and my spool runs out. FML. Guess I'm running to Home Depot after the Crew stomp Portscum in the MLS Cup.

l Arron lSPACE

+ Reply to Thread