Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 105 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 21 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Rants and Venting

Normal Member curtnutss is on a distinguished road

Rants and Venting

NSFW ... For future language or content.

So you know when you have a bad day, or something is just ticking you off !

Rant or Vent here ! And maybe get feed back ...

Anyways Here's mine from today:

I was called to a job, I am boat waxer... I buff and compound boats
    this job was started two days before I was called in. The guy that originally started the job is a sluff, slacker, lazy, pot head, drunk , should have been fired a long time ago !!!
    this boat should have been completed in two days max, but surprisingly not more than what I could do in one hour was completed when I showed up after he'd already been there for 2 days...!

He dropped a buffer in the water, and ripped an extension cord in half...
    He called the boss and asked for help, then the boss called me, I went hesitantly, thinking 'i don't want to do this' but I went anyways.....

So we show up on site, I start working....the guy says 'oh, i gotta go to the bathroom', so he leaves, comes back, shuffles around the boat for a few minutes, then goes back to his car for supplies, then back to the boat, then back to the car, then finally comes back to the boat and suggests we should take lunch.... I say ok, let me just finish this section, and then we went to lunch.

We come back, to get back to work.... he then jumps in the water and starts swimming (which is usually acceptable for us to swim during work, as long as work is also getting done).... some time goes by, I'm still working, he's just doing this and that, looking busy, then he says we should go home. I thought to myself "Are you kidding me? This boat needs to get done".... keeping in mind, that this is not my boat, i'm merely here to help him on his assignment, I say, okay lets go, and we went home.

We made plans to get there the next day bright and early so we can get the boat done.

So I woke up early in the morning, went to pick him up at his house, cause he lost the keys to his car. When I get there, he tells me he doesn't want to go today and that I should go do half today and he will go tomorrow and do the other half.
    So I say whatever, drop him back off at his house, and head out to the boat.

I arrive at the boat at 9am. Work until 2pm, when I go to take a lunch, I've completed a hefty amount of the boat, it's half way done at this point. When I return from lunch, the customer is angry, he has guests on his dock partying while my work tools are still out on the dock as I had planned to come back and keep working. I think to myself "How am I going to get any work done with all of these people here partying"? So I finish the section I am working on, pick up my tools, and decide to go home and come back tomorrow morning when I have room to work.

When I am in my car getting ready to drive away, the customer comes out and starts yelling at me, demanding to know why the boat is not done, and why I haven't been here working on it. I ask him to please quit yelling at me and we can speak about this rationally. The he continues to yell, so I gave him my bosses phone number, got in my car and drove off.

A half hour or so later I get a call from my boss, I explain the situation, he explained how he felt about it and said I will have to go back and finish the boat the next day.

I understand why the customer is angry, but from my point of view, I had to cover work for my slacker co-worker, get yelled at by a customer, and it's hot out and I got a sun burn! And this isn't even my boat, I was just helping out someone else!

CLIFFS:
    I helped the lazy guy at work
    He bailed
    I got yelled at by the customer
    sunburn
    ruined my day
    have to go back and finish lazy guys work tomorrow

Anyone else got anything they need to rant or vent about?
    Last edited by curtnutss; 2010.07.26 at 18:22 PM.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Use sunscreen

I have things to bitch about, but i think Joel would not appreciate me taking over this whole forum Sucks to hear that you are working with a slacker. I hate that shit.

Regular Member DowNnOutDubin is on a distinguished road DowNnOutDubin's Avatar
    Theytuckuurh'djhhurbs!!!!!!!
    Last edited by DowNnOutDubin; 2010.07.27 at 02:52 AM.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Well since you asked...hehe

I get a phone call last night at around 10pm from a neighbor. She tells me that there is a 4x convicted level 3 sexual predator that has been sighted in the neighborhood behind mine. So I then have to call another neighbor to let them know and she wanted to know all of the details and I guess has never heard of the internet. I look him up and all 4 of his victims were boys between the age of 6 and 10. She was super surprised that I could find all of this on the internet. I told her ma'am you'd be surprised what people can find out about anyone online.

So great, now I have to give the kids the talk again about not talking to strangers or people that have made bad choices in their lives. Sucks having to tell them because it kind of takes a bit of their innocence away having to worry about douche bags like that!

If I see this Mother F'er anywhere in my neighborhood I will not hesitate to tell him to get the F out!

Its kind of scary to see how many sexual predators there are near you! Go to your country or city website and check it out!

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Well since you asked...hehe

Its kind of scary to see how many sexual predators there are near you! Go to your country or city website and check it out!
    I wanna know but don't. And this just seemed appropriate.

Normal Member Chris will become famous soon enough
    mine is lame. but pissed me off.

We went camping with some friends this weekend at first beach in La Push. They kept pulling over to keep everybody together, which is fine, but i'm playing follow the leader with people who don't know where the eff they're going!!. Everywhere we went or wanted to stop at, they seemed to always get lost or miss the turn. Now people that know me pretty well know how good i am with directions and know that i always seem to know where im going and i know how to get anywhere. It only pissed me off because i knew where to go every time, but i followed anyway...

HA HA , chris !

unimogken , get your kids self defense or something.

Rabbit 16v,this is not taking over it's just one thread in a growing forum.

Oh yeah, the slacker got fired and got the boat finished ! Woot Woot !!!
    Last edited by curtnutss; 2010.07.27 at 18:48 PM.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Glad to hear the slacker got fired!

Oh and about me bitching? I have a vast amount of things to bitch about...

Oh I see, I think I misunderstood .

I like the thread.. just make sure to respect the nature of the rules here and avoid things like racial slurs and other 'hate speech', don't go beyond 'Rated R' sort of content, etc.

I removed the 'NSFW' text from the thread title and added the "NFSW" thread prefix built into the forum
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

my rant today is two simple statements:

-if it's going to be 90 degrees it should be sunny out (not overcast or raining (unless there are thunderstorms... those can be kind of cool))

-conversely, if it's going to be below freezing, it should be snowing at least some of the time. What's the point of 20 degree (or colder) weather if it never freakin' snows!
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

lol yeah... i hate that too

and why couldnt someone have invented form fit earbud headphones like 15 years ago!!

my freakin' parents....

apparently one of our cats, which we've had for 15+ years, died tonight. I haven't heard a thing from them. Some how my sister found out and I learned through her on facebook, of all places. She says that neither of my brothers had been told yet either.

What's worse, is that I'm now going to have to ask them why they didn't contact any of us.. and then I'll need to argue with them and convince them that they should have contacted us. It's like when I found out my dad was in the hospital overnight over a week afterward.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Alright neighbors.... its July 30th ....... NOT July 4th!

Do you really need to have a 15 minute fireworks show once a week fri/sat? I'm sick of your mortars with report waking up the whole house!

Save them for New Years!

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Alright neighbors.... its July 30th ....... NOT July 4th!

Do you really need to have a 15 minute fireworks show once a week fri/sat? I'm sick of your mortars with report waking up the whole house!

Save them for New Years!
    One of my neighbors has been doing a show every night since the fourth it is f***ing driving me nuts!

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    my freakin' parents....

apparently one of our cats, which we've had for 15+ years, died tonight. I haven't heard a thing from them. Some how my sister found out and I learned through her on facebook, of all places. She says that neither of my brothers had been told yet either.

What's worse, is that I'm now going to have to ask them why they didn't contact any of us.. and then I'll need to argue with them and convince them that they should have contacted us. It's like when I found out my dad was in the hospital overnight over a week afterward.
    Sorry to hear about the cat! About 4 years ago my stepfather(way more of a dad to me than my real dad) had been in the hospital for a week before my mom called and told anyone. And only reason she called is because he had a major heart attack! Luckly after a long stay in the hospital we had another year with him till he passed away in his sleep 2 years ago. I really miss being able to talk to him so does everybody else.

sucks man... I know how that goes.

my parents are horrible with communication like that. I've had to drill it into my mom for her to tell me when either of them are hurt, end up in the hospital, etc. I've had to ask her to do the same for my grandma as well. The last thing I want to have happen is for any of them to get seriously hurt and I don't know about it for days... or longer.

My phone's screen broke today

i blame curtis lol

what did I do ?

I'll punch you !

My roommate has started to leave dryer sheets in the dryer... I have been missing that they're in there. I've tossed all of my microfiber into the dryer a few times now only to pull them out nice & dry with fabric softener sheets attached. I found two sheets in there this morning! Time to rewash all of my microfiber again

I am a detailer so I know how fabric softener messes them up !

I just rewashed and then rinsed twice... hopefully that's enough. This is the third time this has happened... first was at my parents' place. I'm just so used to not having the softener sheets around that I forget people tend to use them

A cap of simple green works !

Quote: Originally Posted by curtnutss View Post
    A cap of simple green works !
    griot's makes a microfiber cleaner that releases a lot of chemicals and other crap from microfiber.. gets polish & wax off pretty well

+ Reply to Thread