Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 30 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Rants and Venting

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    The Army... walked to the chow hall at 1700 (when it opens for dinner) and it's closed... no sign on the door, no reason why, just closed. So I walk to the store to pick something up for dinner, and it closes at 1700 now, instead of the 2000 normally. I hate this place.

Quote: Originally Posted by girdwood View Post
    The Army... walked to the chow hall at 1700 (when it opens for dinner) and it's closed... no sign on the door, no reason why, just closed. So I walk to the store to pick something up for dinner, and it closes at 1700 now, instead of the 2000 normally. I hate this place.
    where are you living right now? .. can't remember
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Quote: Originally Posted by gti_guy View Post
    Today, this jerk decides to come down my gravel driveway and turn around. Then, proceeds to gun it, and spin out and spray my car with said gravel. Better yet, he decides to do this while I'm standing twenty feet away. I know I drive a MK3 and it already has dents and dings, but come on. Worse part is when I called the cops and told them, I couldn't see the license plate so the only description i could give was a late nineties blue honda civic, not the most conspicuous car in the world. I hate people.
    wow.. wtf
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    where are you living right now? .. can't remember
    JBER, outside of Anchorage. It was -4* while I was on this nature walk looking for food.

JBER, outside of Anchorage. It was -4* while I was on this nature walk looking for food.
    so how-tf did you get stuck in AK?

Luck of the draw.. pissed off the wrong guy.. not sure. I just know I'll be out of here in March, and never coming back.

Luck of the draw.. pissed off the wrong guy.. not sure. I just know I'll be out of here in March, and never coming back.
    figures...
    I figure Alaska has to be one of the least desirable locations for most people

wow.. wtf
    Yeah. I seriously don't know what would possess someone to do that. People need to be more careful.

figures...
    I figure Alaska has to be one of the least desirable locations for most people
    Surprisingly, it's one of the most requested. A lot of people love it up here, and most re-enlist to stay longer (one of the platoon SGTs in my Company has been here for 11yrs, my 1SG has been here for 6, and this is his 2nd time here, etc.). And it's kind of forgotten about, a lot of people get stuck here and can't leave, luckily me and a couple buddies were able to swing it.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    F U Verizon/Frontier or whoever has fiber optics hanging on the side of my house!

I'm surprised I even have internet right now.......if it gets a couple degrees colder it will go out!
    When I called tech support they're blaming it on my house wiring! WTF?
    Its your shoddy equipment that can't handle the cold! Do I need to put heating pads on your junk? Grrrrrrrr!!!!

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    hmm heating pads on their junk eh?

it's been stable for me. I wouldn't be able to work if it weren't for my Internet working at night..

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    The crap just went down again so I called Tech Support and he said yeah I see that you've called a bunch of times so i'm just going to send you out a new router next day air!

My internet only lasts 10 minutes at a time after resetting it each time! Argh!

ouch

I hate that banks open so late. I need to pay my rent.. and I need to sleep. To pay my rent I have to deposit a check at the bank at the bottom of the hill.. but they don't open until 10. I'm freakin' exhausted

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Yeah, banks open late and close early. Why, I have no idea. Frustrating to no end for sure.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

yah.. makes it really tough when you work a normal shift during the week.

Regular Member DowNnOutDubin is on a distinguished road DowNnOutDubin's Avatar
    yah.. makes it really tough when you work a normal shift during the week.
    It's always hard for me as well.. I don't sleep until 6-7am, since I get off work around 1am. Good thing I haven't needed to step in a bank for quite awhile though

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Control arm bolts are the devil.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Agreed. Although, O know a trick that makes it easier. I assume you are talking about an Audi and the upper pinch bolt for the balljoints?

I believe so. Having Stern upper control arms installed along with new tires and an alignment and they are having a hell of a time with them. Grabbed one new bolt, but getting the old ones out are slowing things down a bit.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Working on having Stern Adjustable control arms installed and get an alignment. Control arm bolts rusted all to hell. Picked up a new control arm bolt the other day. They can't get the old bolts out. Hopped in the Vanagon to go get another bolt from the dealer and drop it off at the shop. Stop to put some gas in the tank. Van won't start. Get a jump, person leaves. Van dies and won't start. Wait around for a ride and finally get back home no closer to having the Audi back on the road. God I need a beer.

This is all over the course of the last few days. I wish this week never happened.

- Jorge Luis Borges

If the shop has a blunt nose bit for an air hammer and someone with good air hammer skills, it helps to rattle on the part in the middle of the upright where the bolt gets stuck while applying pressure on the bolt (twisting) and a bit of heat. Works every time, even on East coast cars

They managed to cut off each end of one of the bolts but the middle is still stuck in there. I'm just waiting for the next kick in the balls.

- Jorge Luis Borges

that sucks man. it really does.. so now its drill out the remaining and make sure that it is true and centered or you get the oblong hole.. ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu!

+ Reply to Thread