Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 32 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Rants and Venting

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Americun gov't... nough sayd?

Ad and Add. Ok you illiterate mother ****ers! Ad, is short for Advertisement. And add is what you are too stupid to do if you don't know the difference between the two.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Normal Member Kaie is on a distinguished road Kaie's Avatar
    unsalted butter.
    Where the **** is my ignition spray? - Ricky

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    Ex-wives that use a 5 year old as their "poker chip" to get what they want. Then tell you that you're the horrible person pushing her around.

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Happiness is coming out to your car and discovering that you are the proud owner of a small pond in the passenger foot well.

Seems like everything was working fine, except the windows won't roll down without me holding the button down the whole time. I wonder if this is something I should let insurance deal with? Who knows what other issues (especially electrical) will pop up. I heard there was something about a class action relating to this problem?
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Those pesky sunroof drains!

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    No kidding! I guess the universe decided to kick me in the nuts when I'm already down.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Have you changed your cabin filter lately?
    Too late for the lawsuit.

No. I should have though. I guess I'll call State Farm ad see if they'll cover this sort of thing. I know I couldn't possibly clean this up myself (to my satisfaction). Both front and rear passenger side foot wells are wet. I didn't test out the front passenger seat to see if it still worked, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

- Jorge Luis Borges

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Dude. that should be a technical post. I have a pretty good idea as to what the problem is and the cure, but, alas, I am a dick so I shant tell you unless you make a technical post...

What if the technical problem is pissing me off? Does that count as a rant?

- Jorge Luis Borges

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Yup! Rant away!

Good! I guess my having a cold isn't enough. The universe decided to add clogged drains too! I wonder when the next kick in the balls will happen?

- Jorge Luis Borges

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    Happiness is coming out to your car and discovering that you are the proud owner of a small pond in the passenger foot well.

Seems like everything was working fine, except the windows won't roll down without me holding the button down the whole time. I wonder if this is something I should let insurance deal with? Who knows what other issues (especially electrical) will pop up. I heard there was something about a class action relating to this problem?
    mine is always wet when its rainy too. I assume its an issue inside the rain tray where the cabin air intake is.

My ****ing trunk is always wet too. i cant figure out what that would be. I mean.. the rubber weather strips are brandnew looking. No cracks or anything.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaie View Post
    My ****ing trunk is always wet too. i cant figure out what that would be. I mean.. the rubber weather strips are brandnew looking. No cracks or anything.
    Could be the taillight seals too.

I tried cleaning everything out, but I didn't seem to find enough crap that could be blocking anything up enough to leak.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Could be the taillight seals too.

I tried cleaning everything out, but I didn't seem to find enough crap that could be blocking anything up enough to leak.
    Did you look for cracks under the raintray?

I didn't see anything when I looked. Of course I didn't have much light to work with either. My kick ass shop light was buried under a mountain of crap so I couldn't get to it.

- Jorge Luis Borges

what kind of car is this?

Where was the sunroof drain? Ive been told that could be my problem as well.. Ive never looked for it though ive never noticed it either.

Rant: Why the frick don't businesses put their fricking "OPEN" sign on a fricking timer so its not on 24/7!
    While driving around at night I see soo many businesses that have them on. Kinda makes them look stupid!

Timers are less than $4 at Home Depot!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaie View Post
    what kind of car is this?

Where was the sunroof drain? Ive been told that could be my problem as well.. Ive never looked for it though ive never noticed it either.
    2004 A6. I see the drains in the front door jams, but the water was getting in up front by the cabin filter (it was soaking wet). After spending some time on Google, I still really don't know the best way to deal with crappy sunroof drains. Especially the front drains.

- Jorge Luis Borges

i looked on my passenger side jamb. I found a rubber 'nipple' which is clogged with nasty nasty nasty dirt. So i need to clean it up. What i fail to understand is how that bring clogged reroutes the water into the passenger side floor

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Rant: Why the frick don't businesses put their fricking "OPEN" sign on a fricking timer so its not on 24/7!
    While driving around at night I see soo many businesses that have them on. Kinda makes them look stupid!
    haha.. I've seen this too. I've also seen just normal open/closed signs flipped over so that 'open' is showing even when a place is obviously closed. .. very annoying
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

2004 A6. I see the drains in the front door jams, but the water was getting in up front by the cabin filter (it was soaking wet). After spending some time on Google, I still really don't know the best way to deal with crappy sunroof drains. Especially the front drains.
    if it's the carpet that was soaking wet, with no trace of water up behind the dash, I would assume it's just water settling from wherever the leak is occurring
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

I haven't sen my wallet in like three days. I seriously have no idea where the eff it is. I always lose that thing and it's starting to get REALLY frustrating.
    Last edited by rainierfuller; 2011.01.24 at 14:34 PM.

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    if it's the carpet that was soaking wet, with no trace of water up behind the dash, I would assume it's just water settling from wherever the leak is occurring
    Yeah, and there doesn't seem to be any side effects, everything seems to be working fine so far. the last day or two has been dry, but being that it is raining again today I went to see if my attempt to clean the crap from around the cabin filter worked, but it didn't.

- Jorge Luis Borges

+ Reply to Thread