Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 35 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Rants and Venting

Normal Member Kaie is on a distinguished road Kaie's Avatar
    Your reply should've been 'If your VW's check engine light DOESN'T come on then there is an issue'
    Where the **** is my ignition spray? - Ricky

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    The problem with that is 'Why didnt you notice it wasnt coming on?'

Normal Member FBMKlll is on a distinguished road FBMKlll's Avatar
    K so this is totaly off topic of what is being talked about, but i have to rant... So me and my wife just moved to a new place, now keep in mind i just wanted out didnt really care to much what the place looked like as long as we can afford it so that being said i never seen this place till last night when we went to sign papers... Now the only cars we have right now is my passat, she went and looked at the place with her mom she drives a newer dodge durango, i go to pull into to parking lot my front lip scrapes normal.. i come to the first speed bump i lay frame on it...not mormal and im a little mad, next one eh was ok. sign papers go to look at the place another speed bump i drove through the split nothing ok.. next one thought i was stuck..... and this is where im going to be living.. now i know a lot of this is my fault but damn it sucks!!!!

i hate speed bumps.. my shit isnt even lowered and i hate them.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    In my neighborhood people actually speed up for them.

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Speed bumps are indeed the devil.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

Normal Member FBMKlll is on a distinguished road FBMKlll's Avatar
    Yes they are so i went from 14in bottle caps to some 17in no name wheels kinda look like rota grids in a way but found for cheap with good tires and they look pretty good on the car so it works for now! i think the funny thing is i put the 17's on and didnt have to adjust the h&r's lol

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    People or companies that hold onto websites and say that they're available and they'll give you a quote.
    I submitted for a quote on a website and they sent me a reply that they'd sell it to me for $7506!
    I replied with ........ "HAHAHAHAHAHA are you f*cking serious!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHA"

you're looking for domains?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    WSDOT. Millions invested in 'smart highways'. Result? worse traffic. On my way home tonight, I find the billboard on I-5 in Everett NB illuminated with the statement 'Its the law! Flashing light mean slow down and move to the right'. Needless to say, there were no flashing lights, but everyone slowed down to 20MPH below the speed limit and created a backup to Everett Mall. WTF?? If you are going to copy Europe, you have to copy ALL of it. They do not have large quantities of police on the road pulling people over for taillights out and speeding!

I was bored doing some researching and surfing around and thought i'd check up on a domain name.
    Some company named buydomains.com is holding onto it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    WSDOT. Millions invested in 'smart highways'. Result? worse traffic.
    Anything that distracts Washington drivers makes traffic worse!
    Anything from the traffic signs to the bozo's on the bridge pimpin the bible.
    We have the worst drivers in WA!!!!!

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    you're looking for domains?
    Everyone must be master of their domain.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    Everyone must be master of their domain.
    I have something like 14 domains myself
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

I picked my girlfriend up from the airport late last night. On the way home on i-5 we hit 128th and it was blocked by police. About 1/8th of a mile there was a reader board that said 'EXPECT DELAYS ROLLING SLOWDOWNS'. Not even a 1/4 of a mile after that sign two WSP cars & a couple of cube vans swoop out 5 cars ahead of me with lights flashing slowing everyone down. We drove about 5mph for about 10 minutes until we got off on the 112th carpool exit.

Obviously most people couldn't get off since they probably only had one person in the car.

Any ways we kept driving north via surface streets checking out the free way and entrances at various points. EVERY exit and entrance and exit was closed.

Shit was crazy... to make matters more crazy... i talked to a guy today that got stuck at one of the blocked entrances. He said once that huge pile of traffic caught up they unblocked the entrance and let everyone joing to the 5-10mph traffic. But every exit they went by was closed..

What the hell is that about? Intentionally creating traffic late at night?

i feel lucky the carpool exit wasn't blocked... we would've been on the freeway for hours.

they usually do rolling slowdowns for investigation or construction purposes. They have their reasons

When i called WSP they wouldn't tell me why. I think they were doing it S. Bound too because it was empty as well.

The part that really got me was blocking exits.. Why not let people get off.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Why don't people read wtb threads before they respond to them! I can not even count the amount of people that have responed to my wtb thread in the mkii classifieds on vortex and have not had the right part that I am looking for. Then they argue with me and tell me I don't know I am talking about when I nicely tell them that it is not what I am looking for! I even posted a picture of the correct part!

yeah.. wtb threads are usually either ignored, or misread

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    yeah.. wtb threads are usually either ignored, or misread
    Even worse I actually had two people respond with the right part and I said I will take it and they disappeared

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    software vendors who say 'android app', but it is really a web client
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    I was bored doing some researching and surfing around and thought i'd check up on a domain name.
    Some company named buydomains.com is holding onto it.
    I just bought falsleyadvertised.com. It'll be a site where people can post up things that aren't as advertised.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    dude, that has potential to be awesome. I'm seeing something 'people of walmart' or 'regretsy' like.
    -Tyler-

Customer brings car in for oil warning light on (b5.5 1.8t)
    Says the warning light only comes on when driving down the freeway. We tell him that we would prefer NOT to duplicate the symptom and advise for an oil pressure check with a gauge. Customer says ok. We check it and its good (shocking, I know). NExt step as per the TSB for his car relating to EXACTLY what he is describing involves checking the cam bearing caps for galling/scoring. Customer says ok. Checked the cam bearing caps and advise customer that we are now comfortable driving the car on the freeway to duplicate the symptom. Customer calls the dealer and SOMEHOW gets it in his mind that the dealer told him that it is only $125 to tell him what the problem is. Yup, the dealer apparently can diagnose in one hour EXACTLY what his problem is. We call the dealer he called to verify his statement. Dealer then tells us that its $125 MINIMUM and they plan to pull the oil pan first. Apparently checking for proper oil pressure is not something they do first... they do the hardest thing first. They said that if there wasnt sludge in the oil pan that the next step is to check oil pressure..

Customer shows up today and says that he is now NOT going to pay for the diag time because we didnt find the problem. He also states that if we dont give him $200 off of his bill that he is going to call the BBB and write negative reviews all over. I was so pissed that I almost told him to get the fook out of my shop and he better come back with the cops and enough money to cover the bill that he approved..

Today was a shitty day. Ended up giving the $200 'discount' on the premise that after the dealer diagnoses his problem in one hour that he will return to have us do the work.. somehow I think he lied...

Junior Member Curt_pnw is on a distinguished road
    Chris, **** that guy. It sucks to deal with people like that. No common sense. That dealership doesn't help either. Which one was it?
    It's not like I ever go to dealerships to get work done on my car, but note to never go through that one for anything.

+ Reply to Thread