Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 37 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Rants and Venting

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by DowNnOutDubin View Post
    And that is exactly why I buy plastic forks, spoons, knives, cups, and paper plates. Almost never have to wash anything, unless I use pots or pans. Not great for my carbon footprint, but oh well, I hate washing dishes.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    And that is exactly why I buy plastic forks, spoons, knives, cups, and paper plates. Almost never have to wash anything, unless I use pots or pans. Not great for my carbon footprint, but oh well, I hate washing dishes.
    I use paper plates constantly, but I try to not use plastic things. It doesn't take much to wash a fork or spoon, imo
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_P..._Garbage_Patch

Plastic is bad unless it is recycled and even then, its bad.

ION, I am pissed that Ian Birk can shoot someone that did not pose a threat 4 times and walk away from it with no charges. That is bullshit. Furthermore, it allows other stupid cops to think they can get away with it as well. Meanwhile, the good cops that are doing their jobs properly are getting the stinkeye. Not cool man. Not cool.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_P..._Garbage_Patch

Plastic is bad unless it is recycled and even then, its bad.

ION, I am pissed that Ian Birk can shoot someone that did not pose a threat 4 times and walk away from it with no charges. That is bullshit. Furthermore, it allows other stupid cops to think they can get away with it as well. Meanwhile, the good cops that are doing their jobs properly are getting the stinkeye. Not cool man. Not cool.
    Is that the SPD cop that shot the dude just walking down the street with a carving knife?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    I use paper plates constantly, but I try to not use plastic things. It doesn't take much to wash a fork or spoon, imo
    True enough. I'm just lazy that way I guess.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    I'm not familiar with that case, but I agree about the cops... my father-in-law has been a cop for 23yrs, and theres a lot of guys that do the right thing. But then crap like this happens, and other instances where they think they're above the law.

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    I hate apartment complex managers. My brother and I turned in applications for him to move into a 1 bedroom into a 2 bedroom to finish out his lease so I can move in with him and help. We turned in these applications on friday the 11th... It is now thursday the 17th and we have had to call them a few times to get any type of updates. So today I called in, instead of my brother. It was rather awkward from the get go because she knew who I was over the phone the second she picked up. I am not a resident there and I have only spoke to her once. However, she was honest with me and told me the lady in charge of doing the paperwork is off today, and she hasn't filed our application. So I got a little upset and started asking her why its taking so long.. I also informed her that I have never had to wait almost a week for an answer on an apartment application. Usually they are same day cause they want you to sign right away and take your $$!

So she starts getting defensive, so I let her babble off about how we aren't moving in to the new apartment until the end of the month... Finally when she is done, I just said... If its such an easy move, why don't we have our answer already? I told her I gave notice at my place already and if it isn't going to work out I need to know to find another place to live before the 28th. She ends the call saying she will process the paperwork right now and get back to me in a few hours. It took no less than 30 minutes to get a call back from her. WOW! We are approved with no issues..

She called my brother first since he is the resident and had some lovely things to say about me... She told him that she took it as me calling her incompetent for the time it took to run the applications and that I was being very rude. Excuse me? Aren't you the apartment manager? Isn't your job to rent out your units to people and keep them occupied? New tenants should NOT have to follow up with you day after day to get an answer. If this was a new apartment I would tell them to shred up the applications and to F off. I am ONLY moving there to help my brother out as well as my own budget.. Otherwise I would leave in a heartbeat. Man some people just don't think before they react... I may have been a little rude, but I am the one putting up a few hundred dollars in applications, fees and deposits to move into their apartments.

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    I hate 'rant and venting' threads!
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Angry Smurf!

Regular Member DowNnOutDubin is on a distinguished road DowNnOutDubin's Avatar
    Well you made her do her job, of course she is angry

I'm glad my first ever experience with apartments have been a good one besides the messy roommates. The management is awesome and we have a full time super. So if anything is wrong it's normally fixed the day of or after, unless they have to order a part.. Which they installed a new garbage disposable the day after when they found out it isn't working to par.

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    I hate impossible time-hacks... just finished a 17hr day with a 20min breakfast (no lunch or dinner). Great way to start off the 4day weekend. And, the only place to work on my car up here is only open for a few hours tomorrow, and I was hoping to get a lot of shit done this weekend... guess not.

Quote: Originally Posted by trip permit View Post
    I hate apartment complex managers.
    some how I really appear to have lucked out.. the apartment management at my new place has been really good, and this is the only place I ever even looked at.

the last place I stayed was horrible... management was never even in the office

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Craigslist F'ers!
    Why even put up an ad without a phone number and never respond to any emails that are sent to you?
    Oh and if the item is gone........DELETE THE FRICKING AD! OMG!

I have tried to get 4 different chest freezers this week and all 3 of them have gone wrong!
    The first 2 times it was gone by the time I got there!
    The other 2 I requested dimensions and received messages back like...."i'll get those for you after work."
    Well its been 4 days now? The ad is still up and you're not responding? WTF?

Hehe.....OMG that felt good to get out...... Thanks for the Rant and Venting section Joel!

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    some how I really appear to have lucked out.. the apartment management at my new place has been really good, and this is the only place I ever even looked at.

the last place I stayed was horrible... management was never even in the office
    Well I am the bad older brother and my younger brother is the nice one.. So he is the messenger from now on haha.

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Craigslist F'ers!
    Why even put up an ad without a phone number and never respond to any emails that are sent to you?
    Oh and if the item is gone........DELETE THE FRICKING AD! OMG!

I have tried to get 4 different chest freezers this week and all 3 of them have gone wrong!
    The first 2 times it was gone by the time I got there!
    The other 2 I requested dimensions and received messages back like...."i'll get those for you after work."
    Well its been 4 days now? The ad is still up and you're not responding? WTF?

Hehe.....OMG that felt good to get out...... Thanks for the Rant and Venting section Joel!
    Yes I hate flakes off CL as well. Sometimes you just get lucky and people follow through from the beginning. I have had A LOT better luck and a lot less low ballers with CL over the vortex though.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    I just can't win lately I ordered one of these http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-..._Tools/ES9951/ from ecstuning and it got here monday. Was tired of having to run to schmucks every time my gf's cel came on to check it.Well I finally got a chance to go use it today and the stupid thing does not fit over the OBDII port in the car! The plug end of the scanner is at least an 1/8 of an inch to small in diameter to fit the port.

So god knows how long it is going to take to get my money back for them. Add this to the douche bag I have a paypal claim in process against for selling me a broken grill. I am to the point I am not going to order or buy anything from anybody that is not local.

Yeah, unless it's an established business, I only buy local.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    I just can't win lately I ordered one of these http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-..._Tools/ES9951/ from ecstuning and it got here monday. Was tired of having to run to schmucks every time my gf's cel came on to check it.Well I finally got a chance to go use it today and the stupid thing does not fit over the OBDII port in the car! The plug end of the scanner is at least an 1/8 of an inch to small in diameter to fit the port.

So god knows how long it is going to take to get my money back for them. Add this to the douche bag I have a paypal claim in process against for selling me a broken grill. I am to the point I am not going to order or buy anything from anybody that is not local.
    I would only buy a vagcom.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by trip permit View Post
    I would only buy a vagcom.
    If I could afford one I would. I just want to be able to check the code and clear it. Don't need any thing fancy.

If I could afford one I would. I just want to be able to check the code and clear it. Don't need any thing fancy.
    I know, but I just wouldn't waste your $$ when you can have the same outcome at shucks. I don't know guess I was just spoiled owning vagcom in the past... I have the ebay cable that works for every application I have needed it for. Just need a new laptop.

ecs is fine... they should make things relatively painless for you (as much as a web site can). But yeah.. for code checking, I think I'd only bother with a vagcom

really tired of not being invited to things. I feel like I'm borderline whining now, but this is just annoying. I finally got a work schedule where I have some of a weekend off... friday nights off, etc., and it seems like almost everyone I know is out doing things on those nights with other people and I'm never invited. I ask if something's going on... no response. I'm freakin' tired of sitting at home in front of my computer. I do that for work... not interested in doing it on my nights off too. Take it as me whining, or not having real friends.. or whatever.. I don't care. I don't care who I hang out with... I like just about everyone. I just want to get out of my freakin' apartment more! I feel like I'm acquaintances with everyone in the world.. but friends with no one. Maybe it's something about me... I've no clue. But it's definitely not fun.

</serious rant>

Getting a vagcom would be nice but it's a lot of money to just pull codes and clear them. I would need a laptop, software, and a cable thats adds up quick. Plus I would need to aquire the knowledge to use it and I am lucky I don't blow up my gf's computer turning it on to come on here. I really just don't want to have spend half an hour to drive to shucks and deal with the idiots there just clear a code anymore. I rather spend 5 minutes to grab the scanner out of my toolbox walk outside scan the car.

But I agree with you guy's a vagcom would be better.

Getting a vagcom would be nice but it's a lot of money to just pull codes and clear them. I would need a laptop, software, and a cable thats adds up quick. Plus I would need to aquire the knowledge to use it and I am lucky I don't blow up my gf's computer turning it on to come on here. I really just don't want to have spend half an hour to drive to shucks and deal with the idiots there just clear a code anymore. I rather spend 5 minutes to grab the scanner out of my toolbox walk outside scan the car.

But I agree with you guy's a vagcom would be better.
    I understand.... but these are volkswagens. There's a reason we don't take our cars to 'regular' mechanics, or even to general european shops. We find VW shops and stick with 'em.. because our cars are weird

really tired of not being invited to things. I feel like I'm borderline whining now, but this is just annoying. I finally got a work schedule where I have some of a weekend off... friday nights off, etc., and it seems like almost everyone I know is out doing things on those nights with other people and I'm never invited. I ask if something's going on... no response. I'm freakin' tired of sitting at home in front of my computer. I do that for work... not interested in doing it on my nights off too. Take it as me whining, or not having real friends.. or whatever.. I don't care. I don't care who I hang out with... I like just about everyone. I just want to get out of my freakin' apartment more! I feel like I'm acquaintances with everyone in the world.. but friends with no one. Maybe it's something about me... I've no clue. But it's definitely not fun.

</serious rant>
    I'll be back at the end of March, you're welcome to mine and the wife's place anytime I enjoy good beer and music, movies, etc, tis about all we'll be doing haha

+ Reply to Thread