monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 23 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Rants and Venting

Normal Member rover31 is on a distinguished road rover31's Avatar
    I love to drive the jetta on that road.

Normal Member RAINWAGEN is on a distinguished road
    I live in issaquah and I got this 49cc pocket bike and we rode it up and down the trail be hind my house for a few hours taking breaks when poeple yelled at us and so some bezzys decide to call the cops and what makes it better is my neighbour called and told them where we live and so ipd comes to the door and says we can't ride it pretty much anywhere so my gf comes out and is pissed and says so Wtf where can they ride it cop says private property we were like it was fun well it lasted lol Hahaha oh well selling it now what a waste of police time and mine and to those stupid that thought calling the cops is cool fu!!!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Ok, some of you know I was tasked with writing up a manual on how I do my job. Basically my boss asking me to make myself replaceable. So I have been stalling and stalling, not working on it unless he explicitly tells me to. Then he has our Project Manager 'help' me A lot harder to stall when someone else is pretty much looking over your shoulder. So I walk him through my process, having him take notes. I then ask him to type it into a Word document, with no formatting, and send it to me so I can add pictures and screen-caps in InDesign. First revision I get from him is perfect. Just a list of steps and some notes. Then, he takes it to our boss, and they come up with some fancy way to lay out the formatting. He puts the whole thing in tables adds headers and footers , and CHANGES THE MARGINS! each item, a little worse than the last, but the margins is what really gets me. DON"T CHANGE ****ING MARGINS!!! you are not a designer AT ALL!!! I am partially, simply because those things have been forced on me, but at least I know enough to NOT CHANGE MARGINS! Now, I have to go through and re-do his whole Word doc because InDesign doesn't give you full editing capability on tables, and it has made my job a living hell to try and put these pictures into the document. GRRRRRR
    -Tyler-

placeholder doppelfaust will become famous soon enough doppelfaust's Avatar
    I hate companies that don't tell you when you order an item that
    it is not in stock, they let you place the order, take your money
    and inform you a couple days later that they don't have the part.
    Is it really that difficult to have a real time inventory system with
    an online based company?
    p.s. Tyler, I intentionally changed the margins on this post for you.
    Last edited by doppelfaust; 2010.08.17 at 12:24 PM.

Quote: Originally Posted by RAINWAGEN View Post
    I live in issaquah and I got this 49cc pocket bike and we rode it up and down the trail be hind my house for a few hours taking breaks when poeple yelled at us and so some bezzys decide to call the cops and what makes it better is my neighbour called and told them where we live and so ipd comes to the door and says we can't ride it pretty much anywhere so my gf comes out and is pissed and says so Wtf where can they ride it cop says private property we were like it was fun well it lasted lol Hahaha oh well selling it now what a waste of police time and mine and to those stupid that thought calling the cops is cool fu!!!
    No offense, if you had one of those in my neighborhood I would call the cops on you too...

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Well, his post motivated me to fix the go kart. Good idea!

$5 minimum on credit/debit transactions in a chain store where most one-person purchases will be under $5... wtf
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by rover31 View Post
    I love to drive the jetta on that road.
    I can definitely see why. Probably one of the most fun roads in this area without question.

Quote: Originally Posted by doppelfaust View Post
    No offense, if you had one of those in my neighborhood I would call the cops on you too...
    I'd kill it with fire. It's like listening to a weedwhacker running at 25,000 RPMS.

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    $5 minimum on credit/debit transactions in a chain store where most one-person purchases will be under $5... wtf
    That sort of thing is bad enough at the Quik E Marts, now chain stores are doing it?
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    I can definitely see why. Probably one of the most fun roads in this area without question.
    I question it..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    I'd kill it with fire. It's like listening to a weedwhacker running at 25,000 RPMS.
    And yet leafblowers are legal lazy ass holes..

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    And yet leafblowers are legal lazy ass holes..
    Which brings me to my next rant! If you've got numerous leaves you are trying to consolidate in a pile on a surface that you are not able to rake on, feel free to use a leaf blower. If you have ONE F*ING LEAF for the love of GOD PICK IT UP! Blowing it 100 feet down a sidewalk only to blow it in the f*ing road is just lazy! For that matter, if you do not intend on eventually picking up that pile of leaves you blew into one area, don't blow them there! What have you accomplished my blowing all your grass clippings, rhododendron branches and beauty bark into the road? Its NOT cleaned up, you've simply moved your mess!

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    I question it..
    I didn't say the most fun road, but it's definitely quite entertaining, especially if you're not stuck behind a old woman doing 10 under.

If you haven't yet, you should definitely take a quick trip down Paradise Lake Road if you get the chance.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

I didn't say the most fun road, but it's definitely quite entertaining, especially if you're not stuck behind a old woman doing 10 under.

If you haven't yet, you should definitely take a quick trip down Paradise Lake Road if you get the chance.
    I've driven it a few times.. I think people only like it because they can go fast and feel like they're almost catching air going over the hill. But there's nothing to the road at all.. it's just a few turns at one end, a long sweeper or two, and then a couple of hills. Drive 5 minutes farther east and drive High Bridge or drive ~15 minutes northeast and check out Sultan Basin if you want a good road.

Normal Member curtnutss is on a distinguished road
    When people undermine me with my dog obedience !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Junior Member Jor758 is on a distinguished road Jor758's Avatar
    People who write "here" or "my house" as their location on craigslist.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jor758 View Post
    People who write "here" or "my house" as their location on craigslist.
    hahaha.. wtf

Junior Member Jor758 is on a distinguished road Jor758's Avatar
    hahaha.. wtf
    It's a serious issue and it needs to stop. That and rice in my burrito.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jor758 View Post
    It's a serious issue and it needs to stop. That and rice in my burrito.
    I love me some rice..

Drive 5 minutes farther east and drive High Bridge or drive ~15 minutes northeast and check out Sultan Basin if you want a good road.
    Hmm, I'll have to check that out.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Hmm, I'll have to check that out.
    wait.... you've never heard of/been on High Bridge? How can you "love" Paradise Lake and not know about High Bridge?

Magic?

- Jorge Luis Borges

Magic?
    magic is a farse

that's my rant for the day

Normal Member lurkertom is on a distinguished road lurkertom's Avatar
    I am more than just a little peeved at people who don't fix their cats and let them breed indiscriminately. Had to take a very young feral kitten to the humane society yesterday. Do the right thing and take care of your animals...that includes spaying and neutering dammit!

magic is a farse

that's my rant for the day
    OK, here's the real answer. I turned around in an effort to find said cemetery. I'll be out doing some exploring tomorrow so maybe I'll go back that way since I won't be too far away from there.

- Jorge Luis Borges

OK, here's the real answer. I turned around in an effort to find said cemetery. I'll be out doing some exploring tomorrow so maybe I'll go back that way since I won't be too far away from there.
    I still can't believe that you haven't been on High Bridge.. but whatever.

+ Reply to Thread