Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 26 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Rants and Venting

Normal Member lurkertom is on a distinguished road lurkertom's Avatar
    Damn near T-boned a deer in my TT this morning on the way in to work...I think there is deer hair stuck to my license plate frame.
    Why is it they always seem to jump right in front of you?
    Good thing I was only doing 30 and thank God for ABS!

Quote: Originally Posted by lurkertom View Post
    Burn Notice season three disc two is unwatchable on any of my DVD players...WTF?
    get a new DVD player?

Quote: Originally Posted by lurkertom View Post
    Why is it they always seem to jump right in front of you?
    that's just what they do man... wouldn't be nearly as many accidents involving deer if they were smarter
    Does your TT have any sort of stability control, or just traction control & abs?

Normal Member lurkertom is on a distinguished road lurkertom's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    get a new DVD player?

that's just what they do man... wouldn't be nearly as many accidents involving deer if they were smarter
    Does your TT have any sort of stability control, or just traction control & abs?
    No just a bad disc apparently - Bose says "formatting not recognized", the others kind of almost play but then stop.

TT has ESP and all the goodies associated wtih it.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    ****ing neighbor is smoking on their back porch, and the wind is blowing it straight into our back door :rant:

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Fedex makes me Grrrrrr! Does the package really need to sit for 4/5 days in Seattle?

Shipment Dates:
    Ship date Sep: 17, 2010
    Estimated delivery: Sep 23, 2010 by 7:00 PM
    Destination: BOTHELL, WA

Shipment Facts:
    Service type: Express Saver
    Weight: 80.0 lbs/36.3 kg

Date/Time Activity Location
    Sep 20, 2010 1:00 AM At local FedEx facility SEATTLE, WA
    Sep 19, 2010 2:22 AM At local FedEx facility SEATTLE, WA
    Sep 18, 2010 11:41 PM At dest sort facility SEATTLE, WA
    Sep 18, 2010 5:29 PM Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
    Sep 18, 2010 10:51 AM Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
    Sep 17, 2010 7:25 PM Left FedEx origin facility ANDERSON, SC
    Sep 17, 2010 5:48 PM Picked up ANDERSON, SC
    Sep 17, 2010 10:09 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Fedex makes me Grrrrrr! Does the package really need to sit for 4/5 days in Seattle?
    I can almost always guarantee that Express Saver will get me my package within 3 business days of the ship date, and they'll ship over the weekend, but not deliver over the weekend. That's probably your issue.. it got here quickly, but they don't do Saturday Delivery, so it has to sit until Monday.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Exactly, whenever I order stuff Express Saver its here super quick! IE: Newegg... but they're on the West Coast.

so it has to sit until Monday.
    Or in this case....... Thursday!!!!... weird!

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Exactly, whenever I order stuff Express Saver its here super quick! IE: Newegg... but they're on the West Coast.

Or in this case....... Thursday!!!!... weird!
    you didn't get it today?

and newegg ships from all over the country

Nope didn't get crap today.

Its a replacement saw from Sears because my other one exploded on me and nearly took 2 of my fingers off.

You'd think they'd want to get it out of their sorting facility and just get it out to the customer? Maybe not!

four way stop... someone is sitting at the line with no one else around. They see you approaching so they wait until you reach the intersection as well, stop at the line... and they may even wait a few more seconds.. before they go. WTF!!!?

When you're at the line and no one else is at the intersection... GO!

Rant about being laid off and thrown under the bus.

Worked at the dart / pool table company for 90 days. During the interview process (5 interviews), they acknowledged several times that there was going to be a steep learning curve for my position due to the proximity of tournaments we were deploying to. (It literally is a deployment). They also knew that I had about 5 years of info to learn in 3 months. They also were completely aware that I had no background in darts other than my playing with a friend in the dorms.
    No problem...

After the tournaments, which went very well, I had to start with the paperwork and document revisions. Created a League Operations manual, Press Releases, revised the book that goes out to all the players nationwide, and several other documents that were all assigned to me to go through and make improvements.
    Every document was reviewed by a proofing team of 3-5 people in succession. The final 1 or 2 people were either the owner or the owner's son, who was technically the boss. Every document I made went through the lower parts of the team with minor revisions to be made, they would be corrected and passed on up the line to the next person. Once it reached the "top", the review was literally "This is SHIT!" Then the complete rewrites by the owners would start. 2-5 rewrites later, it was ready for release.
    Most of the time I worked there, the owner's dad was based in Thailand. He's old, and set in his ways like whoa. For some reason, he ended up on an emergency flight back from Thailand, noone says why he's back for good other than "He was told it would be better if he just left.." I'll stick with my Thai ladyboy hooker theory.
    During my last 45 days, I'd been working on the "Captain's Book". It goes to all the dart players and simply tells them the rules and how to's of playing darts. Was told by the boss "Make this the best Captain's Book we've ever had!" So, I spent considerable time and effort to make the improvements from a standpoint of someone who's never played darts before, and used the crap out of the proofing team to get all the bugs worked out before it went up to the bosses. It's about a 35 page document, and every page is interlinked with the next. Meaning, you add too much to one page, it screws up the next 30. So it was a big job....
    They were fully disclosed that I would be working a week for the military in September. That was last week. The document had to be final proofed while I was gone, so the printing could start on time. Apparently, the owner used a sailor-like string of expletives to describe the changes to the book during a meeting on Friday. At no point did the owner's son back me up, defend me, or fall on the sword and let it be known that he had my back. They called me on Sunday to ask me to come in to work, which was strange. I was unavailable, and returned the call to let them know I couldn't make it.
    Monday morning I was laid off, and given the biggest list of piss-poor excuses of why I was being let go I've ever heard.
    Starting with-
    I called you and you didn't come in. I didn't hear my phone ring when you called back, and I did see later that you returned my call but didn't listen to my voice mails.

Your revisions to the captain's book were garbage. How could you even navigate that document by removing the numbers next to the bullets? (my response-How about page 3, bullet 5?)

Now that the owner is back, I need a place to put him. The league dept. is the only place I can put him.

Your work ethic is amazing. I wish more people around here worked as hard as you do.

Your devotion to your racing is something I'm jealous of. Too many people here just work and go home and do nothing after working because we're worn out.

You've been saying you're tired lately. I know you've been training and it takes a lot of effort. It hasn't affected the job, but you've been saying you're tired a lot more than you usually do.

I really want you to use me as a reference. I'll even try and help you find a job.

I really liked having you around. The league dept has run more smoothly in the last 2 months than it has in the past 8 years.

And so on. Biggest load of crap I've ever heard.
    end rant.

Sorry to hear that man!
    Being laid off a couple years back was one of the hardest things in my life I had to deal with. I totally took it personally and then went into a pretty deep depression for almost 2 years. It was super hard to find a job and almost impossible. Then I just ended up going back to an older job.

Now that I look back on it I know now that it was a business decision and not a personal one. They laid off many people that day and I just happened to be one of them. I am also glad now that I was laid off because I would probably be stuck at that shit hole and hating the job that much more!

Keep your head up man!

Hey FedEx where's my saw?

Normal Member rover31 is on a distinguished road rover31's Avatar
    four way stop... someone is sitting at the line with no one else around. They see you approaching so they wait until you reach the intersection as well, stop at the line... and they may even wait a few more seconds.. before they go. WTF!!!?

When you're at the line and no one else is at the intersection... GO!

I have had this happen to me twice in the past week wtf people do you know how a four way stop works or do they need to post the damn instructions under the stop sign for you to figure it out. And don't even get me started on round-a-bouts FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote: Originally Posted by rover31 View Post
    And don't even get me started on round-a-bouts FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    personally I think that most people around here seem to have at least a marginal understanding of round-a-bout basics. That said, I've seen more than a few people who are visibly pissed off at me (ie. getting flipped off, lights flashed, tailgated, etc.) in the following case:

round-about with two lanes (rather than the usual one).. where the outside lane is required to enter and then exit at the next exit-point, while the inner lane can exit at the first point or continue around to any of the other exit-points. As such, the outside lane is really just a 'through lane' for the round-a-bout, and the inner lane is treated like any other lane in a round-a-bout.

I've been known to enter the round-a-bout in either lane at normal speed (ie. not slowing down because there was simply no need to.. no other cars were in the round-a-bout at the time) but with a car beside me in the other lane. They slow down.. I don't. I continue through and exit at the first-exit point. If I do this without slowing down (and, fwiw, I always signal when I'm exiting a round-a-bout like you should.. but this really seems to confuse people ), invariably there is a car waiting to enter the round-a-bout just after that first exit-point and the driver looks very confused for some reason.. and the car next to me ends up behind me and obviously pissed off that I wasn't more careful, or something.

round-a-bouts are really simple: cars inside the round-a-bout have right-of-way over cars entering the round-a-bout, and use a turn signal when exiting. If there aren't cars in the round-a-bout then just continue on like normal. There's nothing that says you have to drive more slowly unless there actually is a speed limit sign somewhere.

this post has way too many hyphens
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Quote: Originally Posted by lagomorph View Post
    Monday morning I was laid off, and given the biggest list of piss-poor excuses of why I was being let go I've ever heard.
    Starting with-
    I called you and you didn't come in. I didn't hear my phone ring when you called back, and I did see later that you returned my call but didn't listen to my voice mails.

Your revisions to the captain's book were garbage. How could you even navigate that document by removing the numbers next to the bullets? (my response-How about page 3, bullet 5?)

Now that the owner is back, I need a place to put him. The league dept. is the only place I can put him.

Your work ethic is amazing. I wish more people around here worked as hard as you do.

Your devotion to your racing is something I'm jealous of. Too many people here just work and go home and do nothing after working because we're worn out.

You've been saying you're tired lately. I know you've been training and it takes a lot of effort. It hasn't affected the job, but you've been saying you're tired a lot more than you usually do.

I really want you to use me as a reference. I'll even try and help you find a job.

I really liked having you around. The league dept has run more smoothly in the last 2 months than it has in the past 8 years.

And so on. Biggest load of crap I've ever heard.
    end rant.
    so, according to them, they laid you off over what was essentially either a misunderstanding or miscommunication and a lack of understanding regarding your military requirements... and they thought you were great otherwise?

*sigh*

I've had jobs like that. I've been told that I was great.. they loved having me around.. whatever, and then proceeded to fire me. I was actually brought back in for a day after I was let go from a temporary job once because they needed work done and they knew I'd do a good job
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Normal Member curtnutss is on a distinguished road
    replacing a seal two times and it still seeping ......... on my bimmer!

Regular Member DowNnOutDubin is on a distinguished road DowNnOutDubin's Avatar
    Half a gallon of windshield washer fluid spilled in the back of my car. I didn't even open it up yet and made sure the cap was on tight before I threw it in the back of my car. Turns out the seal had been broken, the smell was soo bad I could taste it from my sinuses driving home

I think I can still taste it

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    grrr, I just found out that I am no longer in charge of IT here at our office for some reason. I can see me not doing any of the CRM bullshit, but why all IT?
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Oh, forgot the best part, how I found out. Our CRM developer forwarded me a question my boss had asked him, and I saw it down in the forwarded responses.
    -Tyler-

placeholder doppelfaust will become famous soon enough doppelfaust's Avatar
    I work with a racist bastard...

On my trip down to Fine Tuning yesterday I was at an intersection waiting for the light to change. Then this heavy set hobo looking chick came up to the crosswalk button and must of slammed it 10 times in a row.

Do you really think its going to make the light change any faster? Are you really in that big of a hurry to cross the road?

Hope you're in a hurry to get home and take a shower and wash your clothes!

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    grrr, I just found out that I am no longer in charge of IT here at our office for some reason. I can see me not doing any of the CRM bullshit, but why all IT?
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    Oh, forgot the best part, how I found out. Our CRM developer forwarded me a question my boss had asked him, and I saw it down in the forwarded responses.
    wtf?

(⌐■_■)
    Well, sat down and talked with him yesterday evening. My boss has this habit of using the most extreme conditions to analyze a situation. So he was using the last month as the basis for that decision. And he confuses IT with CRM development. I *hate* writing code and developing, so I keep pushing tasks off on our developer, even really simple stuff, just cause I don't want to mess with it. The boss sees that as 'IT', and since I'm pushing it off, he thinks that I am too busy with printing. I haven't really done any actual IT work in the last 2 months. He understands that now, so I get to keep my IT stuff
    -Tyler-

Sooo tired of that chick that threw acid in her face in Vancouver. Now she's pleading "not guilty?!?" Are you serious? You admit that you threw it in your face! WTF?

+ Reply to Thread