Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Drivers and the driven -- Post 'em up! (Introduce yourself!)

Quote: Originally Posted by Az636 View Post
    love e39's

and welcome! The whole goal of this site is to provide a place to hang out with car enthusiasts in your area.. to act as a supplement for existing forums that maybe don't have as active a local community, or that don't offer the diversity people might want for a local community.

look forward to seeing the car after you work on it
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

had a buyer lined up three separate times,
    fate kept intervening and making us hang onto it.
    here is where it sat for years.
    its a lot more cleaned up and together now.
    The Stude.

next time i go out to the shop i will try and snap a pic or two of the 'Lude as well.
    please don't post my pics on other sites.
    thanks.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    you need to stop working on the Prelude and get to work on that!
    -Tyler-

No doubt. Eff the Honda!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I wouldn't say that, there are some pretty lofty goals for it, I'd love to see how close they get
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Nice! What year is that? And what's the plans for the 'lude, if you don't mind sharing?

300hp all NA no power adders
    fully built motor. sleeved, stroked, bla bla bla, really tweaked head, the motor itself was purchased from Honda Japan as this particular H22 wasn't sold anywhere else and wasn't allowed in the states in a car from the factory. we aren't breaking any records or doing anything that hasn't already been done before, taking it to 95hp over stock with no forced induction isn't out of this world. resent dyno figures had us just past the 260hp mark as is with our little home made mods. taking it a step further now, just the other day we got newly tuned ECU, custom cams, gears, intake manifold, and new pulleys. i have a pretty trick exhaust on it already. goals are to road race occasionally and have a nice strip car because they are remodeling our quarter mile track in town and i really like it.

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    you need to stop working on the Prelude and get to work on that!
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

i figured some people may not understand.
    what your looking at is a 1932 Studebaker Six Reggal St. Regis Brougham
    came from the factory with a humongous six and is rare to say the least. if im going to work on a car, and its mine, its got to be done correctly.
    im particular with the way things are setup in my vehicles. look at my scirocco and you will see a ever growing and evolving example of my point.
    anyways, working on a car like this where there are only a few hundred made to begin with is a bit more daunting and intense both manually, mentally, and on my pocket book. right now its just fine where it sits and it can await its turn when i know im ready to do it right. not exactly the kind of car you just jump into. if i blow the motor in the widebody car, or the prelude, or even my scirocco who cares. i can always start over with what i have and have a huge mass of parts to pick and choose from.
    not so much with the later. my intentions of selling the car was to get it to a home and owner that could give it what it deserves. someone who would restore it to factory spec. like i may not ever be able to do. on my list of priority's getting this car done is pretty far down on my list. and if im being honest i have more fun with my jeep anyways

post up a proper thread for your scirocco then

Normal Member Slow8vJetta will become famous soon enough
    Hello, my name is Kyle. I'm pretty much a troll when it comes to the community, but I'm slowly coming out form under my bridge.

Here are a couple pics of my daily and a couple pics of my wife's daily (just polished it out yesterday):

Mine

My wife's

Both were a couple of heaps when we first got them, but after some much needed attention they are getting better as time passes. Mine still needs quite a bit of work before I'm happy and her car needs very little and it will be done. All done when funds and time are to be had.

Just found about this forum, so I'm pretty excited to become acquainted with some of you. Hope to see you around!
    DubSaints

love me some mk2's.. both look pretty good. I love the golf's color.

Going on the crosshaul cruise? I'm coming down for that.. and I know a couple of other people on here in the Seattle area are as well

Thanks! The Golf needs a respray. It looks good from a distance, lol. The closer you get, the more you can see the PO's sad attempt at prep-work and his even more sad attempt to lay clear coat. Judging by some of the runs in the clear, he must have been driving and spraying at the same time.. ?? Haha.

My wife and I had planned on going to the Crosshaul Cruise, but some things came up. So, we are taking our son down to see family on Sunday instead. I just love when family hands out guilt trips..
    Last edited by Slow8vJetta; 2011.04.20 at 22:02 PM. Reason: typo
    DubSaints

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum! I have been reading your threads on vortex in the MKII forum.

Thank you! Anything interesting? Lmao. I do tend to ramble sometimes.
    DubSaints

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Slow8vJetta View Post
    Thank you! Anything interesting? Lmao. I do tend to ramble sometimes.
    Just the thread covering the progress on the golf and and the jetta.

Ah yes. I do what I can to document progress, but sometimes I just say eff it and don't bother with the camera. Just wait until I'm done with what I was doing. Thanks for reading them though.
    DubSaints

Quote: Originally Posted by Slow8vJetta View Post
    Ah yes. I do what I can to document progress, but sometimes I just say eff it and don't bother with the camera. Just wait until I'm done with what I was doing. Thanks for reading them though.

Junior Member zack_odom is on a distinguished road
    Hey everyone Im new here. My name's Zack. Eli reccomended I come here (Red 90 Golf with Sportmaxes..)
    I currently drive a 96 Yukon, but im trying to buy an audi soon. Possibly an A8 Im not sure.
    Anywho Im sure some of you have seen me before im 6'8" and 400lbs and black lol. I used to drive this:

and before that:

Anyways though In addition to being a car guy, Iam a professional auto detailer as well!

Hope to have fun with everyone this summer!
    cheers
    Last edited by joel; 2011.04.20 at 23:56 PM. Reason: advertising without advertiser status

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you in something european sometime soon.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Junior Member rush340 is on a distinguished road
    Hey everyone! The name's Mike.

I started with this, 6 years ago:

It was my first car, and has been my daily driver up until two weeks ago. I spent the last 3 years living the broke college student life, unable to give it the attention it deserves. Now that I'm finally working and no longer on the ramen diet, I decided to get something new to give the Rabbit a break from the road:

and the driver:

Gotta love the ramen diet. Nice cars and welcome!

oh.. holy cow.. it's Mike! Haven't seen you in many years man. Welcome to the site...

need to get you out to a few gtg's

Junior Member rush340 is on a distinguished road
    Hey Joel! Yeah, it's been a while! Hope to see you around. I definitely won't be missing the Leavenworth drive this year.

good deal man...

there's a gtg at Pochi in Lynnwood (a lot happens there) this Sunday, as well as a big gtg at SandPoint on June 9th... not VW events, just cool cars.

+ Reply to Thread