Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Drivers and the driven -- Post 'em up! (Introduce yourself!)

Junior Member quattroderrick is on a distinguished road quattroderrick's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    Very nice! Good choice in wheels too.
    Thanks! Not my first choice, but they were cheap and will hold me over for a bit.
    -1993 Audi S4(project)
    -2001 Jetta(DD)

Quote: Originally Posted by quattroderrick View Post
    Thanks! Not my first choice, but they were cheap and will hold me over for a bit.
    When you get tired of them, I need them for my Passat. It needs a new look, I'm tired of the Keskins.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Quote: Originally Posted by quattroderrick View Post
    I kept forgetting about this place! I'm working tomorrow but I want to start making it to more gtg's again.
    you can always show up later
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    When you get tired of them, I need them for my Passat. It needs a new look, I'm tired of the Keskins.
    I'll keep that in mind. I won't be buying wheels anytime soon as I now have 4 sets.
    -1993 Audi S4(project)
    -2001 Jetta(DD)

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    you can always show up later
    PM me the address and I'll try to swing by for a bit after work.
    -1993 Audi S4(project)
    -2001 Jetta(DD)

PM Rabbit 16v and he'll get you the info
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Normal Member Chris will become famous soon enough
    My name is Chris, I have 2 brothers here, mr.nobody and curtnutts. We've been into cars since the dawn of time. The first gtg I ever went to was the '01 leavenworth drive, I was 17 and hooked for life

The Volvo:

The Scirocco:

The Jetta:

The Caddy:

Me:

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    That is the best pic of you I have ever seen!

Normal Member Chris will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    That is the best pic of you I have ever seen!
    I'm afraid of airplanes

Quote: Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The first gtg I ever went to was the '01 leavenworth drive, I was 17 and hooked for life
    you've got me beat by a few years.... nice to know some people are still around from back then

Junior Member MJackson is on a distinguished road
    I'm ignorant. This is my ride to and from the neverneverland ranch.

2001.5 B5 S4 AMD/EPL Stage 3+

welcome... merry christmas.. and where'd you find the snow?

Junior Member MJackson is on a distinguished road
    Chicago. Was just there a few weeks ago
    2001.5 B5 S4 AMD/EPL Stage 3+

Normal Member Numbersix will become famous soon enough
    Hi, I'm Jon. I'm a cranky old geezer (today's my birthday, I'm legally allowed to say that now) who has been around VW's/Audis for a long time. I'm not much of a 'scene' guy so you won't likely see me at events anymore (my GTG days are behind me), but I recently bought another VW and hence I'm back in the fold a bit.

A few highlights (or lowlights, I suppose)

I had this for many a year

'87 Jetta GLI that during my 7 years of ownership I'm fairly certain I replaced every mechanical and interior component on at least once, if not 2-3x. 2.0 ABA blocked motor, full suspension/brake upgrade, euro bumpers, Votex flares, GLI Recaro interior, VWMS steering wheel...my longest project to date. When the 3rd 020 failed I decided it was time to move on

Then I picked this up from a mechanic buddy of mine...fully restored/rebuilt/upgraded. One 1/2" scratch on the entire car. I am a total idiot for having sold it.

I also owned this bucket, aka the bane of Chris's existence for a decent period of time...and the only car upon which I finally gave up

I believe that's Chris buttoning up the motor after it bent a rod thanks to being run on pump gas in race mode...(thanks APR)

I owned it at the same time I owned this...QSW with custom 2" lift and gravel rally tires. Loud as f$$$.

I recently sold this (just before Saab's bankruptcy)...

And bought my current daily, a 2012 GTI.

I thought the modding bug had finally died, but my checking account is sad to learn it hasn't...it will look a bit different come this weekend

I also have a '94 Miata R-Package. More fun in a much louder, much less comfortable way

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Nice collection of cars there!

A buddy of mine had a 4 door GTI just like that and in the 3 months he owned it he did a stage 3, chip, down pipe and full stainless exhaust. Then he traded it in on a Dodge Ram and didn't remove any of the upgrades or even mention them to the dealer!

Regular Member MiniCoopKiller is a jewel in the rough MiniCoopKiller is a jewel in the rough MiniCoopKiller's Avatar
    Somebody got a good deal at the dealer if they didn't notice what they had which I am sure that they did eventually. But he probably got more money for the car since he didn't tell him about the upgrades.

more photos of the Saab wagon? that thing looks pretty sweet..

'04 9-5 Arc SportCombi...basically an Aero 'lite'. I did some OEM+ mods to it--Aero front brakes, OEM Aero springs with Bilstein HD's, swaybars, Aero 17" wheels, Goodridge SS brake lines. Left the drivetrain mainly stock, and just drove it. Good looking car, not terribly interesting to drive.

nice.. I love wagons. I certainly would have noticed it if I'd seen it on the road

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Damn. I have things to say.. No time as of now though. Yes, thats me and Marlboros suck. FWIW, the A4 was supposed to be in the shop last week as it got rearended. Additionally, bent rod happened again on the same care a few months ago. It has a fresh engine with real rods now

of course that's you... the plaid gives it away

I'm pretty certain that A4 is cursed. You know the clutch we installed in that car during the whole "WTF is causing the ticking noise?" diagnosis fun failed within a few months? Not to mention the turbo failing on me within 2 months of the engine being (mostly) rebuilt...lesson learned: Don't buy someone else's project.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Or perhaps, dont install used clutches?

Junior Member JediJoker is on a distinguished road JediJoker's Avatar
    Greetings, PNW! My name's Rick and I hail from the SF Bay Area, but spend most of my time in the Willamette Valley (south of PDX). I've been a driving enthusiast since I learned how to drive, and a member of Audi Club North America since Fall of '09, shortly after acquiring my car: "Das Boot."

(Mt. Ashland)

That was its last outing as a 4x4. Now...

(Fort Klamath, outside of Crater Lake National Park)

Hope to see some of you at a PDX GTG sometime soon!

(P.S.: I'm also on NWQuattro and QuattroWorld, same username.)
    Cheers! :-)
    - JediJoker
    "Das Boot" / 2001 Audi A6 2.7T quattro sedan:
    RS4 clutch kit / 710N diverter valves / Bilstein PSS9s / Hotchkis Sport ARBs / 034 suspension goodies / O.Z. Superturismo LMs / E-code headlights / LED tails

das Boot.. funny

+ Reply to Thread