Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Drivers and the driven -- Post 'em up! (Introduce yourself!)

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Welcome! I've been fighting the newer-car bug myself for a while now, and have taken a hard look at a couple of B5 Avants like that!
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

Junior Member armada_v is on a distinguished road
    Thanks! I picked up an a4 sedan awhile back, but it's so similar to my benz. Both black on black sedans. After having to lug rims in and out of the backseat for so long, decided I missed having cargo space. I was actually setting up a time to look at another avant that day, then this popped up on craigslist. Owner lives 4 mins. from me and the car was quite a bit cheaper and in better condition. Bought it within an hour of the PO posting it!! Guess it was meant to be.

so... post photos of the Merc then
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Junior Member armada_v is on a distinguished road
    she's a little dirty

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Wilkommen!

Junior Member Deviate is on a distinguished road Deviate's Avatar
    I haven't seen anything that lists a specific demographic of car owner (although the site is "Fahren" I'd assume it's predominantly Deutsche). I registered with my 'Merican car anyway.

Name's Lee; I just moved to Portland from Ft Worth, TX. I was a service advisor there for a large indy BMW/MB shop; will likely do something similar here.

My car is a 2001 Ford Mustang GT Bullitt with a few bolt-ons. Fender well intake, exhaust (it's kinda loud), 3.73 gears, a MGW shifter, some meaty 315 Nitto drag radials and a little n2o. I'm sure there's a few other odds-and-ends, but you get the point. I was pretty active with a few groups in DFW; looking for the same up here but having a difficult time finding much.

I've also owned my fair share of Deutchemobiles and Japanese cars; just happen to be in a go-fast-for-cheap phase with Mustangs right now.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Welcome to the site! It's for all makes and models despite the name!

Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    Welcome to the site! It's for all makes and models despite the name!
    Cool, thank you sir.

You know, I've seen some really damn cool cars up here. Lots of Datsuns (comparably), which is unheard of where I come from.

we definitely have a pretty good variety of import cars in the region.. makes things interesting

PNWfahren is predominantly frequented by people who like German cars, but this place is more about the people and less about what car they own.

I'm not sure about Mustang groups in the Portland area. I know the Mustangs Northwest annual meet was just this weekend.. so you missed that
    That said, a lot of the smaller GTG's are quite friendly to people with other cars showing up. I have attended several small Subaru meets over the years (though, mostly Legacy people and not Impreza people), and people with random cars show up to a lot of the small VW-centric meets around Seattle and Portland. I'm sure the Saturday SE PDX GTG people (http://forums.pnwfahren.com/showthre...PDX-SE-PDX-gtg) would be happy to have you show up.

Welcome!
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    we definitely have a pretty good variety of import cars in the region.. makes things interesting

PNWfahren is predominantly frequented by people who like German cars, but this place is more about the people and less about what car they own.

I'm not sure about Mustang groups in the Portland area. I know the Mustangs Northwest annual meet was just this weekend.. so you missed that
    That said, a lot of the smaller GTG's are quite friendly to people with other cars showing up. I have attended several small Subaru meets over the years (though, mostly Legacy people and not Impreza people), and people with random cars show up to a lot of the small VW-centric meets around Seattle and Portland. I'm sure the Saturday SE PDX GTG people (http://forums.pnwfahren.com/showthre...PDX-SE-PDX-gtg) would be happy to have you show up.

Welcome!
    Thanks for the welcome, Joel.

Honestly, I don't get along so well with most Mustang drivers. Or perhaps they're different up here. In Texas they tend to be douches and/or punk kids who like to ruin car meets for others. I'm not a "Mustang guy"; just a car guy that happens to drive and enjoy a Mustang.

I generally feel at home around German cars, though. I've had 4 BMWs (e30 325es, e34 touring, e46 M3 and an e36 328is) and a VW (MKII Golf GT).

I do intend on trying to make the next SE PDX GTG. May drag my friend along with his Magnum RT if that's okay, too.

-Lee

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Love those wheels. And Welcome!
    -Tyler-

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Welcome, Lee! Nice to see some diversity in here. Can we call you the General?

I'll be moving back to washington ..oak harbor to be specific from hawaii in august. My GTI is currently on its way on a boat. Definitely a bigger/better scene in the pnw than hawaii so i'm pretty stoked
    [IMG] Shot at 2012-07-16[/IMG]
    [IMG] Shot at 2012-07-16[/IMG]
    Last edited by DUBLUV86; 2012.07.23 at 05:22 AM.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Welcome, Lee! Nice to see some diversity in here. Can we call you the General?
    You can, I suppose, but I'm not following the reference...

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    I think it has something to do with this:

Welcome!
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

Lol! Welcome Lee.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Quote: Originally Posted by Arsigi View Post

Welcome!
    exactly!

Quote: Originally Posted by Arsigi View Post
    http://www.homeofthebigpig.com/wp-co...enerallee4.jpg

Welcome!
    Thought so but I guess I don't see the connection really. Perhaps you're applying a stereotype because I just moved here from "the south"? Or is it just the whole American car thing?

Either way, you can call me whatever you want. The General works. I've been called worse.

Quote: Originally Posted by DUBLUV86 View Post
    I'll be moving back to washington ..oak harbor to be specific from hawaii in august. My GTI is currently on its way on a boat. Definitely a bigger/better scene in the pnw than hawaii so i'm pretty stoked
    yeah.. I know someone who moved to Hawaii a couple of years ago from here. I guess there's just a few modified Euros there in total

welcome back

1. from the South
    2. American car
    3. Your name is Lee

All of this led to my conclusion.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    1. from the South
    2. American car
    3. Your name is Lee

All of this led to my conclusion.
    Damn, I didn't even think about my name... Well played, sir. I promise I'm not usually this dense.

Haha!

Quote: Originally Posted by Deviate View Post
    Damn, I didn't even think about my name... Well played, sir. I promise I'm not usually this dense.
    funny.. I assumed your name was the easy part

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    yeah.. I know someone who moved to Hawaii a couple of years ago from here. I guess there's just a few modified Euros there in total

welcome back
    we have about a total of about 10 cars at our GTGs and some that are out and about but aircooled dubs are big here. my dream cars are a '65 21 window bus and a '32 ford with a 347....someday. so i'm thinking of toning it down and trading in the gti for a jetta sportswagen tdi. it seems like i turned into family man overnight and theres no way im getting a suv or minivan.

just make sure you call it a SportWagen instead

+ Reply to Thread