Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Drivers and the driven -- Post 'em up! (Introduce yourself!)

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    just make sure you call it a Golf V Estate instead
    FTFY!

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    FTFY!
    whatever

the point is that he still used the wrong name
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    So did you

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    So did you
    there's nothing wrong with using the manufacturer specified name for a car. I know you disagree, but I also think you're a bit weird sometimes
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Only sometimes? Damn, I am doing it wrong. There is that pesky part about how the manufacturer has also called it a Golf.. dont get me started on nomenclature with market specific directive. VWoA and VWaGMBh have failed in the US market to appeal to enthusiasts.. for the most part. At least they learned from trying to market a performance car to the US available in automatic only. I do give them props for offering the R in manual only. I hope sales figures reflect this.

agreed..

Junior Member Sanderskog is on a distinguished road
    New to the forum today so thought I'd introduce myself. I haven't read the entire thread but get the gist of it.

Been a motor head/addicted to cars for quite some time.

Past cars include (big breath):

1977 VW Rabbit - First car, wish I had it to this day.
    1983 Honda Accord - I thought I wanted something more practical. I owned it for three weeks and made $1000 profit.
    1984 Pontiac Firechicken - 305 with a 6 speed. It/I was the sh*t (or so I thought, I was a tool)
    1987 Jeep Wrangler - Lifted and fun as heck. Met my wife in this Jeep and after taking her mudding decided she was a keeper.
    1986 VW Jetta - College Commuter
    1953 M38A1 Military Jeep - I restored it and miss it to this day. It now resides on the ring finger of my wife's left hand. She gets grumpy when I remind her.
    1993 Jeep Wrangler
    1989 Jeep Cherokee
    1996 Jetta -Wife
    1994 VW Golf
    1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - wife
    1988 VW Vanagon - Wish I still had it
    1999 Dodge Ram 4wd
    1968 BMW 2002 Track Car - Miss it to this day
    1991 Land Rover Discovery
    1994 Honda Civic - Took it on trade for the Disco
    2001 Ford Supercrew 4x4
    2000 Rotax Sprint Kart
    2001 Grand Caracan - Wife mobile/kid hauler
    2004 WRX Wagon - My little red radio flyer
    2002 Chevy Silverado
    2006 Honda Pilot - Wife mobile
    1967 Honda Trail 90 - It was my grandfathers and I still have it. It just turned 700 miles this weekend.
    2003 MINI Cooper S
    2006 BMW 330i Sport 6 Speed
    2008 Honda Pilot - Wife mobile (still have)
    2009 MINI Clubman John Cooper Works - my 267 hp MINI, it was tuned and a blast to drive
    2002 SeaRay 182 - Not a car but a toy none the less (still have)
    2012 Golf Pirate Edition - My current car.

I'm missing 10+ in there somewhere...

Anyways, greetings!

Todd
    Last edited by Sanderskog; 2012.10.04 at 11:03 AM.

Awesome .. welcome!
    pics of the Trail 90 please

That's quite the list of cars. And, thanks for joining up and posting. We have far too many people who read here without posting

Quote: Originally Posted by Sanderskog View Post
    2000 Rotax Sprint Kart
    Best one. And Welcome!

Junior Member Sanderskog is on a distinguished road
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Awesome .. welcome!
    pics of the Trail 90 please

That's quite the list of cars. And, thanks for joining up and posting. We have far too many people who read here without posting

Fear the power

And the Gargagemahal the toys live in (prior to being totally complete). It was a crap hole when I moved in, essentially a garage with a house attached. The wife was patient and in the end it's a WIN! Some day I hope to get a lift.

Last edited by Sanderskog; 2012.10.04 at 11:26 AM.

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    Love Trail 90's. Had a couple growing up and used them and a CT 70 to make most of the trails we rode on. It was a lot more fun to just jump on the bike and barrel through the bushes then cutting a trail with a machete.

This was my last coupe (my 4th white coupe) before it was rear ended and totaled.

This is #4's replacement. Decided to go with a bay shave and small bumpers. Need a couple things to finish it up and get it registered. Yes its dirty, due to motorcycles being sooo much more fun!

~Jordan

Out carving some canyons. Me on the left.

you need to post more about the bike

Junior Member mista_shrpnl is on a distinguished road
    new guy here!

Im Aaron, in Everett. Currently building up a VRT to swap in my gti. shes currently a vr, but wanted a stout motor to boost.

Ill be starting a build thread shortly.

thats me in my 3 minutes of internet fame, from the Wanderlust drive this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hrgti.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	236  

Hey.. thanks for introducing yourself. I look forward to the build thread. We have some pretty knowledgeable people here as well, so feel free to ask questions.. or just hang out in the other existing threads.

Junior Member kish53a is on a distinguished road
    Hai guies, since I forgot my last username (kish) I set a new one up with my vortex username...

And since my last post in here, I haven't really done that much to my wagon except lowering it a little. (pics tomorrow)

Quote: Originally Posted by kish53a View Post
    Hai guies, since I forgot my last username (kish) I set a new one up with my vortex username...

And since my last post in here, I haven't really done that much to my wagon except lowering it a little. (pics tomorrow)
    I can always find users, change passwords, or change usernames, and you can contact me via email through the forum without logging in

Junior Member datto62073 is on a distinguished road
    Hey guys. I registered a while ago just haven't had a lot of time to post. I have a few dub right now, 2 Jettas (90 GLi and an 89 GL WE), 2 Passats ( 90 GL wagon and a 93 GLX) and a 79 Rabbit 4door. I Will edit this post once I get home and post some pics. I will have a few tech questions here as well tonight maybe but that we shall see.

Chris should know these cars. at least 4 of em if not all 5.

wifes 79 bunny.....

the passats.....

wifes 90 GL wagon

my 93 GLX sedan

my 90 GLI as she sits minus wheels. shes got Prime 5 stars on her for now

and the pain in my ass right now, my 89 GL Wolfsburg Edition.

oops almost forgot, my wifes daily.... 93 BMW Free25I

Last edited by datto62073; 2013.01.16 at 21:32 PM. Reason: added peeksures!!!!!!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Welcome, and please do post, we like helping solve problems!
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    Welcome, and please do post, we like helping solve problems!

Junior Member sortadelux is on a distinguished road
    This looks like the right place for a first post. I just picked this celica up on NYD to replace my lightly lifted forester for daily duty. Its all stock for now and I would like to do a little autox with it this year. Its my first Toyota to add to a long list of former cars from saab's and vw's to '60's american iron. My wifes B9 Tribeca handles the heavy lifting and the road tripping. It's going to be a good year!
    [IMG][/IMG]

thanks for posting! That's going to be a good car for getting into autocross as a novice.. you should enjoy it.

I hope to be at BSCC's autocrosses a couple of times this season

Junior Member sortadelux is on a distinguished road
    Thanks, I really look forward to giving it a try. Every thing I have read about this car points to a great handling car in need of 60 more horses. It should be a good car to nail down the fundamentals. All it needs is fresh struts (thinking about kyb gr2's) and maybe some tires. Plus I slapped on its first official mod! My cheap black delrin knob and some yellow h3 fog bulbs. Its the little things that make me smile...

Welcome! One thing that may or may not be helpful is that GR2s are garbage on a German car. they might be just fine on your car. Might want to do some research into that..

+ Reply to Thread