Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: please help !!! vag com or odb2 code reader needed car died in the road

Normal Member RAINWAGEN is on a distinguished road

please help !!! vag com or odb2 code reader needed car died in the road

My buddy has a mk3 golf 2.0 and he was on the way to my house and it just died while it driving 30 and giving it gas we checked fuses and made sure every thing was tight it wants to turn over but will not we are in issaquah and are in need of some help thanks
    Last edited by RAINWAGEN; 2010.09.27 at 05:30 AM.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    There are three things that come to mind that may be a problem. does it start now that it has cooled off a little?

Fuel pump. Try smacking the bottom of the fuel tank a few times while your buddy is cranking it over (does it crank over?). MAKE SURE THE PARKING BRAKE IS SET AND THE CAR IS NOT IN GEAR WHEN DOING THIS!!!!!!!

Ignition coil. Not much you can do here. Have you checked for spark?

Crank position sensor. Not much you can do here either. BUT, most of the time, these things will fix themselves after it cools down a bit.

Check for spark and report back.

It still won't start he's gunna come play video games for like an hour to let it cool down

but does it turn over at all?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    We need to know if it goes 'rhunununununununununun' when the key is turned to the 'start' position. Also, has the timing belt been done recently or in the recommended service interval (60k miles).

He had the belt done recently and it turns over gets close but he gave up and his gf got him he's geting the car tomorrow thanks for your help he really likes the fact that u posted ww still have no replies on vortex lol

if it actually turns over then I'd think about spark or fuel.. which Chris already covered.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

See? Thats why this place is better

Did your buddy try smacking the fuel tank?

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Did your buddy try smacking the fuel tank?
    Good way to get a restraining order.

Alternator?
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

Ha! lol!

Not the alternator as he says it turns over but doesnt fire.

Quote: Originally Posted by rabbit 16v View Post
    ha! Lol!

Not the alternator as he says it turns over but doesnt fire.
    lol wtf
    bitches catchin feelings like will i am

Ya his car is well maintained it just won't kick over and its kinda hard to get to the spark plugs cuz they are under the intake manifold and I only brought my mk1 tools lol but its doin the runrunrunrunrunrun so idk he left it sitting and it wqs still sitting when I came to work at 10 tonight

No need to take the plugs out. Pull the coil wire off the cap and put it on the intake manifold. One dude cranks the engine and the other dude watches for spark from the coil wire

Ya his car is well maintained it just won't kick over and its kinda hard to get to the spark plugs cuz they are under the intake manifold and I only brought my mk1 tools lol but its doin the runrunrunrunrunrun so idk he left it sitting and it wqs still sitting when I came to work at 10 tonight

Oh then ill tell him to come out tomorrow and ww will test for spark

Let us know what he finds out

It was the ignition coil he said it runs "better then ever" lol u knew it was spark he gave up that day thanks cris this is why I joined Fahren

Glad to help and glad he got it running again

+ Reply to Thread