monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies (& TV) - discussion, and what did you watch today?

Normal Member blue62 will become famous soon enough
    Spent all day watching movies and going back to the "good old days" of my childhood... Watched Hall Pass, was pretty funny though not as good as I seem to remember the previews led it to seem. Then followed that up with some of the first episodes of Power Rangers (still can't believe I watched that when I was younger), was so awesome to see the Godzilla-esque of the show. Followed that up with a few episodes of the 1983 Inspector Gadget cartoon and finished off with some Dimitri Martin. Gotta love the lazy days

finally finished watching Battlestar Galactica. Great show.

it transcends the sci-fi genre by far... it's a character-driven story with a lot of drama. The writing, acting, special effects, etc. are all more like a 5 year long movie than a normal tv series. It's worth giving a shot if you don't normally like this sort of show... because it's probably not the show you think it is.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Watched True Grit followed by Gnomeo and Juliet... both good movies. haha

I couldn't watch Gnomeo & Juliet... stopped it ~30 minutes in

today's Top Gear was pretty awesome
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Watched episode 1 of this seasons Top Gear UK.

sweet.. you have two more to go to catch up!

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Yup yup I have them but I need to force myself to sleep instead of watching them tonight.......hehe

Watched some Super Speeders last night. Got a good laugh as they did a Top Gear-esqu "challenge" where they had to buy cars for $500, drive to Atlantic City, gamble whatever they had remaining from the car purchase, then drive back. Pretty funny stuff as one car ended up being a Volvo 240 wagon with no windows, and fold up baby gates for front doors

Super what? never heard of it..

I'm all caught up on Top Gear UK until the next one comes out.

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Super what? never heard of it..
    Super Speeders, it's based alot around some rich dudes that drive expensive cars and don't give a crap about getting pulled over or anything and do Bullrun, Gumball 3000 etc. Some people don't care for it but I enjoy it so meh lol. Sort of a variety show though but not a studio-shot deal and involves some more illegitimate things such as a competition to see who can get pulled over by the cops first

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    I'm all caught up on Top Gear UK until the next one comes out.
    oh yeah, still need to watch the last one...
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    I saw IP Man 2 last night. I thought it was pretty good!

yesterday's Top Gear was epic.. great season so far

joel watched Hackers and i'm on a Whale Wars marathon!

joel watched Hackers and i'm on a Whale Wars marathon!

so yeah.. Hackers. It's as silly as I remember it right after it came out, but still fun. It has some of the most memorable lines of any cyberpunk movie I've seen, and I can't help but smile while watching some of it. I also can't help but scratch my head at some of the stupid computer graphics swirling around when people are "hacking". It's stupid... but still fun

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Really? Whenever I hack, all I see are swirley graphics.

Definitely a really fun movie though.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

Hall Pass

pretty stupid movie.. where most of the nudity is of the male kind. The acting isn't very good.. no real chemistry. There were a few funny bits.. that's about it. Oh, and Jenna Fischer is cute, but her acting wasn't very good here either.

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Resident Evil: Afterlife

First saw this in the theater and thought it was OK. Some of the wire-work was really obvious, and it still is. Not bad overall though.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

I watched the 4th episode of this seasons Top Gear and had some good laughs!
    My buddy has a S8 just like the one they used for the train......haha
    What a shame what they did to it!

Ya know... a MOG would be a perfect train!

Ya know... a MOG would be a perfect train!
    isn't it already used on tracks?

Yep mostly just to move railroad cars around to get ready for a train to pull them but nothing long distance I assume.

re-watched "She's Out of My League" last night.

first, Alice Eve (the female lead) is freakin' hot.. genuinely a beautiful girl. She also has a sweet accent, even when she's trying to act American. I don't normally like blondes, but.. yeah. The beauty of this movie is that the two leads come across as rather genuine people, and she plays her character as someone who has very nice, sweet, and likable as a person. The male lead (Jay Baruchel) is quirky, of course, but also just comes across as a rather normal and nice guy. They some how make the romance actually seem real, which is pretty amazing given the story line and the two actors involved.

visual help:

The rest of the characters are all there as comedy filler.. all being very simple and on-sided. That said, everyone in the cast plays their part well and really lend themselves to the quality of the movie.

So, I generally dislike modern American comedies. I'm a Monty Python or Fawlty Towers sort of person when it comes to humor. But I really quite like this movie. I remember reviews after it came out stating that they were also surprised at how good the movie is, and how genuine the main characters and the romance are played.

It also helps that the girl is simply hot and is playing a character who falls for a quirky normal guy... makes you smile watching it

After watching the last Top Gear I kind of want to watch Johnny English just to check it out.

+ Reply to Thread