monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 10 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies (& TV) - discussion, and what did you watch today?

that was a pretty epic episode
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    After watching the last Top Gear I kind of want to watch Johnny English just to check it out.
    Johnny English is pretty good.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

Dude Where's My Car

Normal Member blue62 will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by gti_guy View Post
    Dude Where's My Car
    YES So dumb it's awesome

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    No "and then"!
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

I definitely drop the "I don't want to play your chinese food mindgames" to the cooks at the chinese restaurant I work at sometimes.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Watched season 2 episode 1 of Top Gear US and laughed a bit here and there.
    The show is entertaining but it sure has some fake and scripted moments.
    For example there is no way they can turn any of those cars into monster trucks "overnight."
    I'll still watch them because its always good for a laugh!

Now if we could just get Adam to go away and have his spot filled by someone else.

just because the commentary stretches things a bit doesn't mean what you're watching is fake or scripted

agreed on Adam.. I've thought he's useless on the show from the beginning.

This show tonight sucked, imo. It was painful for me to watch. The whole show might have been able to be stripped down to be part of a greater show and then it might be ok. But I think it completely sucked as a whole "hour"
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I agree.
    They didn't even review a car!

I did get a chuckle at Tanners shirt!

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    I get a kick out of the show. I don't think this episode was all that great but it did have me laughing a few times. Next weeks looks better other than the destruction of a caddy.

Yeah its just entertainment ........ but I hate seeing old cars get smashed up!

- Jorge Luis Borges

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    They didn't even review a car!
    how is that any different from TG UK?

Carnosaur. A favorite of mine from a very young age.

- Jorge Luis Borges

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    season finale of Deadliest Catch
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    season finale of Deadliest Catch
    haven't watched the last couple of seasons...

Oooooh I need to catch up on that show!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    they brought on a couple of new boats in the last season or two, changed it up a little
    -Tyler-

I should know better than to try and watch another 1970s film. I just don't get these... it's like everyone was on drugs when 1970s movies were made.

Anyway.. I watched Logan's Run tonight. It wasn't bad... but a lot of things just weren't explained in any way, and what happened in 2 hours would have probably happened in 45 minutes in a more modern movie. I think they tried to make a few points about society or something, but nothing really made sense to me in the end. There were a few parts I enjoyed, and the 'old man' character was fun, but that's about it. Oh well..

I've been meaning to check out Logan's Run for a while. I should get on that.

- Jorge Luis Borges

it's a nice concept.. and it's not bad. It's just way too '70s movie' for my liking.

holy cow.. The Lincoln Lawyer is a good movie.

It's a movie about a lawyer played by Matthew McConaughey. The cast also includes names like Marisa Tomei, Ryan Phillippe, William H. Macy, and Josh Lucas (among others). I remember it getting good reviews when it was out, but I never found enough interest in it to watch it. I finally got around to watching it tonight, and I'm glad I did.

It's a bit of a thriller I suppose... several small twists, some of which you can't quite see coming.. with a lot of character plays back and forth through the whole movie. The acting is great.. I mean really good. The story is solid, the filming is good, and the movie kept me pulled in. I was wanting to know what happened next, and how each character would react as the movie went on. The length was perfect as well.. I didn't really feel like anything was left out, or like anything was drawn out or too long ('course it helps when you're into the movie).

I can't say anything about the story itself.. that'd give too much away. But if anything here sounds like it might be up your alley, then this is definitely a movie you should check out.

Watched Your Highness a little while ago. Great casting, and some very funny bits. Excellent soundtrack as well. Overall pretty good, and would definitely watch again.

- Jorge Luis Borges

17th season of Top Gear was one of the best...

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    Watched Your Highness a little while ago. Great casting, and some very funny bits. Excellent soundtrack as well. Overall pretty good, and would definitely watch again.
    only reason I have any interest in seeing that movie is this...

(imdb won't let me hotlink any more.. apparently)
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2336209664/tt1240982
    Last edited by joel; 2011.08.02 at 02:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread