monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst ... 13 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies (& TV) - discussion, and what did you watch today?

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    'Killer Elite'... coming on September 23rd

stars Jason Statham, Clive Owen, Robert De Niro, and Yvonne Strahovski. How can you go wrong with those actors?
    This might be the first movie of the year that I'm actually excited to see.

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Watched latest Top Gear US.
    I actually found this episode entertaining. That Lexus is a pretty sweet ride and it was nice to see some cool cars instead of hey lets beat the crap out of these piles. Although the indoor speed record was done in a race car and was only 5 seconds faster then the R8. I still find a 600hp $500,000 Fiesta to be a little crazy. It's still a Fiesta.

5 seconds faster is a lot faster, considering that you have to accelerate and stop within the same distance. There's a reason it took a race car to beat the record by more than one second.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that TG US would be at least twice as good if the TG UK production staff could get their hands on the video. Let them produce the show. Top Gear US still completely fails at creating suspense and building a climax in their videos... which results in mostly boring footage that isn't much better than what I could do with a couple of cameras and my own voice over.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I agree!
    It also seems that they never use their studio and they are always outside. They could also spend some time landscaping and maintaining their test track so it doesn't look soo ghetto.
    The biggest change in my opinion is to get rid of Mr. N.Y..

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    I expected more out of the Fiesta compared to that heavy R8 although you are right. 5 seconds is a long time on a track or inside a warehouse. And I agree that NY guy needs to go. He adds little to no value to the show. The only thing he can do is rip on Tanner and he doesn't even do that very well.

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    This week's and next weeks episodes of Top Gear UK. Next weeks episode was so much fun!
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

I agree!
    It also seems that they never use their studio and they are always outside.
    did you watch the first season? All of their in-studio bits were horrible. It appears that they gave up on those parts and just left it out entirely.

They could also spend some time landscaping and maintaining their test track so it doesn't look soo ghetto.
    The biggest change in my opinion is to get rid of Mr. N.Y..
    TG Uk's track looks even more ghetto.. and yet that track has made it into video games now.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    This week's and next weeks episodes of Top Gear UK. Next weeks episode was so much fun!

Top Gear ended a little over a month ago
    http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/17/

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post

Top Gear ended a little over a month ago
    http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/17/
    Yeah, I know. The one with the car trains. Way too much fun.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    Yeah, I know. The one with the car trains. Way too much fun.
    too bad you're missing about 15 minutes of the show.... and the music is all different. Sometimes the music is incredibly awesome on the UK show.

Normal Member lurkertom is on a distinguished road lurkertom's Avatar
    Sons of Anarchy Season 4 on FX

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Watched the latest Top Gear Australia and it was awesome and funny all at once.....hehe
    They had a race between a VW Amarok and an Audi V10 R8 Spyder which was pretty funny.
    Then they had a guy drive a Smart car as if it was a bike to illustrate how bikers are a-hole drivers......bwahahaha!

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-mo...s-movie-stars/

"the 5 most accidentally famous movie stars"

guess I need to catch back up with TG AU..

Top Gear UK > Top Gear Australia > Top Gear US........IMO.

of course...

note that your list is in order of age

really enjoying the Outsourced show.. once I got over how ignorant all of the characters are (realizing that's on purpose)

Your Highness. Looks good on Blu Ray.

- Jorge Luis Borges

watched Bridesmaids this morning.

It was fairly painful to sit through for me... it was mildly funny at times, acting was ok, etc. Maybe I'm just too young for this movie (and I'm not a woman).. I found most of the women not attractive. The story was a little disjointed at times. In the end, it seems like it's one of those "things constantly get worse" sort of movies, but without much of the humor or other twists that might normally happen. The only part of the movie that I kind of liked was seeing the main actress and the cop hooking up.. but they really didn't spend much time on it.

It's a movie about a bunch of women getting ready for a friend's wedding... and things going wrong, and with personal differences getting in the way. And I really think that description makes it sound about as interesting as it really is.

Watched the season premiere of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia last night. Off to a good start for sure.

- Jorge Luis Borges

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Watched the third pirates of the carribean last night. pretty not bad.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Watched the third pirates of the carribean last night. pretty not bad.
    they relied even more on just humor for that movie.. but I enjoyed it. I think it's a rather underrated trilogy by much of the world

I just watched "Love The Beast". I think a lot of people here would like it, its essentially about the passion that car people have about their cars.

watched Blade yesterday. It's a classic, imo. Not a great movie, but definitely one of the better vampire action movies I think.

Quote: Originally Posted by gti_guy View Post
    I just watched "Love The Beast". I think a lot of people here would like it, its essentially about the passion that car people have about their cars.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1284028/

Quote: What if you were a Hollywood movie star with an obsession for cars and racing? You would probably read every script with even the tiniest link to the subject matter, in the hope that you could tell a great car story of the likes of "Grand Prix", "Le Mans" or "Mad Max". Then one day you happened to open your garage door and sitting there, right in front of you, was the film you had been searching for. This is what happened to Eric Bana and this time around, the co-star is his very own Ford GT Falcon Coupe- THE BEAST. Eric realized the story was in fact, about him, his first car, a lifetime of ownership and a lifetime of friendship. He set about documenting his own 25 year long love story. A simple tale of one man's ongoing relationship with his very first car. After years of precious restoration, Eric and his 3 closest friends, decided to enter the car into one of the most grueling and dangerous motor races that exists: The Targa Tasmania Rally...
    ok.. definitely need to see that

Have you seen it Joel?

+ Reply to Thread