monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ... 12 42 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1932

Thread: Movies (& TV) - discussion, and what did you watch today?

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Can you compare it with star trek and/or bsg, or give your thoughts on it in relation to our discussion?
    I haven't seen the series in a really long time, so I wouldn't be able to give you much insight. I have been watching random episodes of TNG lately as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    I haven't caught Babylon 5 or BSG yet, but they are definitely on my list to watch.
    I really do think that BSG is one of the best series in recent history. Watch it.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Watched Perks of Being a Wallflower it's a really good movie, also watched funsize it's a shitty movie.

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    I was a big fan of Babylon 5 back when it was new. Ought to start that from the beginning again soon.

We randomly started the Highlander series from the beginning a couple of weeks ago, and are now into the 2nd season. It is a silly show, but likeable. Something you can have on in the background and not always pay 100% attention to.

Finally saw 'Looper' over the weekend. Thought it was very good, though rather sad. Time travel always messes with my head.

And the little kid really freaked me out. How can someone who is like 5 years old be so scary?
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    I really do think that BSG is one of the best series in recent history. Watch it.
    Will do.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    We went to the movies Thursday and saw Parker. It was a typical Statham movie, so I enjoyed it. We also watched Extract. That was pretty weird, some good parts but overall lame.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arsigi View Post
    We randomly started the Highlander series from the beginning a couple of weeks ago, and are now into the 2nd season. It is a silly show, but likeable. Something you can have on in the background and not always pay 100% attention to.
    I watched through most of Highlander a couple of years ago. I enjoy the series, but I never finished the last season or so. I should probably do that.

I liked looper. It's use of time travel wasn't very credible, but I liked it anyway.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    The paradoxes of time travel are always so confusing. Alternate timelines just compound the issue.

If the young version of a person in the 'present' dies, his older future self (who is also in the 'present') suddenly ceases to exist... but he also ceases to HAVE EVER existed, therefore his actions in the present could NOT have happened arrrgggg....

If one were to look at surveillance footage of that person's actions in the present, would one see guns flying around apparently shooting themselves? Cars without drivers, etc.?

I tie myself in knots over things like that. You could say I get stuck... in a LOOP.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi

that's one way to look at it.. yeah. There are several 'theories' of how it could work.. some more based on science than others.

check this movie out if you can
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910554/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

Interesting! Will see if I can find that online somewhere...
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Watched The Master, it's long , dosen't make a lot of sense and the ending makes you go "wait what?".

Watched 'Chain Reaction' over the weekend, hadn't seen it before. Pretty decent. Many not-very-believable scenes, but hey it has Rachel Weisz in it so it is OK.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    I haven't watched Chain Reaction in quite some time. I remember liking it.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Just watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead. This week's episode was much more of what I've been missing about the series. I liked the focus on adventure, rather than the boring story of living in a prison and fighting cyclops.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    Just watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead. This week's episode was much more of what I've been missing about the series. I liked the focus on adventure, rather than the boring story of living in a prison and fighting cyclops.
    Me too. I was getting ready to jump ship.

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    I also started watching Vikings on The History Channel, last night. I'm very pleased with the way that mini-series is being produced. nearly movie quality.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Watched "Wreck it Ralph" last night - it was such a great movie! So many video game references / analogies that I just loved.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi

So kind of a cinematic Ready Player One? Until the Ready Player One movie gets made at least.

- Jorge Luis Borges

No, not quite. But still very good in its own right.

I *really* like Ready Player One. I sincerely hope that if they ever do make a movie of it, that they do it justice and don't screw it up.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi

The movie rights to Ready Player One sold before the book was even published.

Now, if it actually happens is another question entirely.

- Jorge Luis Borges

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    ok, until just now my mind was seeing that as 'Real Player One' Is that thing even around anymore?
    -Tyler-

Haha, not that I know of, but maybe it is.

- Jorge Luis Borges

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    The last week we watched The Jackal, Spies Like Us, and Fletch.

All three are excellent movies.

Watched The Big Bang Theory last night. Great episode!

- Jorge Luis Borges

I've always loved The Jackal, I remember it being one of the first DVD movies I ever purchased.

I've never actually seen the original movie, though I know the remake is only loosely based on it.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi

+ Reply to Thread