Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 21 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies (& TV) - discussion, and what did you watch today?

Movies (& TV) - discussion, and what did you watch today?

PLEAD DO NOT MENTION DOWNLOADING MOVIES. I'm well aware that a lot of people on the Internet illegally acquire copyrighted material all the time, and that it's largely socially acceptable. But let's not talk about it publicly here. Just mention the movie you saw and talk about it.. no need to discuss how you got the movie.

I watch movies all the time.. and I know a lot of other people do as well. I like to toss in a quick line or two of what I think about the movies I see, or at least mention what I saw. This thread is for that sort of discussion.

What movie have you seen today? What'd you think? Do you agree with others?
    Last edited by joel; 2010.08.24 at 21:31 PM.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

tonight I watched Twilight Eclipse. It's roughly 2 hours long.. the first 1.5 hours or so is mostly a continuation of the love-story-that-makes-little-sense and teenage angst with very little plot development most of the time. The last half hour has some action and better plot advancement.

I've watched all of these so far.. I still don't understand why these two kids love each other so much. They've been okay movies though, imo.

will probably watch Salt next..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I watched The Men Who Stare at Goats last night, was slightly disappointing. It just wasn't as entertaining as I was expecting, they used all the really good clips from the movie in the trailers.
    -Tyler-

Normal Member Steve is on a distinguished road Steve's Avatar
    Just saw The Green Zone with Matt Damon. It was ok... With the actors and subject matter, it could/should have been really good.

Regular Member DowNnOutDubin is on a distinguished road DowNnOutDubin's Avatar
    I want to see IP Man and have been putting it off the time to watch it. Has anyone seen it?
    Last edited by joel; 2010.08.20 at 17:26 PM.

placeholder doppelfaust will become famous soon enough doppelfaust's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    I watched The Men Who Stare at Goats last night, was slightly disappointing. It just wasn't as entertaining as I was expecting, they used all the really good clips from the movie in the trailers.
    Selena and I were both totally underwhelmed with this movie as well. It REALLY had an opportunity to be a great movie but came up totally short.

No movies for me lately but I started watching X-Files again beginning with season 1. Streaming with Netflix kicks ass.

Junior Member Andrei is on a distinguished road
    Watched the Expendables on Sunday. Awesome movie!

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Just watched Undead Or Alive. A western zombie comedy with Chris Kattan. Yeah. Could have been better, but zombie titties might be FTW?
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    I completely agree. It wasn't bad... just wasn't that entertaining. I lost most of my interest not too far into the movie.

just watched Salt. The whole movie I was wondering why it didn't do very well in theatres.. now I know. The ending sucked!

It's not a bad thriller really. The government bits are pretty unrealistic, the first 15 minutes are pretty boring, and the plot and character twists aren't too difficult to figure out. But, it's really pretty good. The ending though.. wtf? The climax just ended.. things appear to be maybe 20 minutes from an ending, and then it just ends. It's a 1.5 hour movie that should be 1:45 or even closer to 2 hours. I don't get it...

Bourne Identity is how you end a movie like this but leave room for a sequel. 'Salt' is the wrong way to end this sort of movie.

Just watched Saints and Soldiers, Can't believe it was made for under $1 million, great movie.

just watched "My Last 5 Girlfriends".. a British 'comedy'. It wasn't very funny, but wasn't bad either. I enjoyed its unconventional way of telling the story if anything...

Regular Member ENRGZR will become famous soon enough
    In theaters i have recently watched Inception and Scot Pilgrim. Both were great for what they were.
    Right now, I am watching season 1 of Dexter.

I hadn't heard of Scott Pilgrim at all until I started seeing mentions of it on twitter... still no idea what it is though

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar

Both excellent.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

presuming you watched those recently... ?

haven't heard of the first... but I wasn't very impressed with Alice in Wonderland. It wasn't bad.. but wasn't very good either, imo.

just got done with zombieland.

god damn emma stone is hot

Quote: Originally Posted by ndubber View Post
    just got done with zombieland.

god damn emma stone is hot
    that's a good movie.. I need to buy a dvd of that one..

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by ENRGZR View Post
    In theaters i have recently watched Inception and Scot Pilgrim. Both were great for what they were.
    Right now, I am watching season 1 of Dexter.
    Just finished watching the first four season's of Dexter. It's one the best show's I have watched in a long time!

Regular Member ENRGZR will become famous soon enough
    Yeah, on season 2 of Dexter now. I think i'll save 3 and 4 for my TDY to Maryland...

gonna go watch Scott Pilgrim in a bit..

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    presuming you watched those recently... ?

haven't heard of the first... but I wasn't very impressed with Alice in Wonderland. It wasn't bad.. but wasn't very good either, imo.
    Yup. finally got around to watching them.

Watched Crazy On The Outside earlier, and watching Lesbian Vampire Killers right now. Kind of a Shaun Of The Dead but with vampires. Pretty good so far. I'm convinced that every single female cast member is some kind of model, they are all drop dead gorgeous.
    Last edited by joel; 2010.08.24 at 21:28 PM.

- Jorge Luis Borges

OMG! "bummed by a gay werewolf".

So many great lines in this one.

- Jorge Luis Borges

just want to reiterate that discussing illegal activities is disallowed on this forum.. that includes downloading movies. You can talk about a movie all you want.. just don't mention obtaining it illegally

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    gonna go watch Scott Pilgrim in a bit..
    soooo...
    this movie was weird. It was completely awesome in some ways, if you're at all a nerd/geek. But I couldn't help but think about how crazy the actors must have thought they were while making this movie, because so much of it was just... crazy. The story didn't really flow very well since it was always broken up with weird action sequences and odd characters. But I still enjoyed it.

oh.. and this girl is honestly very hot, though she wasn't meant to look good in the movie I don't think..

+ Reply to Thread