Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 31 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies (& TV) - discussion, and what did you watch today?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    watching Brew Masters right now, not sure I could drink Chicha
    -Tyler-

so much to watch on Sunday nights right now...

Walking Dead
    Top Gear USA
    Brew Masters
    Dirty Jobs
    and Futurama, when it comes back
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Watched a couple Dirty Jobs last night and OMG laughed my ass off at Mike!
    They went to a place that studies rotting pigs for forensic information......OMG Funny!

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Star Trek: The Motion Picture on Blu Ray.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    The Goonies on Blu Ray.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    I still have yet to watch that the whole way through... not the best of movies, imo
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Watched a couple Dirty Jobs last night and OMG laughed my ass off at Mike!
    They went to a place that studies rotting pigs for forensic information......OMG Funny!
    Mike Rowe is awesome on Dirty Jobs... makes it one of the best shows on TV, imo

watched the first two Narnia movies over the last couple of days. This is the first time I've watched either of them since they were in the theater (2005 & 2008 respectively). I've read the entire series a few times, but I wanted to remind myself what the movies were like before watching Voyage of the Dawn Treader in a couple weeks.

The movies are pretty good I think, as long as you like these sorts of films. I still think that Prince Caspian seems to be missing something, or to be slightly incomplete, but it's not a bad movie. The Prince Caspian movie definitely strays from the book a lot more than The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe though, and both skip through/avoid a lot of the references, philosophy, and back-story used in the series (guessing this is to avoid people thinking the movies were too Christian in nature, or something).

It will be interesting to see how they do the next movie. It's a new director for this film.. and we lose two of the four kids as well (and gain one new kid). The story essentially has two or three rather big mini-stories, and several more small stories within the larger story arch, so I'm a little apprehensive about how they're translating it to the big screen. That was part of the problem with Prince Caspian I think.. since the story is not told linearly in the book.. it becomes a little more complicated.

I'm actually looking forward to the movies they (supposedly) are doing after Dawn Treader, since they'll involve all new characters. We should get a much better feel for the world, its history, creatures, folklore, etc. The new kid in Dawn Treader carries over to the next movie, but after that it's all new until the last movie.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I am sooo behind on movies it isn't even funny!
    I haven't seen any Star Trek movies....
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    watched the first two Narnia movies over the last couple of days.
    I haven't seen any of these either....
    I also haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies!

I'd better get busy watching some movies!

Mike Rowe is awesome on Dirty Jobs... makes it one of the best shows on TV, imo
    Have you seen him on the home shopping network?

I haven't seen any Star Trek movies....
    I tried to watch the first & failed. Haven't watched any of the other "original series" movies yet. I've seen three of the 'next generation' movies though. They're okay..

I haven't seen any of these either....
    I also haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies!
    I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies, and don't ever plan to. Both are based on popular book series just like Lord of the Rings. They're all fantasy-style stories, but they're all very different. Narnia is a lot more kid-friendly than LOTR to read, but has some deeper things that are easier to understand as an adult. The Narnia movies kind of skip over those bits though.. so they really just become 'normal' fantasy movies. They're probably all worth watching if you like that sort of thing..

Have you seen him on the home shopping network?
    no! that's gotta be interesting..

There's a bunch online......hehe

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    ^

<-- watching the beginning of the Civil War
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    watching Brew Masters right now, not sure I could drink Chicha
    I could probably drink Chicha......
    But there's NO WAY i'd drink this....... (video and audio are off and its always been that way online)

I still have yet to watch that the whole way through... not the best of movies, imo
    It definitely is among the worst of the series. Looks great on Blu Ray though, I will give it that. I like the rest (2-6 especially) way better.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Oh yeah, watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles earlier today. The memories of youth.

- Jorge Luis Borges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbd2DucRe1M
    There's a bunch online......hehe
    ahahahahaha... he is so awesome.

Oh yeah, watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles earlier today. The memories of youth.
    rewatched that whole trilogy a year or so ago.. and then TMNT. I really enjoyed all of them.. surprisingly well done, imo

rewatched that whole trilogy a year or so ago.. and then TMNT. I really enjoyed all of them.. surprisingly well done, imo
    Yeah, they're pretty good. Watched TMNT2 tonight.

- Jorge Luis Borges

there was a TMNT2?

there was a TMNT2?
    The one with Vanilla Ice, not the sequel to the more recent TMNT.

- Jorge Luis Borges

The one with Vanilla Ice, not the sequel to the more recent TMNT.
    oh... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles != TMNT. You have to keep them separate some how

so, Daft Punk did the soundtrack for Tron Legacy. I've heard it already through other means, but seeing this deal I think I'll be buying it as well.. it's really good.

Check it out.. $3.99 to download the full mp3 soundtrack on Amazon.com:
    http://www.amazon.com/Tron-Legacy-Da...769033&sr=8-11

oh... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles != TMNT. You have to keep them separate some how
    Easy peasy.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Dirty Jobs was a bit gross this week, but still fascinating to see a cow turn into (essentially) the meat we see in supermarkets

(⌐■_■)
    pffft, that wasn't gross at all
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread