Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 32 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies (& TV) - discussion, and what did you watch today?

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    pffft, that wasn't gross at all
    I said it was a bit gross... and I stand by my statement
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Watched Entrapment this morning.

Catherine Zeta Jones at about 30 has to have been one of the most beautiful women ever.... not so much now though
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Watched Dirty Jobs last night and actually was getting hungry from all of the steaks! Hehe
    Today I watched The Walking Dead episode TS-19.

I'm two episodes behind on the walking dead

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Oh I forgot to mention that I watched the 3rd episode of Top Gear US last night and it was a TON better than when they previewed the moonshine running!

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Oh I forgot to mention that I watched the 3rd episode of Top Gear US last night and it was a TON better than when they previewed the moonshine running!
    there's a top gear thread

watched 300 tonight. It'd been a couple of years, so it was good to get back into it and appreciate how different it is.

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    there's a top gear thread
    Post #252?...... just sayin..... hehe

for those interested... there's a new show on TWiT where they discuss current tv & movie topics.. getting a little geeky. I'm enjoying it so far..
    http://twit.tv/fr

It was a pretty slow day so I watched a bunch of old "Three Sheets" episodes!

Oh and i've watched "Olive the other reindeer" about 3 times today because the kids love it!
    They're not really watching it..... more of background noise for them!

got the Inception & Avatar blu-rays in today... debating whether I should watch Inception now (haven't seen it since the one time in the theater) or wait until I can watch it with my sister, maybe after the weekend.

Maybe I'll just watch the Avatar special features instead... though I'm much less interested in those

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Tommy Boy.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

watching random Cops episodes... I have 21+ seasons worth sitting here

for people who have seen a lot of movies this year (and everyone else too... because this is done very well)

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/12/14...-2010-270.html

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    HP7 Part one in 3D. Great movie, but I'm not sure I would have spent the extra money on 3D if I had paid for the tickets.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

hadn't seen Inception since I saw it in the theatre shortly after it came out. Watched it this morning on blu-ray and it definitely holds up well. One of the best movies in a while..

watched Narnia : Voyage of the Dawn Treader with my sister the other night

keep in mind I have read the entire book series a few times as a kid and an adult, and am quite a fan.

I didn't like a lot of what they changed in this movie.. some of it was minor and rather stupid, and some of it was pretty major (the "green mist" idea that has them sailing further into the sea is entirely made up... wasn't a big fan of that, but it didn't really change the movie either way). I didn't like how they glossed over the Lone Islands part (first stop in the movie). It's a pretty big part in the book, and it lasted all of 10 minutes in the movie. They completely changed 80 or 90% of the story for that part. That probably annoyed me the most while I was watching it.

The rest of the changes weren't as drastic.. and more in line with the type of changes made in Prince Caspian.

Overall I thought this movie was better than Prince Caspian. It was pretty good, enjoyable, and quite spectacular at times. Visuals were great as well! My biggest complaint with the movie is similar to issues with the first two: these are Disney films, and they apparently think kids aren't smart enough to follow along or stay interested without explaining every little bit of what's happening throughout the movie. There was almost nothing left up to the viewer to figure out... everything is handed to you. My sister and I both agreed on this.. it was just annoying. If they hadn't tried to make the movie so simple we both would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Worth watching, I think, unless you didn't like the first two.
    Last edited by joel; 2010.12.15 at 23:29 PM.

Watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and Die Hard, two of my favorite Christmas movies.

- Jorge Luis Borges

I re-watched the season finale of Dexter because I was buzzed the first time I watched it.

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    these are Disney films, and they apparently think kids aren't smart enough to follow along or stay interested without explaining every little bit of what's happening throughout the movie.
    whoops.. found out that Fox got the distribution rights for this movie

saw Tron Legacy tonight.

I can see why a lot of people aren't liking it. While it's rather action packed the entire way through, the pacing is slow and drawn out. The movie is beautiful, but by the end you don't really care any more. The soundtrack is freakin' amazing, but by the end you just don't care as much, and it almost gets annoying because the music's pacing just reminds you that the movie is so slow. It's probably a little too geeky or fantasy-filled for a lot of people.. though I don't know why those people would have ever expected anything different. I did enjoy the movie though. It was filmed very well.. acting was great.. the world was pretty cool, etc. I just think I would have enjoyed the movie a lot more had parts been sped up just a little bit more.

- Jorge Luis Borges

saw a midnight showing of True Grit last night. I haven't seen the original, but will soon. I was surprised yesterday to see that the movie had a high rating on rotten tomatoes, but then it's Coen Brothers, and critics always seem to like them.

This movie was pretty freakin' good. It wasn't a blockbuster kind of movie.. no fantasy.. not a thriller and there wasn't any weird mystery...... it was just a good story with great characters and some genuine humor. The movie wasn't exactly a stereotypical western.. more just a good story that was set in that time, using some of the tropes of those movies when appropriate. The acting was great. The girl in the movie was amazing, or at least she played a character that was. Jeff Bridges was awesome as well. For the Matt Damon haters, he played a much smaller role, and I didn't even realize it was him until his second scene.

The movie was definitely a little on the gritty side, and usually when you least expected it. At other times it was slow and methodical. I loved it... very well done in every area. Will probably buy on dvd or blu-ray at some point

+ Reply to Thread