Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 33 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies (& TV) - discussion, and what did you watch today?

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Trapped In Paradise. Jesus H Christ I hate Dana Carvey with a passion. Good movie otherwise.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

just watched the original True Grit film.. with John Wayne.. from 1969. I'm not someone who likes old films just because they're "classics", and I'm not automatically a fan of John Wayne either. I do appreciate a movie when it's done well, but nothing really seems to stand out with this movie. I can't say I ever would have watched it had I not seeing the remake a couple nights ago.

I'll just say it: there is nothing in the 1969 film that is any better than the new 2010 movie.

I will say that I'm slightly disappointed to see how closely the 2010 version mimics the 1969 version, right down to the lines, order of scenes, characters, etc. That said, the Coen Brothers appear to improved things just enough to make their movie that much better. And, as mentioned, everything I can think of was better with the newer film. So, even if the new movie is almost an exact copy of the old one, it's so well done that I just don't care. I'm still planning on buying the dvd/blu-ray when it's available.. and I don't think I'll ever bother spending money on the old version.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

finished watching It's a Wonderful Life tonight.. it's been several years since I've seen it. It's such a good movie, and it's hard to believe that it was released 23 years before the 1969 True Grit and was better in every way: acting, editing, story, etc.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Just watched Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol. Imagine the "traditional" A Christmas Carol, but awesome.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

new Top Gear UK special came out today... it's the beginning of the next season (where as last week's special was still supposedly part of the last season..)
    http://finalgear.com

Really good. Might have been the best one.

- Jorge Luis Borges

tonight's TG UK show was stupid. Maybe I'm losing some of my interest, but I think the show is just getting stupider.

watched Harry and the Hendersons the other night.. first time since I was a kid. It's actually a pretty good movie, and it's kind of fun to see a movie that was filmed in Seattle and in the Cascades. The Harry suit is still amazing (Rick Baker of course) and I actually enjoyed watching it. Good times..

Harry And The Hendersons is excellent.

Got sucked back into the Doctor Who-a-thon again. so much for sleep.

- Jorge Luis Borges

just watched Skyline

so, I knew it would suck, but I at least thought it would involve a few more scifi or fantasy elements. The only scifi part was that it involved aliens destroying things, and the last 5 minutes or so was actually interesting. I wish they'd sped up the first 1 hour & 15 minutes so that the last sequence could make up more of the movie.. then it might have been decent.

Instead this was basically a cheap horror-type movie.. where there are maybe 5 or 6 main characters and you know which ones are going to die first as soon as they're introduced. It's full of pretty actors and the alien animations look pretty cool. But overall the movie was just boring and lame... absolutely no originality (other than the aliens) until the last 5 minutes or so.

That's unfortunate about Skyline. I thought it had looked interesting from the previews.

Watching Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan right now.
    Last edited by EK20; 2011.01.01 at 19:33 PM.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Star Trek III: The Search For Spock

- Jorge Luis Borges

also watched Hot Fuzz this morning... excellent movie, of course

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Hot Fuzz is indeed excellent.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

- Jorge Luis Borges

really are plowing through those eh? I think I'd get bored of them quickly

Haha, yep. Picking up tomorrow where I left off tonight.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

- Jorge Luis Borges

Star Trek: Generations

- Jorge Luis Borges

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I watched "Salt" today and it wasn't bad.
    Kept my attention the whole movie which most movies can't do anymore.

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    I watched "Salt" today and it wasn't bad.
    Kept my attention the whole movie which most movies can't do anymore.
    it's okay.. not as bad as I thought it was going to be

Salt was definitely better then Wanted.

Watching Star Trek: First Contact right now.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    Salt was definitely better then Wanted.
    definitely!

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    Watching Star Trek: First Contact right now.
    possibly the best TNG film

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    possibly the best TNG film
    I would agree.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Star Trek: Insurrection

- Jorge Luis Borges

+ Reply to Thread