Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 22 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies (& TV) - discussion, and what did you watch today?

Regular Member ENRGZR will become famous soon enough
    glad you enjoyed it. It's one of those movies that I feel iffy about recommending. I feel that most people will find some way to enjoy it, but at the same time I feel that they may be let down by it.

about to watch The Expendables... watching it expecting to not be much more than a bunch of action movie actors blowing things up.. should be good
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

was a pretty good action/blow-em-up movie imo...
    they let story get in the way of action a little too much I think, but the action was good. It's the sort of movie where the 'good guys' never really get hurt, always hit their target, and end up happy. Story just gets in the way
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

placeholder doppelfaust will become famous soon enough doppelfaust's Avatar
    Watched the new Alice in Wonderland. Visually, awesome. Everything else, not so much. I would say it was entertaining to watch but it was weird and I didn't like the story. Selena and I think Tim Burton tried to hard to make it a Tim Burton movie.

I agree... it had some good bits, but overall it just wasn't that great.

just finished Robin Hood.. the Russell Crowe version.

it's sort of a pre-outlaw story.. ending with "and so the legend begins". That doesn't mean it's not full of action though. It flows pretty well... the main character makes enough sense, imo, .. etc. What didn't make much sense to me was his 'merry men'/friends/co-fighters.. whatever they're called. They follow him around and fight with him, but you never really see them or find out what they are doing and why... why they're following him. They're just sort of persistent people you see throughout the film that are not major characters. As for Russell Crowe though.. he does a pretty good William Wallace impression

Oh, and some how they made Cate Blanchett not very pretty. I don't know why.. she can be much more elegant looking than they did here.

Good movie overall... not sure why it didn't seem to do so well in theatres. Maybe it was just bad timing.
    Last edited by joel; 2010.09.02 at 04:31 AM.

and seriously... when did movies start having such long credits? I remember when the LOTR extended movies had 10+ minutes and people thought that was insane.. but at least they were scrolling through every name of the Tolkien Club, or something like that. This movie has 8 minutes of credits... eight minutes.. without listing any names in any Robin Hood club

saw Prince of Persia tonight.
    It's pretty good.. very watchable.. nothing very wrong with it. But it's not one I'll be taking home, I don't think. There's just nothing.. special.. about it. The acting is just okay, and it's pretty 'out there' as a story, by nature. It's entertaining none-the-less.

The Le Parkour style action tossed in by the main character was kind of odd.. seemed completely out of place. That.. and "Prince of Persia" was a white guy, along with most of the rest of the main cast. WTF is up with that?

placeholder doppelfaust will become famous soon enough doppelfaust's Avatar
    We watched Clash of the Titans a couple nights ago and it was entertaining. Nothing really stands out, I think it kind of lost a lot of the "epic journey" feel of the original. Visuals were good, acting wasn't bad. Its definitely worth renting, it's not a movie I NEED to add to my collection.

We watched "Kalifornia" lastnight. David Duchovny and Brad Pitt in their hay day. It was a very dark movie, we really liked it. Brad Pitt played his role great, you really hate his character, which is the idea... I'd really recommend seeing it. I might buy this one to have it... (even though it was streaming free on Netflix.)

I started watching Clash of the Titans a while ago.. got bored.. fell asleep.. and never finished it

started to watch "Letters to Juliet" and stopped it about 15 minutes in. No thanks..

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Watched RepoMen tonight enjoyed it. Some great scenes of them cutting repoed body parts out. The repomen all drive beefed up Touareg's. Ending is a little odd though. But I have that proplem with about 90% of movies lately.

Man, Myth and Legend jason.lee is on a distinguished road
    I watched Robocop this morning...

Sitting in the theatre (yes.. alone) waiting to see The American

so.. The American is a rather ironically named film considering how un-American the movie style is. It's incredibly European-like. The trailer did a horrible job of preparing you for what to expect from the movie, so I imagine a lot of people walk out rather disappointed. It's a good film though.. very well put together with a lot of genuine suspense and a lot is said with very little actual dialogue. I can't say that it's one of my favorite films in recent times, but I definitely have a lot of respect for what it is and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys honestly good movies that aren't afraid to ditch the typical current American style of in-your-face movies.

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Just got back from seeing Resident Evil: Afterlife. What an exciting movie with a great soundtrack. Saw it in 2D since I feel that 3D is a gimmick that tries to make up for a movie that fails on some point(s).

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Oh yeah, watching Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure right now.

definitely agree on the 3d comment for most movies.

Normal Member machetephil will become famous soon enough
    Picked up Pulp Fiction for 5 bucks the other day. Hadn't seen it in a couple years . Also Netflix on Demand is great for finding old movies you don't see many other places

Regular Member ENRGZR will become famous soon enough
    A Perfect Getaway. Not great, but decently entertaining.

Normal Member machetephil will become famous soon enough
    Watching Nightmare Before Christmas with my 5 yr old

Man, Myth and Legend jason.lee is on a distinguished road
    just watched "From Russia With Love".

Quote: Originally Posted by jason.lee View Post
    just watched "From Russia With Love".
    wuzzat?

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    wuzzat?
    bond flick.

just watched harry brown again. great british movie. i wish michael caine was mah grandpappy.
    bitches catchin feelings like will i am

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    wuzzat?
    srsly?

+ Reply to Thread