monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strange housing near Snohomish

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar

Strange housing near Snohomish

So I finally had my camera with me when I was nearby, so Casey and I stopped to check this place out. Really cool stuff. Looks like no one's been there in a long time, though it looks like this place has been used as storage for some reason.

The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    got a map link to where this is?

Kinda looks like they did that to keep the buildings from flooding.
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Yeah, it's on Lowell-Snohomish River Road. You can get there from either end of the road, one in Lowell, and the other from Airport Way that runs by the Airport just outside of Snohomish and leads to Highway 9. Coming from the Snohomish end, it'll be on your left right across the street from a great spot to park.

The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    How much?

How much what?

- Jorge Luis Borges

did it look like the area had actually flooded anywhere near that high? looks like some odd paranoia to me
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Its gotta be for flooding.

a coworker found this.. from 2006, around the snohomish:

so it looks like they've given themselves an extra half story or so above record levels. Makes sense I suppose..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

better than building on a flood plain and complaining when a flood happens.. like almost everyone else does (especially along the puyallup)

here.. found this image:

larger: http://commondatastorage.googleapis....l/32452526.jpg

my coworker says it's anywhere from 5 - 14' below that to the water... so it gets pretty amazingly high. Crazy..

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    How much what?
    how much does it cost

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    I've seen that valley go under a few times and it's suppose a 100 year flood.

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    did it look like the area had actually flooded anywhere near that high? looks like some odd paranoia to me
    Not really. I didn't see much water damage or any staining to indicate that it ever flooded there.

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    a coworker found this.. from 2006, around the snohomish:

so it looks like they've given themselves an extra half story or so above record levels. Makes sense I suppose..
    I was drinking at a pub right there on 1st and walked down to the water when it had flooded like that a year or two ago. It was really dark and I was kind of drunk, but it was still neat to see the flood up close. I was on those wooden stairs you can see off to the right in that shot.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    how much does it cost
    More then you can afford pal, flood land.

- Jorge Luis Borges

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    That's a weird area.

Wonder what the story is..... there's alot of money wrapped up there!
    Probably got shut down because of lack of proper permits!

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Those house's have been that way for years. Like the early to mid 90's. Have always wondered what the deal was with them.

I saw pictures from four years ago and it was just as unused then as it is now. You can see that someone is storing stuff there, but it's definitely not habitable. That read door was well secured then, so someone has been there recently I would guess.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Normal Member rover31 is on a distinguished road rover31's Avatar

The BBQ looks like it was covered with water sometime. Is that a battering ram?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    that's a t-post hammer
    -Tyler-

I was wondering what that was. Looked fun.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Normal Member RAINWAGEN is on a distinguished road
    I would live there but it is snohomish lol

that bbq has def been underwater

Quote: Originally Posted by RAINWAGEN View Post
    I would live there but it is snohomish lol
    I would. Piccadilly Circus is an excellent watering hole and The Oxford is haunted.

- Jorge Luis Borges

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Lets go knock them down with my truck!

Haha, I'd play tour guide if I thought they would welcome a group checking them out.

- Jorge Luis Borges

I doubt they would. looks to me like those buildings have been modded to 'grow' stuff, if you know what I mean, maaaaaaan...

+ Reply to Thread