Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: share deals with others

Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    damn. those would fit my car.
    they would? 16" is the minimum for gti brakes..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Oh, I guess I didn't look at the size. whoops!
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

meh.. I wouldn't want studs anyway. Studs are mostly useful in serious snow or on ice. Studless is best otherwise
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

These don't come along often:
    1980 BMW 323is Euro E21 320i - $1500
    http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/2238465581.html
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    A buddy of mine is selling his Unimog!
    It has come a long way and its an amazing truck!

"I'll be selling my 1967 Belgian 404 Rock Mog soon. Until I get all the info
    together for an official "for sale" post, I figured I'd see if anyone might be
    interested.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbgerri...7603662389129/
    404, M180 all stock.
    - 25g fuel cell in back
    - custom steel flatbed w/ tiedowns
    - Full 6 point professionally built cage. Tested a few times a year. No damage!
    - Frame chopped for almost 90 degree departure angle
    - Chopped bumper
    - Custom extended cab, batteries behind drivers seat.
    - 4 Hella wheelin' lights
    - 39.5" Super Swamper Iroks on stock wheels. Bias ply. 95% tread left.
    - 4" lift jeep coils in the rear, Rancho adjustable shocks. Smooth and flexy.
    - NEW transmission (not rebuilt) in 2005ish.
    Brakes need bleeding, thing needs a bath.. Runs and drives well. Diff lock lever
    needs adjusting. I'm thinking like $8500?"

3858639054_e52c1a0e2d_o by rbgerrish, on Flickr
    Last edited by unimogken; 2011.02.28 at 17:53 PM. Reason: Trying to fix pic.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Anyone?

I only wish.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Anyone here like Chipotle? How about a coupon? Good till 3/10/11 so better get on it!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3SS2DHQY
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/2297450351.html

not mine, just tryin to help out...

Err. WTF?!?!

wrong thread

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    so a rant thread is better? I might have a good one tomorrow..

Mmmmmm, Chili!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Twelvizm at Brew Fest GTG 2011 --------->

"Wasn't me............."

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Joel, here's your wheels:
    18" RGR's? no thanks...

the offset is crazy low for my car anyway. ET-45 would be perfect

Are your fenders rolled?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    35mm wouldn't be that crazy.

l Arron lSPACE

Are your fenders rolled?
    no... not really a need. The limitation in the front is the fender liners. Otherwise, the fenders already go almost completely straight up on the inside.. both front & back.

Arron.. I'm rubbing a bit right now with 17x7.5 ET-45 wheels & 225/45 tires. Spacing it out 10mm more would look great, but would be suicidal to my tires and to my car.

Joel, did you forget that I've had 3 MKVs? What's rubbing is the tab that the fenderliner connects to. You shouldny be rubbing on anythig in the rear unless the jsw has something I don't know about. Lowered, 225/40/18 on a 18/8 ET 35 should be hella flush without rubbing on anything that would hurt your tires (assuming your roll the front)
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Joel, did you forget that I've had 3 MKVs? What's rubbing is the tab that the fenderliner connects to. You shouldny be rubbing on anythig in the rear unless the jsw has something I don't know about. Lowered, 225/40/18 on a 18/8 ET 35 should be hella flush without rubbing on anything that would hurt your tires (assuming your roll the front)
    haven't forgotten at all

the top screw mount in the front fender liners has been cut out and the tab coming off of the fender has been rolled up on both sides. The tires will still rub on the fender liners if turning hard enough with the 18s, and on some bumps with the 17s. The 17s rub a little in the rear on some harder bumps... the 18s do not (18s are ET-47 with 225/40 rubber).

Check out the fenders on a sportwagen some time. I'm guessing the fronts are the same as on previous mk5's, but the rears are not. They are almost completely rolled from the factory in back.

so cut your fender liners. mine have been almost non-existant since I put on my ultra-lows 3 years ago. you don't need most of them. haha

l Arron lSPACE

Rubbing on those fender liners wont damage the tires, just polish them up a bit. I had a spot that rubbed and it looked like it was always covered in tire shine. I understand though, I was happy to keep my huffs at ET51 without spacers.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    so cut your fender liners. mine have been almost non-existant since I put on my ultra-lows 3 years ago. you don't need most of them. haha
    don't need to.. so I won't. My current sets of wheels & tires work fine

+ Reply to Thread