monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2nd annual 72oz Steak Challenge for charity (want to sponsor someone?)

2nd annual 72oz Steak Challenge for charity (want to sponsor someone?)

So here's the deal.. this is the 2nd year we have a 'steak challenge'. It's a charity event where people can donate, buy raffle tickets, etc. The raffle tickets all go for some great products (last year Griot's had a huge package they gave they way.. Mike Gilbert had some car photoshoots he gave away, etc.) and the 72oz steak eating competition is what gets people to the event.

They're trying to get at least six people in on the steak challenge itself. The steak costs around $60 (actual price isn't known just yet) and that simply covers the cost of the food (though, for any plate that's completely finished the restaurant will donate that $60 to the charity as well). This is a great event for groups to have people donate the money for one person to participate in the challenge.

So I wanted to post up here and see if people here are willing to put maybe $5 or $10 toward the cost of a steak.. and then someone here can also participate in that challenge, if they like. Of course, this would get the site name in as a sponsor, etc... but that's not really my concern right now.

for now there's just a couple of Facebook pages... the main web site will be up soon.
    fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-72...45759045466382
    event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=161151017231990

This is a pretty big event.. it's open to anyone and any car group (not just euros or volkswagens), so feel free to let any of your friends know about this and send them to the facebook page

post up if you're interested in donating for someone to participate!

Quote: Yow are all invited to attend this years 2nd annual 72oz Steak Challenge for Charity.

***This is a family friendly event***

Date:
    November 6th, 2010 (Saturday)

Time: 5pm-8pm

1114 Broadway
    Tacoma, WA 98402

This year 100% of the events procedes will be going to The American Cancer Society!!!!

The 72oz Steak Challenge is a timed event where eaters will have 60 minutes to clear their plates of a massive 72oz piece of meat and some steamed veggies. Last year we had 6 try and 1 actually put it all down!!!

Just like last year we will be selling raffle tickets to raise money for the charity. Last year we raised just under$1100 and we would like to double that this year!!!!

Some of the local businesses that have contributed so far are Achtuning, The Varsity Grill, Meister Gauge faces, Unorthodox Customs, Tacoma Speedometer, Ultra Web Hosting, and WaterWerks.

If you are not interested in participating in the raffle we will also be accepting donations the night of the event. Arrangements can be made if you are wanting to make a donation but will be un-able to attented the event please let us know so we can accomodate you!!!!

Also we are asking for your help....If you know of anyone who has a busniess that would like to help out this fundraiser by way of donating raffle items please let us know so that we can get in contact with them remember the donations are tax deductible!!!

Now mark your calendar so that you will beable to attend this years event which is for a great cause!!!
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    eh, I could toss a fiver in

honestly, I'm willing to put up whatever money it takes to help get someone in. But the real question is... does anyone want to be the participant?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    not me
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    SapperMkIV (Kanon) won it last year. We were talking about it a few days ago, and he said he may go for it again. I will let him know about this thread, and we'll see if he wants to do it for the forum. I'll throw $10 in for the sponsorship.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    If we find someone, we need to make them a t-shirt or something
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    SapperMkIV (Kanon) won it last year. We were talking about it a few days ago, and he said he may go for it again. I will let him know about this thread, and we'll see if he wants to do it for the forum. I'll throw $10 in for the sponsorship.
    yah.. he did it for the restaurant last year..

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    I got $5 on it.

cool

*bump* for looking for someone who might be interested participating in the steak eating contest... or might know someone who does.

Normal Member RAINWAGEN is on a distinguished road
    I'll talk with some friends we might have to do this sounds like a blast

if we can't get a participant entered... we can still donate money in the name of the site

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    I wouldn't be able to eat 1/10th of that steak, and I love steak!

Normal Member RAINWAGEN is on a distinguished road
    That's sounds good we could get a few of us to do it atleast its for a good cause

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    I talked to Kanon. He said he needs to check with German Perversion to see if they want him to represent them at the challenge, if not.... he'll do it for this forum.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    I talked to Kanon. He said he needs to check with German Perversion to see if they want him to represent them at the challenge, if not.... he'll do it for this forum.
    sounds good. If we can't get anyone then we can just pool some money together to donate for the cause. My thought was that it would be cool to help fill out the competition as well...

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Wooo hooo! Someone needs to start doing some power training and stretch out their stomach!

We put a $100 gift certificate in on it

Quote: Originally Posted by Fine Tuning View Post
    We put a $100 gift certificate in on it

know anyone that might be able to participate in the steak eating challenge?

Junior Member Patrick is on a distinguished road Patrick's Avatar
    Its up on the vortex now I hope its as fun as last years!!!!
    Patrick- Like the Holiday
    per·ver·sion / pərˈvərzhən/ • n. the alteration of something from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended
    **GermanPerversion ** **WaterWerks**

Normal Member Steve is on a distinguished road Steve's Avatar
    I think I could eat that thing.

But thinking it and actually attempting it are verrrrrrrry different.

I'm in for $5 or $10 and I nominate we sponsor JOEL as the eater!

placeholder doppelfaust will become famous soon enough doppelfaust's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by jnyjetta View Post
    I'm in for $5 or $10 and I nominate we sponsor JOEL as the eater!
    That steak is almost as big as Joel!

yeah........ we'd be better off buying the steak and then just letting it sit there for people to enjoy staring at, than to have me sit down and try to eat it

Junior Member SAPPERSVDUB is on a distinguished road
    Quote: Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I think I could eat that thing.

But thinking it and actually attempting it are verrrrrrrry different.
    Very very true. Looking at it is completely different from having to actually consume it.

+ Reply to Thread