Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: so I drove to Long Beach

so I drove to Long Beach

I really needed to drive somewhere this last week, so I picked Long Beach (3rd time in the last year or so... so sue me )

first photographic stop was Oysterville.. at the northern tip of the Long Beach peninsula. It's on the shore of Willapa Bay. The town has been around since the late 1800s, though most of its homes were build in the early or mid 1900s. If I were to describe it in one word it'd be "quaint".

schoolhouse building from the earlier 1900s..

the only real street through the town

looking out over Willapa Bay from the oyster farm

my wagon

then I went to the Ocean Park area (just south of Oysterville, and on the Pacific Ocean side of the peninsula) to watch the sun set.. and the moon rise

and a couple shots of this from across the Columbia River, looking into Oregon

tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    :clap:

edit: why don't we have a clap emoticon?
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Normal Member lurkertom is on a distinguished road lurkertom's Avatar
    That picture you took of the Port Westward power plant is where I work. Actually right next door at the much older Beaver power plant. If I had known you were rolling through Longview last night you could have racked out here.

Normal Member lurkertom is on a distinguished road lurkertom's Avatar
    I shot this with my phone earlier in the day down at Pillar Rock

Quote: Originally Posted by lurkertom View Post
    That picture you took of the Port Westward power plant is where I work. Actually right next door at the much older Beaver power plant. If I had known you were rolling through Longview last night you could have racked out here.
    haha cool
    It was around 9 or 10pm at the time and I was still good to go, so I had no problem driving the rest of the way home

Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    :clap:

edit: why don't we have a clap emoticon?
    hadn't thought about it... have one in mind?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Only been to Long Beach once, and that was for barely 24 hours total. Didn't get to see nearly enough - drove around Oysterville a bit but it was already getting dark when we got there. Checked out the lighthouses and museum at Cape Disappointment. Very neat area in general.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arsigi View Post
    Only been to Long Beach once, and that was for barely 24 hours total. Didn't get to see nearly enough - drove around Oysterville a bit but it was already getting dark when we got there. Checked out the lighthouses and museum at Cape Disappointment. Very neat area in general.
    yeah it is... it's the best beach tourist area in Washington, generally has better weather as well... and there's quite a bit to see around there.

these are from Long Beach as well..

you can actually (barely) see both the north head & south head light houses in this... little white specs at each end

+ Reply to Thread