Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OBDI tuning, new years resolution

Junior Member chrisd1891 is on a distinguished road

OBDI tuning, new years resolution

hi everyone,

i come here in desperation. my new years resolution is to make my corrado run properly, it has never been quite right. Since I bought it, it has had a misfire at about 1500rpm. It also dies when it's not warmed up, after being revved above 3k.

I've replaced the obvious things, like ignition components, vacuum lines, and checked sensor readings with a vag-com. I've gone through the injectors and ignition components with a oscilloscope, and can't find anything obvious. I took the car to fine-tuning and Chris couldn't find anything wrong with it.

It's possible/likely that there is some modification (3.0L VR6, schrick cams, VSR, EGR delete, stock chip) that's causing this. I'm sort of at a loss here, usually I can fumble my way through things with the bently and google, but I'm admitting defeat on this one.

So I'm not really looking for anyone to diagnose this over the internet (though if you do you get a prize), really just looking for folks I could contact. Does anyone know of any Yoda of OBDI VR6 tuning in the Seattle area that might be able to give me advice?
    Last edited by chrisd1891; 2018.01.02 at 22:17 PM.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I'd suggest talking to Fine Tuning, Chris knows a thing or five

http://forums.pnwfahren.com/member.php?19-Rabbit-16v
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Looks like he has already been in contact with Chris: I took the car to fine-tuning and Chris couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Normal Member AlexPirate will become famous soon enough
    Does it do it under load or does it just happen when revving with no load? I'm no VR6 expert but have you checked your crank and cam sensor on the O-Scope while running around that RPM range?
    Looking for VOIP solutions? Contact Me

+ Reply to Thread