Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 32 62 ... LastLast

Thread: PNWfahren - Homebrew thread

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Ordering my CO2 kit tomorrow! wewt
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    umm, this is interesting, this morning my nut brown ale has decided to step up the activity, getting a bubble from the airlock every 10 minutes or so. Guess it's gonna finish at >4.7%
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    My Munich Dunkel has been a lot more active in secondary than I expected. I get bubbles every 5 minutes or so. I expected the majority of that to stop after I transferred.

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Mine was stopped for 5 days
    -Tyler-

WANT TO DRINK NOW!

l Arron lSPACE

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    and why haven't you brewed yet???
    No kidding huh?
    I still need to swing by the LHBS to grab a couple things.
    Would of loved to brewed but I had previous plans helping Joel move yesterday.
    I didn't know the package was going to get here yesterday.
    He knows a lot about for never drinking it.

(⌐■_■)
    Just ordered all my electronics for making my HLT
    -Tyler-

How Beer Saved the World is on the Discovery Channel right now. Great show so far.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    I'm going crazy with quick connects, going to go straight to the SS camlocks
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    gonna go with brass valves for now though, can't quite push myself to drop $60 on SS 3-piece valves quite yet.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    oh yeah, I brought my kegs home, and had another propane burner 'donated' to me. Need to sell off a bit more stuff to pick up a cooler for my MLT and pieces to make the manifold
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    gonna go with brass valves for now though
    I was reading a thread over on HBT and someone was mentioning only to buy brass fittings in California because other brass fittings have a high lead content that leaches into the beer.
    I dunno if its just the paranoid California thing that everything causes cancer or not but worth looking into I guess?

(⌐■_■)
    I have heard that they will have a little lead on them from the manufacturing process, but it comes out in the first cleaning. I bought from bargainfittings.com, tons of people on HBT are buying from them
    -Tyler-

OK cool then you should be good to go!
    I've ordered from them also....lots of really good vendors on HBT.

(⌐■_■)
    I did find bargainfittings to be a bit steep on the price of quite a few things though. I got my 1/2" couplers, tee, and 1/2-1/4 bushing from a vendor on ebay, came out to about 75% of what bargainfittings wanted
    -Tyler-

I need to sell off some crap that I don't use so I can put it towards brewing equipment like you've been doing!

I haven't even had any bites on my r/c car!

(⌐■_■)
    I had one bite on the r/c, but the guy just wants the car, nothing else, told him to make me an offer
    -Tyler-

do you guys know much about sankey couplers? the CO2 kit I am ordering comes with a "D" style coupler and the descrition says it works for american and mexican style beers. I'm worried it won't work on my Muich Dunkel. thoughts?

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    you're kegging *into* a sanke?

as far as I know, the coupler style just depends on where the keg came from, style of beer doesn't matter
    -Tyler-

The original kegerator kit that I bought also came with a sanke D and then when I went to the corny kegs I had to replace a couple things.

(⌐■_■)
    ah, I just bought a kegerator kit for Cornies, didn't even think about buying one with a sanke coupler on it
    -Tyler-

I would of gone that route also if I would of known about home brewing!

(⌐■_■)
    woot, r/c car is sold, that's more money
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread