Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 33 63 ... LastLast

Thread: PNWfahren - Homebrew thread

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Awesome!
    Do they want to buy mine?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    and, now the ESC and motor have sold, I should sprung for the 3-piece ball valves after all
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Just put it towards your MLT.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    well, I've got almost $200 now, that I did not have yesterday, it'll definitely cover the MLT
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    here's 2 pics of the brew stand as it is now. But, it is going to be taller soon

-Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    lookin good!

We all need to get together and brew sometime.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    I'm instructing a friend in extract brewing on the 12th, anyone who wants is welcome to come down, watch me work, and drink my beer
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    here's 2 pics of the brew stand as it is now. But, it is going to be taller soon

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    I'm instructing a friend in extract brewing on the 12th, anyone who wants is welcome to come down, watch me work, and drink my beer
    Yeah, I heard about that night. If it were another night, I'd be down, but that's my wife's 26th birthday. Can't justify not being around.... haha

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    yeah, you might get in trouble for skipping out on that one
    -Tyler-

I love that lens! I'm stoked to see how this all comes out!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

higher resolution: http://gallery.twardnw.com/var/album...g?m=1295983387

top shelf is 6'2 off the ground
    someone give me a quick explanation as to what this is...
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Ken & I were talking about the idea of coming down on the 12th. I've been wanting to get back down toward PDX anyway. It'd be a good excuse to hang out for a bit..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Joel, it's a 3 tier brewing sculpture for brewing all grain. It's gravity powered so you don't need a water pump to move your wort from the kettle to the cooler and so on...

l Arron lSPACE

okay.. guess I don't understand why you'd need the three different parts

(⌐■_■)
    top one is where you pre-heat water to a *very* specific temperature
    middle is where the malted barley goes, and then water from the top is poured in on top of the barley to extract the sugars (basically)
    bottom one is used to boil
    from the borrom tier you drain (cooled) wort into a fermenter, and then add yeast
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    oh yeah, finished up my keg-cutting jig this evening, but it's too late to try and cut into them now, that'll be tomorrow's project. Got a lot of shipment notices from ebay vendors today
    -Tyler-

top one is where you pre-heat water to a *very* specific temperature
    middle is where the malted barley goes, and then water from the top is poured in on top of the barley to extract the sugars (basically)
    bottom one is used to boil
    from the borrom tier you drain (cooled) wort into a fermenter, and then add yeast
    ahhh... got it

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Ken & I were talking about the idea of coming down on the 12th. I've been wanting to get back down toward PDX anyway. It'd be a good excuse to hang out for a bit..
    ??

Hehe, you quoted yourself!
    Yeah i'm down!

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Hehe, you quoted yourself!
    Yeah i'm down!
    thought maybe he missed it

(⌐■_■)
    dangit, I was gonna have a pic of my keg-cutting-jig, but I grabbed Jen's camera off the kitchen table instead of mine. Guess I'll go home for lunch and grab it.
    -Tyler-

I use a plasma torch for taking off my kegs lid.

Did the guy that did your welding have access to a plasma?

(⌐■_■)
    he probably does, that's not as much fun as DIYing though
    -Tyler-

Remember what Whitesnake says........ "slow and easy!"
    Well that's just part of the title but you get the idea......heheh

+ Reply to Thread