Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 34 64 ... LastLast

Thread: PNWfahren - Homebrew thread

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    /me is getting anxious to go home and get to cutting
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    time to meander home
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Have fun and don't forget eye protection!

(⌐■_■)
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    dangit, I was gonna have a pic of my keg-cutting-jig
    Nice cut!

(⌐■_■)
    I'm gonna get out there with the camera in a bit, the first one came out ok, then I modified my jig just a bit and the 2nd one came out even better
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    So the keg-cutting-jig...

I used a 4x6 joist hanger (could have gotten away with a 4x4) and cut it down to not get in the way of the guard on the grinder. Drilled some holes in it for large bolts to thread into the grinder, used a double-nut on one side to securely hold the grinder upright, and a PVC spacer on the other to snug things up. This was fastened to a 1.25" PVC coupler by a length of all-thread. The only change that's hard to see is I used a double-nut setup on the 'back' side of the couple after discovering how much the vibration loosened things up.

I touched up the edges of the grind with a 60-grit flapper disc on the grinder till I can run my finger around the whole thing and not find any sharp places.

I am also re-configuring the brew-stand, since I got my 2nd burner for free. It sits fairly tall, so I can lose the bottom tier, and just use the frame to bolt the legs of the burner to. Now, I only need to move the 2nd and 3rd tiers up by 8" and everything will be spaced properly. Going to work on that tomorrow I guess.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    dammit, bargainfittings 3-piece ball valves just went up to $25/ea Shoulda ordered
    -Tyler-

I love where this thread is going. When you're done, write up a proper DIY, so I can do it when I'm ready to brew. It probably wont be until the E21 is done. Or else Kim would kill me for spending money on two projects.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

You're kicking ass getting that set-up all together!
    I'm rapidly falling behind!

I think tyler is ignoring us Ken
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Nah I think he's just hanging out in his garage looking at all of his progress he's made on his brew stand and kegs and saying.......... Man i'm waaaaay ahead of that Ken guy!

I couldn't figure how to post this video......... so just click on it! Hehehe
    Alton Brown is my idol and has inspired me to explore cooking!

(⌐■_■)
    I'm not ignoring you guys

Adam, all you *really* need is a 5 gallon kettle and a fermenter (6.5 gallon carboy/better bottle/food-grade bucket). That's enough to get you started.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    also, I'm hoping some more of my stuff sells, then I might just skip this whole gravity thing and go straight to a single level
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Just nailed down the most awesomest brewery name evar!

Long Dog Brewing

Last edited by twardnw; 2011.02.02 at 10:58 AM.
    -Tyler-

I'm not ignoring you guys
    oh?

what of the 12th?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

(⌐■_■)
    It's an open invite, anyone who wants can come down
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    just got back from Dicks Sporting Goods, picked up a 60qt cooler, $50. Let the MLT building begin!
    -Tyler-

It's an open invite, anyone who wants can come down
    cool.. I'm up for coming down that day.

(⌐■_■)
    down to under a gallon of the Milk Stout left, the rest will be consume on Sunday at the Super Bowl party
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Get some dimensions on it first
    -Tyler-

Good point....i'll shoot them off an email.
    I have a weird space in my garage that is 48"high x 40"wide x 40"deep so a chest freezer would fit in there really nice!

Check out this thread over on HBT! OMG!

(⌐■_■)
    I've been watching that thread

in other news....

-Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread