Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 125 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 35 65 ... LastLast

Thread: PNWfahren - Homebrew thread

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Which temp controller is that one?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Nice i'll have to read up on it.
    I was looking at another one for hot/cold for a fermenter.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    look at the Love controllers, they seem to be very popular, and a bit cheaper than the Ranco or Johnson
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    -Tyler-

Damn, this is getting complicated. I just want some drunk nectar!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    Ken, I just looked into it, this Auber PID I bought can control heat and cool at the same time, and for the example in the manual, they actually use a beer fermenter.
    -Tyler-

The nice thing about yours is that you can do F or C.
    The one that I linked above is just C.

I'll probably pick up both because I NEED both a fermenter and a keezer!

How far away is the closest 240v socket? Kitchen and laundry room?

Do you have a generator or access to one?

(⌐■_■)
    no generator, closest 240v is the stove, about 25 feet from the driveway where I'll be brewing
    -Tyler-

Hmm, yeah that'd be a pain to run an extension cord and have to pull the stove each time and it wouldn't be a cheap cord.

I'm just doing some brainstorming and coming up with random ideas.....hehe
    Oh, you could have the HLT in the kitchen and instead run a 25foot hose.....haha

(⌐■_■)
    there *might* be a bit of heat loss with that
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    gonna swing by Lowes in a bit and pick up parts for making my MLT manifold
    -Tyler-

You are a machine!

(⌐■_■)
    home from the hardware stores. Lowes didn't have some of the stuff, neither did Home Depot, but the plumbing & electrical place down the street did!
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    manifold is about as done as I can make it until I get the bulkhead fittings, going to work on the PID now
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    pic overload!

Igloo 60qt Cube, stripped of wheels and handle:

drain removed

copper tubing all cut and dry-fit

drop it in the bottom just to make sure it'll fit in the cooler

pull apart (I labeled each fitting)

drill *lots* of holes, on the 'bottom' side. I used a line to keep the holes fairly close to bottom-center.

oooh, shiny

no up-close pics of the joints, it was my first time sweating copper, so they're not very pretty. The middle tee was left dry, so that I can rotate it to the correct angle to fit up to the bulkhead when it gets here, I also put the center tube not-parallel with the outter ones, it dips down slightly, this will keep the manifold about 3/16" off the bottom. The tubing coming off that tee will get a 45 on it, again, when the bulkhead gets here.

The beginnings of my control panel

-Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Damn, this is getting complicated. I just want some drunk nectar!
    from what I see.. it can be fairly simple, but can get complicated quickly if you really get into it
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

(⌐■_■)
    that's pretty much it Joel. You *can* brew beer with only a few pieces of equipment, and it is possible to brew very good beer like that too. But, there are some limits on the types of beer that can be produced. That, and I'm a gadget whore
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    That, and I'm a gadget whore
    No way! Hehe

Hey have you ever watched "Drinking Made Easy?"

(⌐■_■)
    bah, brew day is moved to the 13th, the friends that I am instructing can't make the 12th work.
    -Tyler-

Oh oh don't know if i'll be able to make that one.

(⌐■_■)
    yeah, sorry, Jen just informed me of the change
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread