monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 125 FirstFirst ... 5 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 45 75 ... LastLast

Thread: PNWfahren - Homebrew thread

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    <drunk post>

One of the next beers is going to be a clone of Spaten Dunkel

</drunk post>
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    That's what my current beer is modeled after. friggin delicious.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Irish Red? Tyler, let's road trip up and drink all his beer!
    dubbers are always welcome.

l Arron lSPACE

Just started steeping the grains for my "El Grande" mexican lager

l Arron lSPACE

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    ok, still nothing. should I go to the LHBS and pick up some more yeast?

I had a dream the other night that there was too much yeast, the fermenter was in the back of a pickup truck (for some reason), and I was about 30 meters away when it started to react. Blew the top off the fermenter and started exploding clumps of goo into the air and it got on me and everything in the area!

I don't think you need more yeast. If it hasn't taken ahold by now.... I can only imagine it's dead because something else took over your beer.

l Arron lSPACE

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    How do I tell? does this mean I dump it and start over? stir?

FWIW, we disinfected EVERYTHING during the process.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I think I need to come and grab your bucket and put it into my fermenting bathroom that stays between 65-72F.

My "El Grande" Mexican lager is in full fermentation! I moved it to a colder room to sit in lager temps for 5-7 days. Then, secondary as cold as I can get it for 3 weeks!

IRN, the gravity test tasted like sh!t. I tasted the Munich Dunkel wort and it was pretty tasty. wish I could say much about the El Grande.

My "Ginger Ale" batch will be brewed this thursday. about a 2 week turn around on that one. I just need to get another carboy for that one.

l Arron lSPACE

FFS. it took me 8 weeks to brew my Munich Dunkel, and I just poured the last glass 3 days after I tapped it. I need to make this beer again!

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar

I'm hoping to be drinking my IPA soon
    -Tyler-

I hope to be drinking your IPA as well. Cheese and beer?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    pizza and beer sounds more bettah!
    -Tyler-

I'm glad my next batch, the Ginger Ale, will be a two week beer. the Vienna Lager is going to take forever like the Munich Dunkel did.

l Arron lSPACE

This thread makes me feel bad because my only contribution is consumption. I need to get some gear together.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    I'm saying they're both done (CDA and Belgian Wheat), just gotta clean and sanitize the kegs, then transfer
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    The CDA is a couple points high, but not enough to make we worry.
    -Tyler-

I just talked to a buddy of mine that used to brew. He's going to loan me his gear so I can make a couple of batches. Woot!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    Just bring a carboy up, we'll do a 10 gallon batch of something and split it into 2
    -Tyler-

Sounds like a plan. But, it's got to be hoppy and strong. Or maybe a doppel bock? Or anything else that's around 7-9 abv
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    this pic doesn't do it justice, it looks *way* darker IRL

not quite as light colored as I was hoping, but it retained it's cloudiness
    -Tyler-

When do you want to do this? I'll clear my calendar and pick up the goods. Hmmm, then I'll finally get those 22 filled.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    well, a doppelbock won't happen, they use lager yeast, needs to ferment at 55 degrees, i have nowhere to do that.

what Ale do you like?
    -Tyler-

I have a basement that could work nicely. Ale? IPA, Double IPA, American Strong Ale and most Reds.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

+ Reply to Thread